If you had only 1 day for a water park what would you choose ? We have a boy 14 and girl 11 both good swimmers but not dare devils . What would you suggest. Planning on going Aug. 5th weekend.

I would say Typhoon Lagoon. It has a more water park tropical feel. The slides are not as extreme, and laying on a float in the wave pool is fun.

Blizzard Beach is LOTS of WHITE CONCRETE, not much shade, from what I remember.

Typhoon Lagoon, I love the tropical feel and the beach music that plays in the background. I also love the surfing waves in the wave pool. Plus it's a little more compact so you don't feel like you are walikng fore miles to get from one slide to the next. :banana:

Another vote for Typhoon Lagoon here. I like the wave pool and river at TL better than BB's and it always seems easier to find chairs at TL.

Despite the abundance of fake snow Blizzard Beach gets very hot. Plus at BB, chairs can be hard to find without getting so far off the beaten path that your group gets split up and I feel like we have to make a special trek back to the chairs but, once I get to our chairs, I'm usually too worried about not being able to see everyone else so can't relax anyway.

The kids area with the ropes and icebergs at BB is fun for elem age kids but it also tends to be an active & very busy place. TL has the swim with sharks area which older kids often think is really cool too.

This is a fourth vote for Typhoon Lagoon.

Especially if your kids are not daredevils. Two of the big attractions at BB are the big, steep slides.

Typhoon Lagoon has Crushin' Gusher, which is a water coaster. TL's wave pool is way better than BB's. And Shark Reef is a lot of fun, and not very scary at all.

BB's lazy river and family raft tide are way better than TL's, but my family and I still prefer TL.

Have fun!

TCD

Unless something has changed, you can bring in a cooler, although you might want to double check that.

You can bring your own food and drinks. No glass bottles though.

How do I know that? I hear it over and over and over on the long pre-arrival announcement every time I drop off at both parks.

You can bring your own food and drinks. No glass bottles though.

How do I know that? I hear it over and over and over on the long pre-arrival announcement every time I drop off at both parks.

Another fine public service announcement by our resident Busman!

Thank you, Lou! :heart: