Here are a couple pictures from our recent trip to Knoebel's on June 29-July1. We go during the week to get away from the weekend crowds and had a great site on Kentucky Ave. This is actually a little pull through site that I scoped out last year when we were tenting. It is catty corner form the bathrooms and since it was during the week, there were spots in between campers, so you had a little room to breathe. Weekends on the other hand are packed and crazy. The park itself was great crowd wise. Everything was basically walk on and ride for the kids and the coasters were the same way. This trip we actually just brought cereal for breakfast and ate all our meals in the parks. The food there is great and inexpensive and you can find everything from spaghetti to pickles on a stick. I definitely recommend going to the amusement park even if you don't stay at the campground next to the park. There is also J&D, Lake Glory and I eard about another place called Splash Magic which is about 15 minutes away that I heard was great. I know there are people on here that go there and can attest to this park.

0N5DUl.jpg

UxJEpl.jpg

Best Regards,

Norm

Awesome report, the girls are adorable and I was just admiring your wooden sign with your names. I'd love one of those however with my family, I'd have to hang it from the top of a tree to keep it off the ground.. 5 kids, 2 adults and our fur baby.. makes for one long sign! :rofl2:

I agree. Priceless!

Norm-

Thanks for sharing the report. Where is this theme park that has food that is inexpensive and good? I have never heard of such a place.

TCD

TCD,

You got to get out of Florida. It is in a small town in PA outside of Bloomsburg. My wife has been going there with her family since she was little and now we go every year. The inexpensive and good food is nothing. There is also free parking, and there is no admission. You pay for rides by the ticket or you can get an arm band. If you don't do any rides and walk around, than you pay nothing. Unbelievable so far? They also allow dogs in the park, and they have free entertainment roaming around. Taylor Swift actually starrted here, and I actually think I remember seeing her. Most of the rides were once somewhere else and purchased by the Knoebel's family and refurbished. Here's the website for those interested. knoebels.com It's a great family place, so if your ever in the area you need to stop by. Definitely worth the price of admission.

Best Regards,

Norm

Awesome report, the girls are adorable and I was just admiring your wooden sign with your names. I'd love one of those however with my family, I'd have to hang it from the top of a tree to keep it off the ground.. 5 kids, 2 adults and our fur baby.. makes for one long sign! :rofl2:

We got the sign last year when we were here. There is actually another name underneath for when my mom camps with us. It says "Granny". I have velcro on both sides and fold it up when she isn't with us. I usually don't hang it there, but since the van was blocking the front I left it where I put it. You can actually have them made, so you can do 2 side by side for big families, or just use the last name and town your from on one. I think the one we have cost us $121 to get done with all the names.

Best Regards,

Norm

TCD,

You got to get out of Florida. It is in a small town in PA outside of Bloomsburg. My wife has been going there with her family since she was little and now we go every year. The inexpensive and good food is nothing. There is also free parking, and there is no admission. You pay for rides by the ticket or you can get an arm band. If you don't do any rides and walk around, than you pay nothing. Unbelievable so far? They also allow dogs in the park, and they have free entertainment roaming around. Taylor Swift actually starrted here, and I actually think I remember seeing her. Most of the rides were once somewhere else and purchased by the Knoebel's family and refurbished. Here's the website for those interested. knoebels.com It's a great family place, so if your ever in the area you need to stop by. Definitely worth the price of admission.

Best Regards,

Norm

Boy, that all is a little hard to believe.

It sounds like a great place for families.

My DD's would love to hear about the Taylor Swift connection.

I have heard she got her start in PA, so that probably is the place.

We do occasionally venture to the northern parts.

I took the girls to a Jonas Brothers concert at Hershey Park a few years back.

We flew into Philly for that trip, so we got to see plenty of beautiful central PA.

TCD