Has anyone stayed here?

It looks nice on their website. They have bike/hiking trails, a museum, historic village, river access, etc. I was thinking about taking off 2 days early for our Thanksgiving trip to the Fort and spending them here. It's only $24 a night for a site. I may even buy a couple of kayaks and throw them in the toyhauler. I could see myself biking and paddling a few days here.

http://floridastateparks.org/silverriver/default.cfm

Has anyone stayed here?

It looks nice on their website. They have bike/hiking trails, a museum, historic village, river access, etc. I was thinking about taking off 2 days early for our Thanksgiving trip to the Fort and spending them here. It's only $24 a night for a site. I may even buy a couple of kayaks and throw them in the toyhauler. I could see myself biking and paddling a few days here.

http://floridastatep...ver/default.cfm

It's one of my favorite State Parks. Have camped there since it opened and have gotten to know some of the rangers and campground hosts over the years. Great people. Usually, the trails in the woods aren't crowded at all. I've walked the woods for most of a day and haven't seen another soul. I've seen deer, hogs, turkeys, gopher tortoise, coachwhip snakes, southern ring neck snakes, too many species of birds to count, and other assorted wildlife, (two legged also).:)) If you camp there, make sure you take both trails to the river. Each has its' own character. Biking and paddling there are "the things to do". Also, if you are into geocaching, there are a couple of caches in the park. If you do go and enjoy yourself, don't tell everybody (except a TR on this site).:rofl2: During the fall, winter, and spring, it's almost impossible to get a site thanks to our northern visitors.

Thanks for the info. I do plan on mtb'ing on the trails. Hopefully, we will have 2 kayaks by then to explore the river.

Hey IDWD, are you planning on buying kayaks anyway or just for this trip? I have a nice 14' Pelican 2 person sit in that you can borrow. I'm down that way 4 wheeling I can drop it off. Let me know.

Hey IDWD, are you planning on buying kayaks anyway or just for this trip? I have a nice 14' Pelican 2 person sit in that you can borrow. I'm down that way 4 wheeling I can drop it off. Let me know.

Wow....that is a very generous offer. I do want to buy some for future trips. I have been looking at the Pelican Apex 100. I was wanting to keep them at 10' or under so they will fit in the garage of the TH. I've been checking Craigslist hoping to save some $$$. I may take you up on that offer if we don't have them by then. I could haul it back to the Fort later in the week, if needed.

Wow....that is a very generous offer. I do want to buy some for future trips. I have been looking at the Pelican Apex 100. I was wanting to keep them at 10' or under so they will fit in the garage of the TH. I've been checking Craigslist hoping to save some $$$. I may take you up on that offer if we don't have them by then. I could haul it back to the Fort later in the week, if needed.

I'll be there Thanksgiving Weekend as you know so that will work.

I like the looks of a lot of the State Parks here in Florida. I just wish more of them had full hook-ups. Most of them have power & water, but no sewer connection (although they do have dump stations). For a short stay that would be ok, but with the price of gas it isn't feasible to tow anywhere for a 'short stay'.

We are staying here in October with my popup camping group. There are about 30 popup campers going. It should be fun. It looks like a great park. Look at Salt Springs Campground also. We stayed there last October. It is in the Ocala National Forest. It has cement pads and full hook-ups. Really nice campground.

• 8 months later...

Yeah it is at least 10. It's an easy drive. I pulled our 5'er in without any problem. The CG has good roads, and is plenty easy to navigate. We had a huge pull through site that was very nice.

Take a hike while you're there. I did the mtn bike trails too. The back country is very pretty. Although, I would carry pepper spray. I saw plenty of wild hog sign, and there are bears in the area.