Cub Scout Pack first week in February

11 hours ago, MelbourneBeachChris said:

We are thinking about renting a golf cart. what do you think cart or use bus?

Welcome!

A golf cart is only supposed to have a driver and three passengers.  I don't see how that would work for a cub scout pack.  Also, there are only a couple of electric outlets available at Creekside Meadow- so you may have to negotiate with others to plug the cart in to charge it.

To get to the Meadow area (Trading Post, Pool and Campfire) use the footbridge that Travisma mentioned above.

Everywhere else, use the bus.

Or, if you take a left right after crossing the footbridge, walk along the path and it will take you to the 700 loop- it's not a far walk to the Settlement from there- a little hike is a good way to get the boys to burn off some energy.

TCD

Also- make sure to consult the Activities Guide for February, 2017 when it is posted.  They are usually not available until the first of the month.  There are supervised activities every day, and your scouts are welcome to join in- note that there is a fee charged for some of the crafts- so you will want to avoid those, or bring money to pay.

Here's the guide from February, 2016, which will give you a good idea of what may be offered:

24733164466_3c3f87b192_b.jpg

Definitely plan to go to the sing a long and campfire.  Bring your own sticks and marshmallows, as they are expensive to buy there.

TCD

On 12/25/2016 at 6:35 PM, mouseketab.....Carol said:

It is the group camping area just past Loop 2000. Designed for groups with tents. $10 a person per night, minimum 20 folks, fire pits made available, really just a big field with a bath house

Wow...I didn't realize the price was so low.  That could be fun for our homeschool group ?

1 minute ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Wow...I didn't realize the price was so low.  That could be fun for our homeschool group ?

Ahh...rethinking.  I guess Disney allows two or three families per site, so a tent site during off season would actually be cheaper.

9 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

9 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Ahh...rethinking.  I guess Disney allows two or three families per site, so a tent site during off season would actually be cheaper.

Yup :) and you get electricity, water, and cable with a tent site..... that's why the tent sites are so overrun with groups a lot of the times

On 12/31/2016 at 7:36 AM, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Yup :) and you get electricity, water, and cable with a tent site..... that's why the tent sites are so overrun with groups a lot of the times

Which isn't good... but I get why they do it.  Unless a group rents out an entire loop (for example all of 1500), I wish they wouldn't allow it.  Of course, how do you actually prevent it, except to limit the number of people (and tents) per site to a lower number?  I don't know that Disney has ever enforced a per number/site rule.  They may have one, but I don't know that they have every enforced it...which stinks if you happen to be neighbors with a loud group :(

1 hour ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Which isn't good... but I get why they do it.  Unless a group rents out an entire loop (for example all of 1500), I wish they wouldn't allow it.  Of course, how do you actually prevent it, except to limit the number of people (and tents) per site to a lower number?  I don't know that Disney has ever enforced a per number/site rule.  They may have one, but I don't know that they have every enforced it...which stinks if you happen to be neighbors with a loud group :(

The limit is supposedly 10 guests per site, and two tents.... BUT as you said enforcing it :(