Don't forget to check out the Pages section of FortFiends.net. A bunch of new pages have been posted and a TON more are on the way!!

I've been accumulating great content for a while now (with many thanks to the Fiends who've been sending me great stuff) but there's no such thing as too much! If anyone has any photos, scans or good, accurate info to share - primarily Fort based to start although not-widely-known info on WDW in general is also terrific - please email monique (at) totaldesign (dot) net.

Let the content onslaught begin!!! :parrot:

worst. admins. evah.

:rofl2:

Seriously - not a problem at all. You all will just have to put up with a big ol' backlog of stuff flying at you all at once.

Then I'll probably tweak it 15 times until I get all the photos up and the format pretty standard and finally settle into a groove.

Thanks to a bunch of terrific Fiends I've got enough stuff to add an article a day until I'm 112! ;)

I've already gotten some great response to the RR article/page (thanks folks!)

Also in my rush to get this stuff up quickly, I haven' t posted many photos with these pages yet, but I will.

In the meantime, if you have any good, solid, useful info (or even great trivia!) or any photos/scans, please send them along!

I'll be chipping away at content regularly and appreciate any and all assistance.

One quick note: if you're referencing another site or publication in your info., please send along that information as well so we can be sure to make all proper attribution where needed.

We don't want to get in trouble with the internetz PoPo! :popo:

OH! And I also encourage you to leave ratings/feedback on the articles/pages too. All of that helps our content get traction with the search engines and boost our rankings.

I just saw someone post recently that they searched for "Fort Wilderness" and FortFiends.net came right up.

YAY FIENDS!!

I've already gotten some great response to the RR article/page (thanks folks!)

Also in my rush to get this stuff up quickly, I haven' t posted many photos with these pages yet, but I will.

In the meantime, if you have any good, solid, useful info (or even great trivia!) or any photos/scans, please send them along!

I'll be chipping away at content regularly and appreciate any and all assistance.

One quick note: if you're referencing another site or publication in your info., please send along that information as well so we can be sure to make all proper attribution where needed.

We don't want to get in trouble with the internetz PoPo! :popo:

OH! And I also encourage you to leave ratings/feedback on the articles/pages too. All of that helps our content get traction with the search engines and boost our rankings.

I just saw someone post recently that they searched for "Fort Wilderness" and FortFiends.net came right up.

YAY FIENDS!!

Yes yes yes, and if you acquired a photo from another source other than your camera, we MUST MUST MUST document where you got it from. We must have a link to the website that you got it from. This has been a FortFiends.net announcement. :heart:

Yes yes yes, and if you acquired a photo from another source other than your camera, we MUST MUST MUST document where you got it from. We must have a link to the website that you got it from. This has been a FortFiends.net announcement. :heart:

And now back to your regularly scheduled program...

SEND ME CONTENT!!!

oh, and also send me ideas for the kinds of content you'd like to see.

Thank you and good evening....

tv-sign-off.jpg

Hey all - just a reminder that new content pages are popping up fairly regularly now.

Be sure to check them out HERE

Don't forget too, if you have a great comment to leave or info to add, be sure to comment/rate the pages as well. Please keep the comments on topic and the more helpful the better. Remember the pages are likely to be what the general public finds/sees first so we want to make sure we hook them in for all the right reasons.

Comment links are near the bottom of the page, ranking the articles (stars) is done in the purple header bar - you just click the number of stars next to the title.

These pages will not only be the foundation for the full website, but will also do a lot to help FortFiends.net get found on the search engines - and your comments and rankings play into that too, so get busy!

Also, please PM me if you have any information or photos to add or correct in any of the articles I'm putting up.

If you have information taken directly from another source (book, magazine, website, etc.) please be sure to send me the information on the source so we can credit it and avoid the interwebz PoPo.

And lastly, if you have any particular topic you'd like to see a page on (Fort or general WDW) please drop me a PM and I'll add it to the list.

Thanks all! :)

In addition to now having ALL the park maps up online (including print quality ones to download) and the current weekly Times Guides for all parks, I've started uploading the actual menus from Disney resort restaurants.

I started with some in resorts near the Fort, and will upload more from all over WDW over time.

Don't forget to check out the Pages section of the site for these and LOTS more great information - including forthcoming updates to the FWRR page.

There's lots more coming, and these "pages" will eventually be organized into the website. Right now there are categories for all things related to the Fort, and all the general WDW info will be in the "Information" category.

I'll keep chipping away at this stuff, but be sure to let me know if there's a particular topic you'd like to see information on!

Posted a few more menus tonight. Also went back and added some general info to each of the previously posted menus such as...

Kona Cafe

Restaurant Type: Table Service

Cuisine: American

Service: Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner

Hours: 7:30am- 9:45pm

Dining Plan: YES

Reservations: YES - call (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463 up to 180 days prior to your visit

http://disneyworld.d...ning/kona-cafe/

I may go back and add links to any dining review threads we've got posted here too.

Still a work in progress! :)

Just updated some of the recently posted menu pages with some additional helpful info. These are all in the Information category of the Pages section.

I've also just finished formatting/uploading the Times Guides for all 4 parks for this coming week (7/31 - 8/6). They're in the queue now pending approval/upload, and should be available shortly. These too are in the Information section.

For those of you that haven't used the Pages much yet, the most recently published ones will show up prominently on that main page, but if you scroll down and click "Previous Articles" you can see the rest in one big list.

If you're looking for a particular topic, look on the right hand side of the page for "Categories"

This is where you'll find where all the articles/pages are filed away. Right now all categories are strictly Fort related except for Information which is where the general WDW info is going for now (menus, Times Guides, park maps...)

Yell if you get lost and don't forget to leave some feedback/comments! Once you've clicked an article you'll find the ratings stars in the big purple header that contains the title of the article. Click as many stars as you like to rate that article. The Comments box is at the bottom of the page.

I'm trying to come up with a standard format for a lot of this stuff (like menus, Times Guides) but if there's anything you'd like to see me add or change, please give a shout.

That's all for now...

Content PoPo out! :popo:

But wait, there's more!!!

I created another page last night of loop info - it's in the queue now pending approval/publishing, so keep an eye out.

This one will be in the Information section. It includes the bare bones loop/site info for now, that I'm planning to add to over time. Big thanks to Carol for the info I pilfered from her great FAQ post on descriptions and the master loop list. :heart:

It also includes some "floorplan" type graphics of what a typical site looks like for each of the 3 major site types - Partial / Full/Preferred / Premium. They are just a general representation of course, but I think it's helpful to see these in comparison to each other to really get a sense of what the paved/sand pad ratios are from one to the next - especially for newbies.

BTW I can safely say I've never seen these graphics on any other Fort info site or discussion board I've ever been on. :parrot:

I've already got the next update to this page planned - to include the main Fort map, a link to Shanman's great GoogleEarth program, and then some.

If there's any other site/loop specific info you can think of that would be good to include, please drop me a note or post it here.

Monique,

If I'm looking for something specific, park map for instance, is the search function the best way to find it?

Maybe there is already and I just haven't found it, but do you envision a quick find method for WDW maps & times guides, FW schedules, etc?

Good question, Lou. I'm not having any luck with the search function for any of the pages either.

I'd envision that at some point we have a lot more categories setup that make it easier for people to locate things.

For instance, right now all the WDW info sits in the one Information category - along with some misc Fort info.

I could see there being an entire category for WDW General Info that then breaks down into

- Times Guides

- Park Maps

- Menus

etc..

I'm not sure what the current site capabilities are as far as navigation options, search, etc., but I also know that Chris is in the process of rolling out another update, so...... :)