• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stats for 4/28:

17 new topics    510 new posts    2 new members  :raspberry2: mmfancipher & SheepPyramid    64 most on-line

Stats for April to date:

462 new topics    12187 new posts    49 new members    80 most on-line

Stats for 4/29:

6 new topics    411 new posts    1 new members  :grpwelcome: thegoofyfamily    66 most on-line

Stats for April to date:

470 new topics    12620 new posts    51 new members    80 most on-line

yep, my eyes and brain hurt now

bye babybottles

:) :)  :) :)

If you want, I can check them out when I first post them here ... and give you a heads up on the 'headaches' ...

that would be wonderful...it saves me from going through 11 plus pages of membership until the new site shell is up

Stats for 4/30:

10 new topics    233 new posts    2 new members  :grpwelcome: harlie_quinn (Mrs. TJ) & TigerLilyRN    55 most on-line

Stats for April to date:

483 new topics    13020 new posts    53 new members    80 most on-line

moved t bottom to make it easier to update ...

Looks are deceiving. He is so timid it's pathetic. He doesn't like to be held and if you get any loving count yourself lucky. He is smart and beautiful but it has taken him a long time to make his way into the groove. Then today he got stung by a bee. I just hope everything we've done to draw him out won't get flushed :banana:

Aw... poor thing!  Hopefully he'll bounce back quickly.

Brady came to us at 7 months - he'd already been from a puppy mill to a pet store and through 2 families and a foster home.

He practically lived under the coffee table the first 18 months and had no use at all for people. He didn't touch a toy for the first 2 years.

It took a lot of time and patience, letting him progress at his own pace, but he's now 9, plays like a 6 month old and just in the last 2 years has started giving kisses to perfect strangers and insisting on sitting ON us on the couch.  He also pounces on me every morning as soon as the alarm goes off to make sure he gets his morning snuggles.

Harley was 6 mos. He was the last of his litter. My breeder called me and asked if I knew someone to give him a home. Uh Yes.

He was the same. Like a deer in the headlights. If we held him he would just freeze in our arms. In bed he would get in a spot and not move all night.  This last week he was starting to spontaneously jump on my lap. Now he is back to hiding. He has two safe places he goes and we never try to force any attention on him. It is all at his pace. Let me tell you giving him benadryl was a job. He weighs about 8 lbs and is strong.

Listening to Brady's story gives me hope though. Harley has been with us since August and he gets along great with the other dogs. One of my females is actually his half sister. Until today he loved going outside too. Now I can't get him past the door frame :banana:

Keep your fingers crossed :banana:

... This last week he was starting to spontaneously jump on my lap. Now he is back to hiding. He has two safe places he goes and we never try to force any attention on him. It is all at his pace.

Then I'm sure he'll bounce back.  Brady had many setbacks over the years. Weird things would spook him and he'd retreat back into his shell.  But each time he bounced back more quickly and continued to make progress.

He'll come around.  He's lucky to have you.

... This last week he was starting to spontaneously jump on my lap. Now he is back to hiding. He has two safe places he goes and we never try to force any attention on him. It is all at his pace.

Then I'm sure he'll bounce back.  Brady had many setbacks over the years. Weird things would spook him and he'd retreat back into his shell.  But each time he bounced back more quickly and continued to make progress.

He'll come around.  He's lucky to have you.

Thanks.

Um I think we hijacked the wrong thread :banana: