Devores Weekend Away

Nice! I've never seen the torch lighting either. Any man that has dessert BEFORE dinner, is a good man, in my book. :jumpforjoy

"blowing in a conch shell" :laugh:

Thank you, sometimes you just have to throw caution to the wind and splurge.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, who knew 1300 was the Fort's own red light district? Like our very own "Down"-town Disney. Maybe it should be renamed Humdinger Hollow. :rofl2:

Great job on this report!!!

Devores earned his TCD Junior Deputy Badge last year.

And this report proves it was well deserved!

Yes, the path you tried to follow by the cabin is part of the old Wilderness Swamp Trail. There used to be a path that branched off to the left, which led to the boardwalk. The path that you walked down was the alternate path that led to the other end of the boardwalk.

You showed me something new in these photos:

I didn't know that there was pavement installed around one of the firepits at the campfire.

The last time I visited the campfire area, which was in March, we used the firepit shown in your second photo, above. This is how both firepits used to look. But, clearly, one of them no longer has the wood railing around it, and it looks like there is a circle paved around it. Maybe to make it accessible for special needs visitors? I don't know when this was done, and maybe it was already done when we visited in March, but this is new! And so is the lid!

TCD

Im not sure when they added the concrete around the fire pit either. Thinking back, I never noticed it before. Ill have to peruse my older pics and see if we can determine a date as to when.

There was a path to left as well, but it only went a little bit before it was too overgrown to manage. The one that went to the right (the one I followed) was more manageable. I guess you can say I took the path more traveled. I did not even know this existed much less it used to be a regular part of the Fort. I hate that they took away allot of this. This would have been great to follow all the way to the boardwalk.