Where do you stop on your way to the Fort from New England?

I'm leaving from South Jersey, and I just plan on driving as far as I can the first day and find a hotel. We are towing the pop up, so it's more of a pain to get going in the morning. On the way home however I plan on stopping at our condo in Myrtle Beach. South of the Border has a decent little campground to stop at, so I 've read.

Best Regards,

Norm

We leave from Delaware and we have used Yogi Bear in Emporium Va.( close railroad tracks), Carolina RV Resort in Roanoke Rapids, Bass lake Dillon SC & South of the Border and also Green Acres in Walterboro SC all close to 95 and all goreat for an overnite stop.

We coming from MA the last two times we have done it in two stops. Would have been one last time but had to replace all four tires at the last minute.

Anyways we found we like the ones below & they are both right off the highway. There are some others that are ok but I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

New Green Acres RV Park in Walterboro, SC which is exit 53 off I-95. New Green Acres RV Park

Lake Harmony RV Park in Townsend, GA which is exit 58 of I-95. Lake Harmony

We leave from Delaware and we have used Yogi Bear in Emporium Va.( close railroad tracks), Carolina RV Resort in Roanoke Rapids, Bass lake Dillon SC & South of the Border and also Green Acres in Walterboro SC all close to 95 and all goreat for an overnite stop.

We like Green Acres in Walterboro SC too - huge pull thru sites under tall pines. It's a great spot to overnight! Exit 53, just west of I-95

It's a regular stop for us, both southbound and northbound.

We leave from Delaware and we have used Yogi Bear in Emporium Va.( close railroad tracks).

oh those damn railroad tracks. I still dread the thought of that place & trains every 45 minutes :argh: Never stay there if you have little ones who are light sleepers. Oh those railroad tracks :argh: :argh: :argh:

Let's see, Manchester airport to Orlando airport, no stops.

Drove it once, never ever again.

I tried to get them to check the TT along with my baggage... apparently southwest's free baggage policy isn't nearly as lienent as they advertise... :rofl2:

I tried to get them to check the TT along with my baggage... apparently southwest's free baggage policy isn't nearly as lienent as they advertise... :rofl2:

That's funny right there :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

New Green Acres is the place to be. Nice shady pull thru spots, clean rest rooms. Not a vacation destination, but a great overnight spot and inexpensive, although not a cheap as Walmart's parking lot.

New Green Acres is the place to be. Nice shady pull thru spots, clean rest rooms. Not a vacation destination, but a great overnight spot and inexpensive, although not a cheap as Walmart's parking lot.

This is our favorite place for an overnite stop. It's also home to my worst experience I've ever had while camping & it has nothing to do with the CG.

I bet they still have to climb the telephone pole to answer the phone, and you can get supplies at Sam Drucker's store also. :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Alf and Ralph are working on that.