Two Day Disney Extravaganza - Lotsa Bang for the Buck!!!!!

Some folks think Free Dining is the end all in great deals, but I found a deal that beats this hands down, and it is offered ALL of the time.

Ever heard of Disney's Premium Plan or Disney's Platinum Plan??  Those plans have all the meals included, lots of tours included, LaNouba is included and the list goes on and on!!!

Premium Package Details: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2011Premium.pdf

Platinum Package Details: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2011Platinum.pdf

Now obviously, the intent is to book the package for an entire week. With a week on this package, a family cannot possibly get their money?s worth and visit the parks also.

However, for Disney veterans that want to add something special to their trip there is a way to get a huge, albeit tiring bang for their buck!!!

The key is to book the Premium Plan or the Platinum Plan for just one night!!

Disney counts your stay as from the time you check in until midnight of the day you check out.  So for a one-night premium plan, you get two full business days of unlimited tours, 3 Premium meals, and a ticket to LaNouba!!

Only a 1-day ticket purchase is required, so if you have annual passes, then just put that ticket away for future use.

The Premium Plan can be booked at ANY level of resort INCLUDING THE CAMPGROUND.

To be really effective, this needs to be done in the middle of your trip.  Room only in the beginning, Premium Plan in the middle, then switch back to room only.  Book the same level of room/campsite for all, so you don?t have to move.

Although I didn?t get to do this, because my trip was cancelled, here is how I was going to address my 1-night Premium Plan.

I would arrive at my campsite late one night after driving on a Friday with a 3-night room only reservation.

Saturday, set up camp.

Sunday, chill around the campground.

Monday, Premium Plan reservation starts.

6:00 am - Arrive at Outpost for package elements and new KTTW

7:00 am - Bus to Epcot (If bus is not there by 7:05, take taxi to Epcot)

7:45 am - Epcot Segway Tour

10:00 am - Bus to Animal Kingdom

(Single Rider Line on Everest)

11:45 am - Lunch at Tusker House

12:45 pm - Backstage Safari (3 hours)

4:30 ? Free Round of Mini Golf

9:30 pm - Hoop De Doo

Tuesday

6:45 boat to Contemporary or WL, use snack credits for breakfast.

7:45 - walk or boat to Magic Kingdom

8:30 - Keys to the Kingdom

1:30 - Walk to Contemporary

2:00 - 3:30 Sammy Duvall - Parasailing, JetSki, Water Mice

3:30- Boat to Campground - Change Clothes

4:00 Drop by Outpost and pick up new room key for the rest of my room only reservation (package elements are still good though on previous card)

4:30- Bus to DTD

6:00 - LaNouba

7:40 - Fulton's Crab House

8:40 - Bus to Yacht/Beach area, walk to Epcot

9:30 - Illuminations Special viewing area

My total cost for all of this:$313.73 (for one person, based on 2011 pricing). That included a campsite I was going to be paying for anyway, a 1-day ticket, that I was going to use to upgrade to an annual pass.

The al a cart price for all of this if I had booked separately ? at least 800.00

So how?s that for a discount!!

This is only one sample itinerary.  Take a look at what is included, book early, and time out your favorites taking into account transportation. (For example, I know one family that would book three or four fishing tours per day )

Yes, this is tiring.  It is NOT for amateurs that have never visited the parks.

I would not recommend this for families with young children.

You also have to know Disney pretty well, know the transportation system, or have your own vehicle.

I also mentioned the Platinum Plan.  This is also a great deal and offers some additional tours & Victoria & Alberts, BUT you have to stay in a premium resort for one night at rack rate.  That is a deal buster for me, but many others love the premium resorts.

By the way, the best person to help you book this is!!

Rhonda, our very own Roz!!  [email protected]

I never heard of this before - really incredible.  Do you think a couple could get the same bang for their buck out of the program?  This would be an amazing thing for my husband and I to do together.  We could send my kids to my parents RV - put the Dog in the kennel overnight and do all the tours Ive ever wanted to do.  Thanks for the heads up!

I never heard of this before - really incredible.  Do you think a couple could get the same bang for their buck out of the program?  This would be an amazing thing for my husband and I to do together.  We could send my kids to my parents RV - put the Dog in the kennel overnight and do all the tours Ive ever wanted to do.  Thanks for the heads up!

Yes!  I had a couple that did this last year - and they had a great time!!  They were exhausted by the end of the second day, but then got to relax for a few days afterwards!  LOL

We did this on our December trip!! Wow!! We were tired, but it was awesome!! I would definitely recommend resting up the day before and planning on sleeping in the day after! For our 2 days (1 nite Platinum plan) we did all this:

FW Segway tour

Swedish Massage at the GF

Portrait package

V & A's

Wishes Cruise (didn't make this it was FREEZING and eventhough concierge said we had time, it would have been too close to make it!)

Room Service Breakfast

Epcot ATW segway tour

Aqua Seas Tour

Fulton's

Cirque

Photopass CD

I think we got our money's worth! :) $220 each and a 1-day ticket which I gave to my x-sis-in-law, DM and DB used theirs to upgrade their season passes to AP's and DS will use his to renew his AP. V & A's is 125 each, so I'm sure we got at least $95 worth out of all the other things! We are planning on doing a 1-nite premium plan on one of our trips this year!

It is costly to stay at the Deluxe, but we have tried to stay at all the resorts and this gave us one nite at the Grand Floridian. Which does bring up an important point that Whip brought up:  DON'T PLAN ON CHANGING RESORTS!!! It is the one thing we did that made it really more difficul on us than it needed to be, but other than that..AWESOME!!!

A pic from the Portrait package after dinner at V & A's

165386_140340219356632_100001419647492_254375_5049430_n.jpg

Heck yeah y'all could! Our group was my Mama 76, brother 57, son 24, my lil cousin who is 30. We all loved the massage and needed it by the time we got it! You can do all kinds of water activities, but it was WAY TOO COLD for that when we went!

We tried to go ahead and knock out V & A, the massage and Aqua Seas this time with the Platinum package because you have to stay in a deluxe. We are gonna do the premium at the Fort and do the HDDR and some of the activities there. My brother and I want to do the Keys to the kingdom. Mama just wants to eat!

Y'all definitely need to try it! It would be a great "date night!"

• 1 month later...

I really want to try this!

I will be glad to answer any questions and I believe Rhonda would be happy to help you set it up! It was awesome, tiring, but awesome!

I'm thinking we would really enjoy some of the tours and eating!  Thanks I'll be asking lots of questions!

I am in love with this idea and my wheels are spinning.  Any volunteers to watch 5 kids.....LOL!  Hope it is still around in a couple of years, love the idea for our 20th anniversay.

In the spirit of Fiendship, if I am down there when you are, I would not mind watchinig your kids for you to have time with your hubby. I'm sure my Mama and I could keep them entertained! You would have to keep them for the night though.

I am in love with this idea and my wheels are spinning.  Any volunteers to watch 5 kids.....LOL!  Hope it is still around in a couple of years, love the idea for our 20th anniversay.

In the spirit of Fiendship, if I am down there when you are, I would not mind watchinig your kids for you to have time with your hubby. I'm sure my Mama and I could keep them entertained! You would have to keep them for the night though.

Thanks...so sweet.  We would leave them home with my in laws, not my first choice but....  I already ran the idea by DH this morning.  I think I was dreaming about it last night.  I have always wanted to do the Keys to the World Tour, Matt not so much.  He's afraid it would spoil the Magic. We'll see.