As of 6am 8/3, the sustained winds are 50mph and going through Hispanola. Not a major storm by any means - heck - we've had worse "no name storms" than that.

The WRF model (most accurate model) has the storm staying well off the east coast of Florida and blowing itself out in the Atlantic. Of course, that can change in the course of 48 hours, but unlikely.

Because the storm is staying east of Florida, it will cause the state to be sunny and hot. The storm sucks all the clouds and rainfall to itself like a magnet, leaving everything to the west, clear.

The worst thing that will happen at the Fort is that all the locals will flock to the pool in an attempt to escape the heat.

As of 6am 8/3, the sustained winds are 50mph and going through Hispanola. Not a major storm by any means - heck - we've had worse "no name storms" than that.

The WRF model (most accurate model) has the storm staying well off the east coast of Florida and blowing itself out in the Atlantic. Of course, that can change in the course of 48 hours, but unlikely.

Because the storm is staying east of Florida, it will cause the state to be sunny and hot. The storm sucks all the clouds and rainfall to itself like a magnet, leaving everything to the west, clear.

The worst thing that will happen at the Fort is that all the locals will flock to the pool in an attempt to escape the heat.

I'm not going to the Fort, but I am finding a pool at a campground! :heart:

It better not mess up our weekend I need a camping trip bad!

Oh Lorna, that's the first thing I thought of when they started talking about the storm. Normally I don't mind camping in the rain, but you saw what that place looks like after a rain storm. :blink:

Bring your arm floaties!

They gave me the site # when I called for the rese, good thing I know some of the sites. When I looked on the map it was the two sites that I know floods bad, so I made them change it. I think the sites we are in are ok, same ones we had in April, I wanted a canal site but we used Passport America= and got 50% off, they wouldn't give it to me on the canal site. I knew that so hopefully we won't have to deal with rain