Resort Character Breakfast

We are in the home stretch for planning our Halloween trip. This year we are fortunate enough to be able to treat the kids to a few character meals and I'm wondering which ones you recommend. I have Tusker House reserved for our Animal Kingdom day and Chef Mickey's for my son's birthday dinner celebration, I have room/budget for one more, what do you recommend? I want to do some resort hopping this time and was thinking maybe Ohana's?? So much to choose from, I want to get the most bang for my buck yet I really want the kids to enjoy, they deserve it :heart:

My little caravan will include my DS 13, DD 11, DD 10, DS 2, DD 1 and my cousin whom is 7! So somewhere kid friendy is highly preferred :)

We have never done the Tusker house character dining. However my sister says it is one of their favorites. Ohana's is one we do every year & think it one of the best. Chef Mickeys is one I enjoy because there always seems to be a character at your table. The one at the grand floridian has mary poppins & cinderella I believe. For your DD's there is the princes breakfast at the castle or at Norway in epcot. I hear the Norway one is much better than the castle. There always the crystal palace which has the pooh characters. There are so many choices that it's hard to pick, for me anyways.

We really liked the Character Dinner at 1900 Park Faire in the Grand Floridian.

One of my friends has gone to both the breakfast and dinner here. She said both were good. Different characters at each. Alice in Wonderland and others in the morning and Cinderella, Prince Charming and others for dinner. Based on the ages of your older children I would say either breakfast or dinner here would be a good choice.

Chef Mickey's is prob my #1 fav for character dining.

1900 Park Fare at the Grand, Mary Poppins, Alice, Mad Hatter, Pooh and Tigger. Cinderella was not there for breakfast. Then again, they always say entertainment subject to change.

Crystal Palace is another favorite. That one you are not limited to breakfast only, like Chef Mickeys.

Haven't done the Tusker House or the Princess Breakfast at Norway, although I have heard similar stories that Norway is better than the one at the castle.

I love O'hanas but haven't been there for the Character dining. At dinner, its one of the few places where a large party (p. of 13) could eat together at the same table. With a group that big, we are usually at separate tables. I could imagine if dinner there is great, a character breakfast is too! I prefer the breakfast buffet over any other meals anyway laugh.gif

Have fun planning!

What day did you book Ohana for Judy. Breakfast or dinner. I have a 6:45 ressie for the 3rd :banana:

We booked the 31st of Oct at 10:40, that was the only day I could get something later than 7:30ish.. that's to early to wrangle 6 kids :blink: It was my experience last year by the time we play around all day, a sit down dinnner is to much for the little ones, they are cranky and just plain mean so the only dinner we will do in public ( :rofl2: ) is Chef Mickey's and I dont think we are doing parks that day, but we shall see, my 1 and 2 year old run this circus!

One of my friends has gone to both the breakfast and dinner here. She said both were good. Different characters at each. Alice in Wonderland and others in the morning and Cinderella, Prince Charming and others for dinner. Based on the ages of your older children I would say either breakfast or dinner here would be a good choice.

We will probably only do breakfast, it's cheaper (there will be 9 of us!) and the little ones (2 and 1 year old) are in much better spirits in the mornings. My life and vacation schedule rotates around their nap schedule :rofl2:

We will probably only do breakfast, it's cheaper (there will be 9 of us!) and the little ones (2 and 1 year old) are in much better spirits in the mornings. My life and vacation schedule rotates around their nap schedule :rofl2:

Don't forget taxi driver for the older ones to all their activities. Wow to think we actually had our own lives at one time. :rofl2:

In November we are doing Akershaus, Tusker House, Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's. I think I have every character covered. LOL

Best Regards,

Norm

I'm in the same boat Norm! Well, kinda...I'm looking at Askershus and Ohana Best Friend's Breakfast for our trip in January but I'm looking at Chef Mickey's for dinner our arrival night or maybe Hoop de Doo...Ahhh its too many choices!!! and Tusker House is in the running too!!! :rofl2:

Don't forget taxi driver for the older ones to all their activities. Wow to think we actually had our own lives at one time. :rofl2:

yea, I put 35k miles on my Armada last year, got the oil changed recently and the guy says.. "you must travel alot.." I said.. "..sure do, work, daycare, walmart, publix, target, softball, football, dance class, girl scouts and band..." :rofl2:

Amen Sista! My kids are 4 and 2. Mornings are best for us (it's a crap shoot what you might get in the PM emot-aaa.gif with my crew!!....and still plan around their nap schedule!

Glad you got your res...should be alot of fun!!