We come to Fort Wilderness and stay anywheres from two to 5 months at a time every year. We leave our coach in our site and travel back and forth to NJ. The problem is our new coach was never equipped with an outside hookup for a portable satelite dish, so we have to rely on the dish on the top of the coach. We always stay in the 800 loop--our favorite- and I only know of 3 sites that can receive the satelite--835, 837 and 839. Does anyone know which other sites can pick up the satelite in that loop so we don't have to pull in and out of each site when we get there? We have been in 837 for the past three years and would like to try another. Site 845 might be good, but not sure. I would appreciate anything anyone can add. :-)

When we had satellite service (Direct TV), we always carried the portable dish just in case the roof dish signal was obstructed by a tree. That happened to us a lot at FtW. Our Travel Supreme Select MH did not have the outside hook-up either, so we just ran the coax thru the driver's window, hooked it up to the receiver & shut the window very tightly. It worked just fine.

Finding the right site for the roof dish at the Fort can be a crap shoot - as you probably know. Bring the portable dish as a back-up and a lot of coax.

We finally gave up on satellite service at home because we got sick of loosing the signal when it rained (rains a lot in the summer in Florida). We now subscribe to Bright House for TV, phone, & internet. We are saving about $80/month over the same services paid individually. We bought a digital antenna for the MH (hooks up on the regular antenna) and we are amazed at all the channels we pick up at FtW. No, we don't get channels like HGTV, History, etc...but what we do get is very satisfactory and much better than Disney's cable.

And.... :welcome:

I agree that taking the extra dish with you is a good idea. We keep one in the RV even though we have the Direct that came with the Newmar Coach. So far we have not had to use it at the Fort in the 700 Loop, but have uses it at other Camp Grounds. Looks like you have a great lot if that is your rig in the pic, so I would hold on to that if I could !