1-day Premium or Platinum Not available after 12/31/11

I was doing some research on the Premium and Platinum plans and found out that after 12/31/11 you will no longer be able to book these for just 1 night, in 2012 there will be a 3 night minimum. That sucks. If you are interested in tours, recreation and eating then you need to check this out now, before it is too late! I will be happy to help or answer questions!

These were my thoughts about our 1-day platinum plan/2 days!

FINAL THOUGHTS ON THE PLATINUM PLAN

Will we do the PLATINUM Plan again? Maybe! We definitely got "our money's worth" out of this!" for $220 plus a 1-day ticket (we used some to upgrade passes and one for my Sis in law to go to Epcot) We did all of this:

FW Segway

Swedish Massage

Portrait Package

V & A

Wishes Cruise (I'm gonna count this even though we didn't get to do it because we took too long to eat!)

Room Service breakfast at GF

Epcot ATW Segway

Aqua Seas

Fultons

Cirque du Soleil

Photopass CD

I figure at least $900 dollars of value for $305! We are actually talking about doing the premium Plan on one of our upcoming trips. It includes the same options but no V & A, massage or Aqua Seas for I believe $180.

I am so glad we did the Plat pkg! We had a blast and did things we might never do otherwise!

Here are some links to some threads that may help you decide if this is something that you might want to do:

2 day extravaganza

wdw premium plan pdf

This is a link to my trip report that included a 1 day platinum plan.

puretcrazy's december deluxe and platinum plan trip report

Runner and I are considering a premium day during our Halloween trip, we'll use one of our meals to do the HDR and probably do the wagon ride too! We might also do another one during our Christmas trip.

Aren't you planning a couple of trips between now and then?

Yeah, but not sure it would work out on those trips. One of those is the Halloween trip, and quite frankly, this is something I want to do solo and Rick will be along. It would be a HUGE waste of money as he would NOT be able to keep up on the tours. Plus he already has TWO, two-day tickets from free dining trips that will be used toward his next two annual passes. This one-day ticket will add yet another ticket to the pile.

My December trip has been shortened drastically to just the RADP meet days and I will be running around like a chicken with the meets and activities for those days as it is.

Yeah, but not sure it would work out on those trips. One of those is the Halloween trip, and quite frankly, this is something I want to do solo and Rick will be along. It would be a HUGE waste of money as he would NOT be able to keep up on the tours. Plus he already has TWO, two-day tickets from free dining trips that will be used toward his next two annual passes. This one-day ticket will add yet another ticket to the pile.

My December trip has been shortened drastically to just the RADP meet days and I will be running around like a chicken with the meets and activities for those days as it is.

Dang, I hate to hear that. It definitely does give a big bang for the buck, but you have done a lot of these things already haven't you? What would you have planned to do if you could?

Dang, I hate to hear that. It definitely does give a big bang for the buck, but you have done a lot of these things already haven't you? What would you have planned to do if you could?

Actually, I hadn't. I have yet to take a single tour, and I have not seen Cirque.

My plan was Fort Wilderness Segway Tour, Keys to the Kingdom, Cirque, Hoop De Doo, then probably the Animal Kingdom Tour, and some stuff at Sammy Duvall's (parasailing, water mice, etc.)

Actually, I hadn't. I have yet to take a single tour, and I have not seen Cirque.

My plan was Fort Wilderness Segway Tour, Keys to the Kingdom, Cirque, Hoop De Doo, then probably the Animal Kingdom Tour, and some stuff at Sammy Duvall's (parasailing, water mice, etc.)

Yeah, it would definitely be worth it just to do Cirque and Hoop De Doo alone would almost pay for it. Maybe something will work out for you.

Cirque is a must do! Every show I see something new.

Do you know if you can do the race car with it? I was planning on that for Alan but if I can do it this way it would be worth it and the rest would be gravy :banana:

It is not included with the Premium plan. It is included with the platinum plan, but with the platinum plan you have to stay at a deluxe resort and pay rack rate. The other differences between the platinum and the premium is that you can eat at Victoria and Alberts, Fulton's and Portabello, the Spa treatments and the Aqua Seas Tour or Dive Quest. Oh yeah and the Fireworks cruise. I believe the Platinum was $220 plus a 1 day ticket. The premium was $185 plus a 1 day ticket, but you can even stay at a value resort and use the premium.

So really the best way to do this is to go premium and stay value. I don't care about V&A I am more interested int he yuletide tour. I wanted to do this either at Christmas or Mother's Day but I guess my decision was made for me!

You can stay at the Fort also with the Premium! Get busy planning! My best advice: Plan a day of rest before and a day after!

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to bump this thread up to remind folks that this great deal is not going to be available after 12/31/11. We have our 1 day premium booked for the Halloween trip 10/26, which actually means from crack of dawn on 26th to midnight on the 27th! We have ADR's for Brown Derby Lunch, Yachtsman's Steak House and the Califronia Grill. We have the Epcot Segway and the FW Segway tours booked and our reservations for Cirque. We are planning on doing some activities around the Fort, like maybe the horseback riding, renting some water craft. Over at the Contemporary, we will do the personal water craft tour and rent the wave runners or whatever they are and Joanne is going to Parasail, there will be pics! We have not really planned every minute, but we are going to have a blast!

So far this is the breakdown:

1 nite Premium campsite

4 - 1 day tix

4 - 1 day Premium packages

Cost $1,115

4 - Cirque tx - 400

12 meals - 800

6 segways - 540

1 parasail - 140

other entertainment - I figure at least another $300 in various other rentals, activities, maybe a fishing excursion

4 mugs - $60

PLUS we still have our 1 day tx to use for whatever we choose! $340

So far that comes to $2,580! That's a pretty good value! This still works out even with Mama not doing anything, but Cirque and eating!

• 1 month later...

Thank You ED!!!!! I love that we can let you know what we want and you will get it for us!

I think you should tell Rita she has to Parasail also and we def will have pics!!!!! :jumpforjoy

OK, did anybody parasail??!!! I didn't see PICS!!!

This is what we did with our 1-day Premium Plan Package. I believe it cost $278 which included 1 nite premium site (split 4 ways), and a 1 day ticket that we each will use to upgrade or renew ap's.

Our 1st Plan day began at Epcot with the Segway. We had a really great guide, Carrie! I think the cost for this is $95 x 3. We then headed to the studios for lunch at Brown Derby! Yummy! I'm not sure how much, but I will estimate $50 x 4 each at least. We then headed back to the Fort and hang out for a while and visited with Fiends. That evening we took the boat to the Contemporary for supper. This was much better than our last time here! I believe it was at $70 x 4.

Day 2 began with the FW Segway which is $105 x 3. It was fun, we had a very informative guide! We then rented the Sea Raycers (just a hint, don't try to race anyone, they are slow as Christmas! which I think were maybe $35 x 2 dollars, but honestly I don't have a clue! After lunch oop, we rented a pontoon boat for an hour that cost right around $100.

We then headed over to the Yachtsman's Steakhouse for Supper. I'm thinking around $70 each again. What an enjoyable meal! I love that place! Afterwords, we headed to Cirque du Soleil at $100 x 4.

Let's look at the Math.

Epcot Segway 95 X 3 = 285

Brown Derby 50 x 4 = 200

Cali Grill 70 x 4 = 280

FW Segway 105 x 3 = 315

2 Sea Raycers 35 x 2 = 70

1 Pontoon Boat 100

Yachtsman's 70 x 4 = 280

Cirque 100 x 4 = 400

Mugs 15 x 4 = 60

1 day ticket 85 x 4 = 340

TOTAL = $2,330

Total each = $582

That means we received $582 worth of food and fun for $258 dollars or so! We could have scheduled lots more, but we were just taking it easy. Mama does not participate in a lot of our activities, but we have to include her anyway. I'm sure you can get way more bang for your buck if you schedule carefully! We had a great time!