What's Better Than Giant Oreo Cookies?

From the Disney Food blog...

Snack Series: Giant Oreo Cookie Sandwich

May 10th, 2011 by AJ. Every once in a while I come across something in Disney World that makes me do a double take. One example of this is the giant gummy bear in Epcot’s Germany, and another example is the giant Oreo cookie sandwich.

Giant-Oreos-500x190.jpgGiant Oreo Cookie Sandwich

So those are, indeed, massive Oreo cookies sandwiched around flavored cream (chocolate, peanut butter, mint, or vanilla). They even say Oreo on them! And they are truly large — probably about three inches across.

A lot of care goes into making these sandwiches, which are put together right in Disney World’s candy stores. Here’s one cast member putting together peanut butter-flavored cookie sandwiches at Goofy’s Candy Company.

making-giant-oreos-4-500x368.jpgMaking Giant Oreo Cookie Sandwiches

Now, the version I purchased in the Magic Kingdom happened to be dipped in chocolate:

oreo-from-above-500x393.jpgChocolate Dipped Giant Oreo Cookie Sandwich From Above

Take a moment and think about layering a quarter of an inch of milk chocolate onto a massive more-than-double-stuffed Oreo cookie. Sounds good, right? It was delicious! (Though it looks like Goofy’s Candy Company packs their sandwiches with a bit more filling!)

oreo-cross-section-500x333.jpgOreo Cross Section

Definitely sweet. Probably overly-sweet. So if you haven’t built up your sweet tolerance with things like the cheesecake brownie and the butterfinger cupcake, you might want to split this one with someone — or at least save part of it for later. icon_wink.gif

oreo-in-the-display-case-500x237.jpgGiant oreos and chocolate-covered giant oreos in Display Case

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/05/10/snack-series-giant-oreo-cookie-sandwich/#more-27971

I inherited an unhealthy love of the classic Oreo cookie and a cold glass of milk from my dad.

Therefore, I have to ask...

What have I ever done to you? :yourekillinme:

Why must you torture me like this???

I thought we were all family here, and you have to go and post crap like this while I'm stuck in Pennsylvania... :dmmhu:

For some reason, I'm now craving Oreos. :lol:

My family LOVES Oreo balls. Crush a package of Oreos or put them in a food processor. Mix with a room temperature 8 ounce package of cream cheese. Roll them into balls. (I use the medium size Pampered Chef Scoop.) Then dip them in Almond Bark, white chocolate or what I have found to be the easiest is Candy Quick. It comes in a handy paper tray that you heat it in. Then when you're finished, just throw the tray away. These things do not last 24 hours in our house!

I have never seen these GIANT Oreos at Disney, but I can assure you it is now on my list of things to do/eat for our trip in October!!

Oh the horror!!

funnysmiley14.gif

Gotta say, not a lot of commercial cookies do it for me except the good ol' Oreo.

As a kid it was a challenge to see how many double stuffs you could take apart and turn into one GIANT cookie.

Sometimes on Valentine's Day DH will still get me some white fudge covered Oreos. :heart:

And if you've never had a deep fried Oreo...

fainting.gif

Aw... you know I love ya!

:bighug:

After all, you're the reason I'm spending my nights and weekends poring over old Disney books and magazine scrounging content for FF2.0!

reading.gif?w=640

I just saw this. I let life get in the way of my FF addiction :rofl2: I know you love me, though why I'm not sure. If I had to read all that stuff I would going crazy about nowthumbnailCALF5N2J.jpg