Magic Kingdom's Firehouse Gift Station closing for refurb

From WDW Magic...

[quote Magic Kingdom's Firehouse Gift Station closing on July 10

Jun 13, 2011

The Magic Kingdom's Fire House Gift Station will be closed from July 10 2011. No changes to the exterior will be made, but the interior space is set to be repurposed, although it is not yet confirmed if this will be another shop or used for something else.]

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Shopping/Firehouse-Gift-Station/News/13Jun2011-Magic-Kingdom%27s-Firehouse-Gift-Station-closing-on-July-10.htm

A liitle more on the Firehouse closing.

Guests will still be able to bring patches from their local firehouses for display at the firehouse when it reopens. Until then, guests will be able to take their patches to the City Hall.

Products featured at the Firehouse will be available at the Emporium.

The penny press and engraving machines currently at the Firehouse will not be relocated.

A liitle more on the Firehouse closing.

Guests will still be able to bring patches from their local firehouses for display at the firehouse when it reopens. Until then, guests will be able to take their patches to the City Hall.

Products featured at the Firehouse will be available at the Emporium.

The penny press and engraving machines currently at the Firehouse will not be relocated.

Thanks, Lou. I had seen that as part of the other article, but I hope they will use the firehouse for something else and keep up the patch display. That is always a treat, being able to go in and see if I can spot any familiar patches when I visit!

• 1 month later...

Disney needs to return the Fire House Gift Store to it's original state.. a Fire House Gift Store,, restock it with the firefighter merchandise that it used to have in the late 90's.. staff shirts, t-shirts, etc.. Restore it to what it is.. A FIRE HOUSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!