Easterly route through Jacksonville

Good Morning Guys!!

As you may have read in the upcoming trips section, me and my daughter are traveling down this Saturday to the Fort from NC. She and her dance school are performing in the 3:00 parade at MK on Friday, the 24th.

It seems that I read somewhere, and can't remember where, that there is a new easterly route around Jacksonville. In the past, depending on the construction around JAX, we have gambled whether to go through on 95 or around on the bypass in the westerly direction.... Did I dream this, or is there a "new" way around JAX. If so, what is the exit number that I need to take.

Thanks in advance for the info!

Duane

That would be 9A. It cuts off 95 about the same time the western bypass does. I have used 9A for the last few years and it is great.

Per Google maps, it is EXIT 362B heading south.

We took the new on ramp this past Feb heading down in the RV and it was alot smoother than the old clover leaf entrance ramp.

9A was suppose to be renamed to I-295 but I think there was a hold up.

The only issue I have with 9A is the bridge over the river/intercoastal since I don't enjoy heights. But that is why hubby drives that leg of the trip. :rofl2:

We took I-95 thru JAX heading north and it didn't seem as bad as I remembered. Much less construction going on at least. It appears they took that bad/sharp turn on 95 heading south out. Much needed. :siren:

Edited to include EXIT, made sense to me when originally typing but I am warped. Oops/Sorry/Rut Rho

Per Google maps, it is 362B heading south.

We took the new on ramp this past Feb heading down in the RV and it was alot smoother than the old clover leaf entrance ramp.

9A was suppose to be renamed to I-295 but I think there was a hold up.

The only issue I have with 9A is the bridge over the river/intercoastal since I don't enjoy heights. But that is why hubby drives that leg of the trip. :rofl2:

We took I-95 thru JAX heading north and it didn't seem as bad as I remembered. Much less construction going on at least. It appears they took that bad/sharp turn on 95 heading south out. Much needed. :siren:

I was just on Google maps because I thought I might be wrong, but where the heck is 362B? Can't see it anywhere, and 295 is still 295 and the western bypass. Looks like the eastern loop is still 9A.

We use 9A every trip. Shorter than I-295 and much prettier! A great view of the harbor from the bridge!

Bypasses all the construction and saves time compared to 295.

It leaves I-95 at the same interchange as I-295 does, at both the north and south ends.

Give it a try, it's a great route.

I was just on Google maps because I thought I might be wrong, but where the heck is 362B? Can't see it anywhere, and 295 is still 295 and the western bypass. Looks like the eastern loop is still 9A.

I edited/corrected to include the word, EXIT.

Okay guys, Just so I understand it correctly.... For me going TO the Fort from NC, I am basically taking 295 in a clockwise (inner loop, etc, or whatever the designation is) direction around JAX, instead of 295 clockwise (outerloop), like I used to take.... In other words, its the same loop, same highway number around JAX, just around the other side....

Heck, I might just stop in JAX and commute to the Fort each day.... :rofl2:

Thanks again for the clarification!

As far as I know, it is still 9A. If Donnie is on, he will be able to confirm this. I believe the 295 designation would still be the western or counterclockwise route.

Unless I'm wrong I've been driing 9A for awhile now. Isn't that just the eastern loop? I don't appreciate the finer points of high bridges myself and usually end up with white knuckles by the time there's solid ground below me again.

We've never taken the TT to wdw but, around here, we get high wind warnings on the bridges all the time. I'm guessing FL must too but it never occurred to me until now. ewwwww... that's all I'd need to drive DH completely crazy on the final leg of the trip... :unsure:

Unless I'm wrong I've been driing 9A for awhile now. I don't appreciate the finer points of high bridges myself and usually end up with white knuckles by the time there's solid ground below me again.

We've never taken the TT to wdw but, around here, we get high wind warnings on the bridges all the time. I'm guessing FL must too but it never occurred to me until now. ewwwww... that's all I'd need to drive DH completely crazy on the final leg of the trip... :unsure:

I just get into the middle lane and hope for the best.

I just get into the middle lane and hope for the best.

:rofl2: Me too! A few weeks ago, I was coming up 95 from DC and there were all kind of warning signs about high winds on the key bridge... one even said "warning high winds - no empty house trailers on bridge" I was like "duh, ya think?" :rofl2:

If I'm gonna get blown off the bridge, I hope it's on the way home from FW. It would bite if it happened on the way down.