Pics from lots of campgrounds...

We've been taking pictures of our set ups and parks for a number of years. Check out my webshots for our 50 parks. Most are in FL but last year we did a circle tour of the great west.

http://community.webshots.com/user/we3peas

Thanks for posting your pictures,they're great! I love seeing real pictures of campgrounds, especially if I'm planning on staying there. I've picked some really bad campgrounds in the past based on staged pictures and ratings. What RV park did you stay at in Vicksburg? Your pictures are great because you've already been on all the trips we're planning. What time of the year did you go to the Grand Canyon? The park didn't look full and I've had trouble getting reservations there in the past. And what did you think of the Rafter J Bar Ranch? I had that one picked for when we go to South Dakota. Sorry for the rambling and endless questions.

Thanks for posting your pictures,they're great! I love seeing real pictures of campgrounds, especially if I'm planning on staying there. I've picked some really bad campgrounds in the past based on staged pictures and ratings. What RV park did you stay at in Vicksburg? Your pictures are great because you've already been on all the trips we're planning. What time of the year did you go to the Grand Canyon? The park didn't look full and I've had trouble getting reservations there in the past. And what did you think of the Rafter J Bar Ranch? I had that one picked for when we go to South Dakota. Sorry for the rambling and endless questions.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner as we were gone for 2 weeks camping again. As to your question about Vicksburg, we stayed at Ameristar RV park in site #40. We were at the Grand Canyon at the end of April(I remember it well because we were supposed to wake up on my dd's birthday and see the sunrise over the canyon but instead we woke up in Winslow, AZ due to a sandstorm closing down I40 for 18 hours. We actually made it to GC later on her birthday. Rafter J was great, for us it was very centrally located. We needed the wi-fi so we stayed in site #218 in Base Camp, we had a PT site. Be warned though almost every site is unlevel because it looks like it was built in a sinkhole. e talked about staying inside Custer SP when we go back because that was an area that we didn't ge to explore as much as we wanted to due to time constraints.

Wow, Love that you posted the link to all those pictures! Thanks!

I started taking site pics because I could never find any on the photo websites. My dh always wanted to know what it was going to look like to park our 5th wheel when we got there. Now we've moved on to a MH and it's easier to park but we still want to know what the camping area looks like before we arrive.

Love your pictures. Do you happen to remember what site you were on at Silver River State Park? We are going there in October with our camping group.

We've been 3 times so here are the site #'s for the times we were there. Oct 2005 Site #43, March 2008 site #58, and Nov 2009 site #58 again. They were all PT's all the sites all overly large and they have 2 sets of shared family sites as well. Even the dump station is nice as you can access it from both sides and is a double dump. This is a great park for groups. We have been with the FLPopUpCampers twice and also went with the in laws at Thanksgiving.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The site with our 5th wheel was 164 and the site with our MH was 226. Most sites are very tight, except the ones that back up to the water. Most of those are gone before the general public can reserve them because Pinealls County lets their residents reserve 1 month earlier than the rest of us. If you have a unit that is tall don't go, if you have a unit that has opposing slides don't go. There is not enough room for them. The park doesn't trim bushes or trees and they really don't care when you damage your RV because of it. The last time we camped we paid $56 for the weekend with no sewer, no cable, no ground fires allowed, and a tiny store. Bath houses are really old and gross.

We can camp in a FL SP for $26 night with FHU. And we do.

Thanks. We have site 204 reserved for a Thursday and Friday night in June after our Disney trip. It says it is 19 x 60 and it does butt up to the water. The pictures shows lots of greenery near the edges, but no close trees. There is a tree at the back end. Not too worried about the bath house. I just really wanted a water front site so my littler one can fish to his heart's content.