From the Disney Food blog. I can attest to the deliciousness of Puck's and the CCC at Hollywood Studios. Mmmmmm...

Anyone else want to weigh in? (no pun intended - and no Lou, I'm not gonna cut it out!)

Disney Carrot Cake Review

Jun 15th, 2011 by AJ. Every once in a while I get an idea for a particular post that I can’t wait to write, and this is one of those! CAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!! Cream cheese FROOOOOOOOOSSSSSSTINGGGGG!! (For those of you who are getting tired of my frosting obsession, my apologies. Sometimes a little too much of it can sneak its way into the blog.) Anyway, carrot cake is one of my favorite desserts — all those healthy carrots — it’s the perfect way to end a meal! Or begin a meal. Or have a meal…

Carrot-Cake-Cookie-close-up-500x333.jpg

Carrot Cake Cookie Close-Up So, I’ve been compiling data for this post for a long time, and I’m ready to share what I think are the best Disney options for carrot cake lovers like me! I hope you’ll share in the comments what your favorites are — and if I missed any, I’d love to know about it (more research is always good)!

Here are my reviews, from best to worst!

Goofy’s Candy Company Carrot Cake Cookie

Goofy’s Candy Company is more often known for its make-your-own confectionery creations, but every once in a while you’ll find a hidden gem in the bakery case of this Downtown Disney mainstay. Plus, the wonderful staff here is more than enough draw to stop by and pick up a sugary treat.

I saw this new Carrot Cake Cookie at Goofy’s and then saw it again at the Main Street Confectionery in the Magic Kingdom, so I think you can get this bad boy in several different locations.

Carrot-Cake-Cookie-500x333.jpg

Another Carrot Cake Cookie Which is great news, since it’s incredible! The heft and build of the cookie reminds me of the German Chocolate Cookie, which is found in multiple locations as well, making me think they’re created by the same kitchen.

I didn’t have high hopes for this snack when I first saw it; I figured it’d be dry and hard or — even worse — soggy! It was none of those things. It was heavy, yes, but very moist and packed with yummy add-ins like plump, juicy raisins. The taste of the cookie itself was great — and if I’m willing to enjoy a version of carrot cake without the icing, that’s saying something! It would easily have been a satisfying treat without the piles of cream cheese frosting swirled on the top, but the addition of that rich icing made it one of the best snacks I’ve had on Disney property.

carrot-cake-cookie-inside-500x333.jpgCarrot Cake Cookie Cross-Section

Wolfgang Puck Cafe Classic Carrot Cake

Diners seek out gourmet cuisine at the Wolfgang Puck Cafe located in Downtown Disney’s West Side. In the first floor Grand Cafe, you’re met with Zack-Morris-esque designs and colors and a bustling atmosphere.

We’ve got a review of this place coming up, and while my dinner was fine, it was the dessert that made me want to come back again and again. The carrot cake here is…inspired! Super-moist cake (they must be back there basting it with sugar syrup or something); thick, rich frosting; and a great presentation. I like cupcakes, but I’m a sucker for a good old-fashioned slab of cake!

wolfgang-puck-carrot-cake.jpg

Wilderness Lodge’s Carrot Cake Cupcake

When guest author Michael S. found this cupcake at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and reviewed it for us, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on one (sometimes not living in Orlando can be a real problem).

I wasn’t sure what to expect (other carrot cake cupcakes hadn’t turned out all that well recently), but this thing is over-the-top amazing. That swirl of frosting on top? Not at all gritty. It’s smooth, unbelievably creamy, and still extremely thick. Whoever makes that frosting has a gift…a GIFT! The cake wasn’t filled with goodies, but it was moist and definitely had good flavor.

carrot-cake-cupcake-roaring-fork-336x400.jpg

Wilderness Lodge Carrot Cake Cupcake

cross-section-carrot-cake-cupcake-367x550.jpg

Wilderness Lodge Carrot Cake Cupcake Cross Section

Writer’s Stop Carrot Cake Cookie

It’s easy to pass by the Writer’s Stop in Disney’s Hollywood Studios as the more prominent Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater is next door and Toy Story Mania is just down the street and around the corner.

But take a moment to drop by and you’ll discover a quaint bookstore-style hang-out offering pub tables and cozy chairs in front of a black and white TV playing cartoons! This coffee shop serves barista-style brew too, and the bakery case is always full of goodies.

The original Carrot Cake Cookie is a massive confection: two soft cake cookies sandwich a thick layer of cream cheese icing. (Those New Englanders who know whoopie pies will understand this dessert immediately.) The frosting is phenomenal, but the cake itself — springy instead of moist, and devoid of extras like nuts and raisins — is the downfall of this snack. That said, I still think it’s a contender for its sheer size and frosting quota!

carrot-cake-cookie.jpgCarrot Cake Cookie

Main Street Bakery Carrot Cake

While it offers breakfast items and light sandwiches, the Main Street Bakery never fails to tempt with homemade treats in a turn-of-the-century building. The aromas waft out to the street capturing the interest of guests heading in (or out) of the Magic Kingdom.

In this case, I was extremely excited to see a piece of carrot cake in the pastry case, ready for the taking! I snatched it up and headed for a table!

Sadly, this wasn’t as fabulous as it looks. You’d think it’d be moist and flavorful, wouldn’t you? But no, it’s pretty tasteless, actually. And the frosting is the same gritty concoction found on the Confectionery Carrot Cake Cupcake below. While this one’s not horrible, it certainly wasn’t my favorite snack. There’s just no Wow factor here. They do get points for the three layers, though! More layers = more frosting.

carrot-cake-Bakery-500x333.jpg

Main Street Bakery Carrot Cake

Confectionery Carrot Cake Cupcake

Stepping into the Main Street Confectionery in the Magic Kingdom, your senses will be overwhelmed with the sweet aromas of candy as you browse the turn-of-the-century shop. A closer look will also unveil a display of freshly prepared, old-fashioned baked goods.

I was thrilled to find this carrot cake cupcake on display in May, and I couldn’t wait to sit down and sample it. Sadly, I wish I had waited. This is clearly from the line of the pink and blue cupcakes and offers relatively tasteless cake and gritty, too-sugary frosting. I actually had to taste the frosting twice to convince myself it was supposed to be cream cheese flavored. I’d best describe this as a larger version of the counter-service carrot cake dessert.

This one’s not your best bet. If there’s a carrot cake cookie of any kind nearby, skip this cupcake and move on to the good stuff. Then again, if you just need a frosting fix and you need it now, this could easily fit the bill.

carrot-cake-cupcake-367x550.jpg

Confectionery Carrot Cake Cupcake

Overall

So there you have it, ladies and gentlemen! My most favorite and least favorite carrot cake options in the World. I can’t wait to hear your feedback, your ideas for new carrot cake options I need to try, and your suggestions for Best Disney Carrot Cake! (Surely I’ve forgotten a few!)

Couldn't be more wrong with the cookie evaluation from the writers stop.

It would appear that the most important thing to the person who wrote the review was the amount and consistancy of the frosting.

Not wishing to start a rush to the Writer's Stop, since this is a small out of the way shop and a place I like to hide out in, but I personally like the carrot cake cookie here. It is large enough for two to share, and it is moist and flavorful regardless of the frosting. In fact, if I had a complaint it would be that there is a little too much frosting for me.

Not wishing to start a rush to the Writer's Stop, since this is a small out of the way shop and a place I like to hide out in, but I personally like the carrot cake cookie here. It is large enough for two to share, and it is moist and flavorful regardless of the frosting. In fact, if I had a complaint it would be that there is a little too much frosting for me.

Agree 100%!

I do love me some frosting, but frosting alone does not a great carrot cake make.

Writer's Stop has become a regular stop for us (pun intended). They also have some comfy couches inside, books to peruse, and decent coffee.

The rest of their bakery selection is pretty delicious too!

I haven't had WP carrot cake in a couple of years but the last time we were on the DDP we ended up with a bunch of it in the fridge - made for some pretty delicious breakfast!!

I've had the carrot cake cookie from Writers Stop. Now you gotta know that I'm a frosting junkie but, this was too much frosting even for me. The Main Street Bakery carrot cake has the perfect ratio of frosting to cake!

Think I need to make a point of trying all the carrot cakes/cookies mentioned in this thread. It will be my "quest"! cute-pig-smiley-036.jpg