When I book my campsite this week, it will need to be in a pet loop because my parents have their dog. If I ask to be beside them in the loop, will they charge me that extra $5?

No, you only get charged if you actually have a pet. There are many non pet owners in pet loops.

Send me 4 bucks for every day you will be there and I will make sure everybody leaves you alone. I am in tight with Bobby, you know.

I did online check in this trip and it did not ask about a pet so maybe I won't have to pay? I usually don't offer that I have a 5lb. rodent at check in unless asked and sometimes they don't ask.

My cats are my kids, not my pets. I never tell them I have pets. You may use that line, Steve.

I once took my Beta Fish to the Fort. I put its vase/home in a box and padded around the vase/home with crumpled newspaper & put the whole thing on the front seat of my Explorer. The CM checking me in asked what I had in the box. I replied, "Dinner!"

You can get creative and still tell the truth.