No Illness, No Injuries, Just A Great Trip!

Glad this year was without sickness or injury!!! Who said you weren't humorous? I was cracking up b/c we almost always have one or the other. Everthing from athsma attacks, broken collar bone, broken leg, conjunctivitis... our bedroom window fell out somewhere in Jacksonville, blowouts (tire and baby), bike rack fell over and dragged the bikes down the interstate causing severe fireworks and.... wait for it..... SWINE FLU!!!! :rofl2: We still have our fingers crossed that all goes well this year.

Great report and great photos! I thoroughly enjoyed it and finished reading in one sitting. ;)

CCI-

Welcome!

You made it here just on my heels.

It is great to see you here.

I remember you well from another discussion board- I enjoyed your last report on the D23 event.

Since you posted your whole report before I got a chance to comment, you will get all of my comments in one post.

I enjoyed your report thoroughly.

I will confine my comments to these ten:

1. You are a great writer!

2. You are an even better photographer!

3. I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your GAG. Every now and then, we have received tough chicken, too. But, recently it has always been good for us.

4. Great job on the Fantasyland expansion photos. I find this one to be very intriguing:

Freno4.jpg

When I first looked at it, it didn't dawn on me that there is another castle going in back there.

Wow.

I didn't know that.

And, I have been at the MK as recently as April.

Interesting.

5. That is crazy about your flooded site. I have seen this happen before. When they install new plants, they hook irrigation lines up to the campsite water supplies. And, then they have a castmember come around and manually turn them on and off. I think campers sometimes accidentally turn these on. I had one of these black hoses running next to my site all day once. I shut it off myself. It seems like they waste an awful lot of water with this set up. And it looks bad, too.

6. Great job on the Native American photo. Not only did the Fort lose Musket Mickey, but it also lost all of its totem poles. It is odd indeed that there are still two native American statues in the MK.

7. Good for you seeing the Country Bears! I forced my kids to see it recently. They still haven't forgiven me for that.

8. Great shot of the Southern Smothered Hot Dog!

9. You did great photographing the Magic, Memories and You show. I have only seen it a couple of times, but I liked it much more than I thought I would.

10. I hope to see more of your posts here!

TCD

Funny thing happened with one of those black hoses on our last trip, I was setting up our Halloween decorations in the dark and drove a couple spikes. for our mickey lamp posts into the ground, one sounded funny, but I didn't see anything. The next day when the CM turned on the sprinklers in our section, we had a really nice water fountain right outside our door.... ooops LOL

Being the ever prepared boy scout leader that I am, I turned the water off, pulled the buried line up, luckily I spiked it about 4 feet from the end cap, I snipped it off, pulled the end cap off, and put it on the shorter piece, reburied it and turned the water back on..... I didn't see a thing and that is my story and I am sticking too it.... LOL

Enjoyed your report and pics! So glad your trip was uneventful.

I think my favorite picture was the night picture of the settlement sign - very cool!

We went to CP last year for lunch - DD was really into Pooh back then - we found it very good too. I thought the variety at lunch was very nice - loads of salads, plus some fish and prime rib, among many other things. We are planning a repeat trip, but we also have a 3yo who loves the characters!!!

Wow! So many compliments from TCD, the king of trip reports! I am humbled. TY, TY!

Great to see you here too! I do love your trip reports, and yes, you are a great photographer. I'd like to take lessons :dance:

Your low-light shots were especially awesome. What kind of camera do you use.

Nice to see you.

Great to see you here too! I do love your trip reports, and yes, you are a great photographer. I'd like to take lessons :dance:

Your low-light shots were especially awesome. What kind of camera do you use.

Nice to see you.

Hey, Mikmouse! So glad you're here! Thanks for the compliments, although I don't think I deserve such praise. I use a Nikon P7000. Bought it just before the trip and am still learning to use it.