I've booked a dinner at Sanaa on November 29 at 7:10. My question is...at that time of the year will it be too dark to see the animals at dinner time?

I haven't dined at Sanaa yet, but I have been to AKL plenty of times.

At that time of the evening in November, it will definitely be dark.

They try to keep things realistic at AKL, so the savannas are not illuminated.

They have castmembers with night vision goggles for guests to use outside of the lobby at Jambo House, and I would imagine, but I don't know for sure, that they would offer the same over at Kidani Village. Other than with night vision goggles, you aren't going to see many animals at night.

The other thing about November is that it may be cold. When it's cold, they bring the animals inside.

TCD

Thanks for the info. I was afraid it was going to be dark...since we're dining without kids and can't see the animals, would Jiko be a better choice?

I don't feel qualified to give you an answer there, as I have not dined at either place. Boma, yes, but not Jiko or Sanna. I have always heard great things about Jiko. And since you won't have the kids with you, it seems like this would be a better choice. The atmosphere of Jambo house is way, way better than Kidani village, which is smaller and more subdued.

I didn't know that.

It's true. Been there done that. They sometimes have the night vision goggles out at the overlook around the corner from the pool. And, these things really work. It's kind of cool to look out over the savanna first without them and see nothing, and then use them and see what you are missing. There is a bulletin board downstairs in the Boma waiting area that has all of the activities posted. There are a lot of cool (and free) activities offered at AKL.

TCD