Hello,

I am in the market for an outdoor movie projector.

I have been wanting one for some time now and with by daughters 1st birthday fast approaching, I really want to be able to project some footage from our Disney trips at her party.

I am looking for something up to $1000.00

I would prefer it to be able to project well without total darkness.

I see them at the Fort all the time and would LOVE to have one of my own!

Thanks in advance!

I really don't know much about projectors, but just wanted to say WELCOME!!!!!!!  We LOVE new POSTERS!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

With this bunch I'm sure SOMEBODY will have advice on a projector.  That's a good-sized budget for one, so I'm sure you will find a good one!!

Here is where you can get the Disney projector screen.  They have gone up some since I bought mine.  I got mine from Walmart dot com, but it looks like Home Depot online has them now.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=100623725&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=100623725&cm_mmc=shopping-_-googlebase-_-D28X-_-100623725&locStoreNum=980

As far as the projector goes, it changes about every three months because of the technology.  Based on what you are looking for, here is what is reviewed as the best for you.  I am actually looking for one as well because my projector only works at night.

This is the one I am looking at.

Vivatek D825MS

I am not sure if they are available new still, but I will update this as I find more.  They were 525 new.  Replacement bulbs range from 159 to 269.

They have several on eBay refurbished and used for good prices.  I will keep looking for you.  Just remember, replacing the bulb is the only consumable item on the projectors and it is expensive.

The website I found most helpful was wize.com

The Mickey screen is about the best on the market. The same company makes one without the Mickey ears, etc., but I like the Mickey.

I would advise at least a 1600 lumen projector for general use. The one Jen is looking at is 2600 Lumens, which is nice & will work better with some ambient lighting. You can always put the projector a little closer to the screen if need be, to make it brighter. Also, as she already said, the bulbs on some of the projectors can cost about half the price of the projector.

So when researching, either new or used, check on the bulb replacement price & how many hours the bulb should last. Many projectors have a function to let you know how many hours you have used the projector. Also, generally speaking, the higher the lumens, the shorter the bulb life.

As far as your speakers go, I use these when traveling. They don't  compare to a good permanent sound system, like I have in my back yard, but they do well for traveling. You can either run them off batteries or the have an ac adapter and you can add more speakers if you wish.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Audio-Unlimited-900MHz-Wireless-Indoor-Outdoor-Speakers-/280597356909?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item4154e7e16d

I found this on Ebay also. It is very bright and the bulbs run about $150.00. It is the type used in classrooms & churches.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hitachi-CP-X1230-LCD-Video-Projector-4000-ANSI-Lumens-/300550357369?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fa328179

Hello,

I am in the market for an outdoor movie projector.

I have been wanting one for some time now and with by daughters 1st birthday fast approaching, I really want to be able to project some footage from our Disney trips at her party.

I am looking for something up to $1000.00

I would prefer it to be able to project well without total darkness.

I see them at the Fort all the time and would LOVE to have one of my own!

Thanks in advance!

I just wanted to say,  ::)

I don't know about the techy part of projectors, but I can tell you from experience that Jen is absolutely correct about the expense of replacing the bulbs. I just replaced 2 at my school and they were $225 each.

As far as speakers go, most of the projectors come with their own speakers, however they are small.  I have this outdoor speaker from Brookstone and I absolutely love it.  It also has a transmitter for you to move the speaker anywhere in the range of the transmitter.  Here is the link.  In fact, we are using it on our trip to Crystal River.

http://www.brookstone.com/indoor-outdoor-wireless-speakers.html?bkeid=compare|mercent|googlebase|search&mr:trackingCode=71A45775-E985-DE11-9973-0019B9C2BEFD&mr:referralID=NA