I've just updated the Fort Wilderness Railroad page on the website side of the site thanks to input from David Leaphart, who's written 2 books on the subject.

VIEW THE UPDATED PAGE HERE

Also, if anyone has any photos of the railroad they can share, that would be fantastic! Either post them to this thread or send them to me privately. I'd like to continue adding to the FWRR section of the site and any/all information is greatly appreciated!

Along those lines, David Leaphart has also written an article for us that I've just finished putting in the queue and should be published soon. If you'd like to check out David's books, there will also be a link to where you can purchase them as well as a link to David's website.

For all things FWRR, past and future, check out the section of the website we've dedicated to this great topic HERE .

And thank you David for sharing your love of the FWRR! :)

• 3 years later...

I just received this update from David Leaphart regarding his book on the Fort Wilderness Railroad...

Hi Folks,
I hope all of you are doing well!

A quick note on the Fort Wilderness Railroad book: it's now available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble! I re-visited the book and revampedsome of the formatting, spelling, grammar, and credits. The biggest event was going to a new printer. I was using LuLu Press. The qualitywas "ok" but the price was quite high. I was able to work with CreateSpace, the printing arm of Amazon. They are now printing thebook. The quality is much better and the price is about half that of Lulu.

The book has continued to sell since 2010 with many copies sold overseas. There seems to be an appetite for the book and its contents in Germany, Russia, and China. Who would have thought that!

Thanks again to all of you for your help and encouragement. Without you, the book would have been much smaller and less detailed, or maybe would not have even happened.

Take care,
David

For those that haven't seen it yet, you can check out the page of FWRR information David provided us with here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/history/fwrr/the-6-lives-of-the-fort-wilderness-railroad-r101