newbie Memorial day question @ the fort

Hey everybody, new to fort fiends and this is my first post so here it goes; We have been to Disney many times and at various times. However next May we are planning our first FW trip. We are looking at coming in on the day before Memorial day (Sun). Now I expect Memorial day to be crazy, but how would everyone say the remainder of the week is. Thankies

Hey everybody, new to fort fiends and this is my first post so here it goes; We have been to Disney many times and at various times. However next May we are planning our first FW trip. We are looking at coming in on the day before Memorial day (Sun). Now I expect Memorial day to be crazy, but how would everyone say the remainder of the week is. Thankies

I'm no use to you at all as far as your question goes, but I just wanted to say welcome.

I'm sure someone that does have a clue will be along shortly.

First of BEARSWING_WELCOMEANIM-vi.gif Lizzy, you are going to love it here.

I have not been to the Fort over Memorial but there are a couple of trip reports here that should give you a pretty good idea. I know someone will stop by and answer any questions you have :banana:

First of BEARSWING_WELCOMEANIM-vi.gif Lizzy, you are going to love it here.

I have not been to the Fort over Memorial but there are a couple of trip reports here that should give you a pretty good idea. I know someone will stop by and answer any questions you have :banana:

Thank you for the "Hello", I think I will probably become an addict. :dance:

Once the holiday is over, you will have a wonderful time.

However,

You need to make sure you are prepared for the yellow flies. If you are susceptible to mosquito bites, find the yellow fly thread here on the public discussion board and it will give you suggestions on what to bring to combat them. They leave nasty welts on me and that is why we won't go on Memorial Day Weekend anymore. This is also one of the reasons the Fiends have a major grand gathering in another location that weekend as well. Check the grand gathering thread and trip reports to see what I mean.

And finally, welcome to Snarkiville! You are going to love it here! :)

Welcome to the forum Lizzy!! We do an annual Memorial Day trip for the last 20 years. Saturday and Sunday are a mad house at the fort and the parks, but the days before and after are pretty quiet.

Last year the yellow flies were horrible!! This year we only saw a couple, though I hear they have gotten worse in the last few weeks.

If you go to the trip report section you can read my trip report: Memorial Day Madness at the fort. Hope to see you there next year!