Lately the boats going from the Fort to MK have been combining routes with the Wilderness Lodge boats. Yesterday there were new flags on the boats....take a look. We were told by a CM the combining was due to lower volume and fuel savings but when needed (like after parades/fireworks/at park closing) separate boat routes would be used. So when the routes are combined they used the combined green/red flag.

DSCN5314.jpg

DSCN5322.jpg

Thanks for the update!

As far as the bitching goes - WL guests pay a boodle of $$ for a room with the possibility of having bed bugs and getting germs left behind by previous guests. Campers pay a boodle of $$ for their camping equipment of choice with NO possibility of bed bugs. Non-campers just don't get it that camping is not a cheaper option. Most campers pay a lot for their camping equipment, pay for insurance, and the extra cost of gas in getting to your destination - not to mention the cost of the campsite. It's a different travel option - not a "poor white trash" option.

I hate hotels. I've payed big bucks for nice hotel rooms only to find hair & lint in the bathroom, questionably "clean" bedspreads, all kinds of crap under the beds, and uncomfortable beds & pillows. I'd much rather travel with my own dirt and DNA. When I stayed at Bally's in Vegas I was NOT impressed with the room. I was glad the company I worked for picked up the cost and not me.

Thanks for the update!

As far as the bitching goes - WL guests pay a boodle of $$ for a room with the possibility of having bed bugs and getting germs left behind by previous guests. Campers pay a boodle of $$ for their camping equipment of choice with NO possibility of bed bugs. Non-campers just don't get it that camping is not a cheaper option. Most campers pay a lot for their camping equipment, pay for insurance, and the extra cost of gas in getting to your destination - not to mention the cost of the campsite. It's a different travel option - not a "poor white trash" option.

I hate hotels. I've payed big bucks for nice hotel rooms only to find hair & lint in the bathroom, questionably "clean" bedspreads, all kinds of crap under the beds, and uncomfortable beds & pillows. I'd much rather travel with my own dirt and DNA. When I stayed at Bally's in Vegas I was NOT impressed with the room. I was glad the company I worked for picked up the cost and not me.

Its interesting the attitudes people aquire based on limited information. I would guess that many people that look down at "campers" probably wouldn't be able to afford to buy a nice diesel-pusher MH (of course neither can I right now.... ;) )

As far as the hotel rooms.... when I was in training for crime scene invests, they took us to a local hotel (not cheap either) and rented a freshly cleaned room for us to go in and use the "alternate light source" (UV and other frequencies). UGH!! The room lit up like the inside of the Rock and Roll roller coaster. Chairs, carpet, walls, and the "clean" sheets and pillows...

Have never willingly stayed in a hotel room since. Or for that matter, sat in a movie theater seat, but that was another class..... ;)

8)8)8)8)8)

Thanks for the update!

You are correct. And yet the thing is, even IF the Fort was inexpensive and there were people of very limited means staying there, I imagine most of us Fiends would gladly share a boat or bus with them and, "gasp"...maybe even talk to them! That is the true difference I think with many of the people that choose to camp and many (by no means all) of the people that stay in the moderate or deluxe hotels. I don't feel "above" anybody, nor do I feel "below" anyone. I don't value people based upon some social stratification of financial means. I value people based upon how they treat other people.

But I do have to admit...the thought of some snobby SOB getting bit up by bedbuds does bring a smile to my face. :rofl2:

Maybe we should bitch about them sitting next to us! I for one dont want there bed bugs to hitch a ride with me back to my camper!!! :banana:

Back to the topic though the flag looks like the old bus system flags. They were colored and striped