I love chiropractic care. It's helps me so much when my hip goes out, or my neck, and to get rid of my migraines. When I was pregnant, both my last 2 boys were breech at 35 weeks, while chiropractic care (using the Webster technique), we were able to adjust my pelvis enough to give him enough room to flip head down. Highly reccommend using a chiropractor.

I have had ongoing lower back problems for over 12 years due to several things (athletics, poor posture, poor lifting technique etc...) and have received 2 types of Chiropractic care during that time.

The first was the conventional care that involves twisting, cracking and physical manipulation. I was active in this care for about 12 weeks. It was not for me. I actually felt worse after the treatments and continued to be sore more frequently than before treatments. I was asked to give it time and to continue for several months, to which I declined. I didn't like having my back adjusted and didn't like the table and all that goes with it.

The second type I received is Atlas Orthogonal care, which to this day I can't explain intelligently, but will provide a link so you can review the specifics. It is a gentler care in which there is no twisting, or cracking followed by therapy (heat, magnetics etc...). I really enjoyed this, but again it was a big commitment as this care is more of a long term treatment I guess. In the beginning I went 3 times a week and then after a few months I was able to tell when I needed to go as my body became aware of it.

I think Chiropractic care can produce extremely different results in each individual and what works for some does not work for others. I can say that the AO care worked better for me and I prefer it for me and my situation.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do and I'm sorry you have had to deal with back pain like that, as it is definitely tough to manage.

Link: http://www.atlasorthogonality.com/PatientSite/aboutAO.html

Well, NS just called and gave me the okay to go to the Chiropractor as long as I go to one of the only 2 in town he recommends. Thankfully 1 of them is who I was considering anyway and he accepts my insurance.

I hope you can get some relief back pain sucks.

Personally, I think they are fine within a certain limited realm. The trick is finding a good one, around here, there's on every street corner. I had a lot of lower back pain for many years which is an occupational hazard. A chiropractor I knew fixed me up in 2 visits, gave me some exercises to do and I am good to go now. There is no doubt they can do some serious damage, and in fact have been known to paralyze some people when operating outside their realm of expertise. I am glad you are going along with the advice of your neurosurgeon. I like a physician who is traditional but open minded. Best of luck with your situation.

Personally, I think they are fine within a certain limited realm. The trick is finding a good one, around here, there's on every street corner. I had a lot of lower back pain for many years which is an occupational hazard. A chiropractor I knew fixed me up in 2 visits, gave me some exercises to do and I am good to go now. There is no doubt they can do some serious damage, and in fact have been known to paralyze some people when operating outside their realm of expertise. I am glad you are going along with the advice of your neurosurgeon. I like a physician who is traditional but open minded. Best of luck with your situation.

I have an appointment with someone on Thursday who was recommended by both my MD and my neurosurgeon. I would be thrilled if I could get away with 2 visits and excercises to do at home. However, my life NEVER works out like that! Last weekend we were in Atlanta for a homeschool conference. For lunch on Friday there were 2 vendors: Chick-fil-A and Papa Johns. We had eaten Check-fil-A the day before so we opted for pizza. I told the family behind me I hoped they weren't starving because they would run out of pizza when it was my time to order. They asked me why I would say that and I informed them it was just the way things go for me. I am happy to say I was wrong. They ran out of pizza while the woman ahead of me was ordering! :rofl2: