From TouringPlans. We're huge Tangierine Cafe fans - one of our favorite quick service locations.

Tangierine Cafe Review

by Ryan Kilpatrick

Epcot is the home of so much good food, that often times, great things get overlooked. I know among all the friends I have that head down, one of the last places we talk about is Tangierine Café in the Morocco pavilion in World Showcase. That’s a shame, because it’s one of the best counter service restaurants in all of Walt Disney World for quality and value.

Tangierine-Cafe-Food-samples-225x300.jpgTake a look at the food before you order

The Morocco pavilion is not one that most people will visit at length during their World Showcase stroll, because there is no attraction there, but I try to stop every time to visit Tangierine Café. Most people who I’ve talked to are concerned over the types of food served there, but if you’ve had a shawarma platter at home, or enjoy hummus, baklava and good beers, there’s something for you in the Tangierine Café.

The restaurant is a counter service establishment just off the main walkway of World Showcase. You walk into an elaborately decorated open area with lines that can form to the left or the right. Most times I have been in, however, the line goes to the left, with samples of the menu to the right. The menu is mostly made up of typical shawarma platters, with chicken or lamb. In case you’re not familiar with shawarma, it refers to a roasted meat that has been placed on a spit and then shaved off into a sandwich. It also refers to yummy food.

The Tangierine Café offers their shawarma platters with chicken, lamb or both accompanied by hummus, tabbouleh, Moroccan bread and lentil salad. The prices for the shawarma platters start at $11.99 and go to $13.99, but you get a ton of food for that price. I’ve easily shared the portions almost every time I go.

If you’re not in the mood for shawarma, though, they also offer smaller portions, with wrap sandwiches or vegetarian options like falafel ranging from $8.99 to $9.99. There are also specialties, such as the Mediterranean sliders, Kefta sandwich or vegetable platter which includes hummus, tabbouleh, lentil salad, olives and more. These range from $9.99 to $14.99, but again they include tons of food.

Tangierine-Cafe-Pastry-Bar-225x300.jpgThe Coffee and Pastry Bar - yum!

On my last visit, I went with the chicken and lamb shawarma platter, but I’ve had everything on the menu, and it’s all good. The chicken and lamb were very hot, the hummus is extremely smooth, not gritty like many others I’ve had at home, and the tabbouleh, lentil salad and Moroccan bread were extremely fresh.

But I can’t talk about the Tangierine Café without mentioning my favorite beer in all of World Showcase, the Casa Beer available here. It’s a lager that is brewed and bottled in Casablanca, Morocco (hence the name) and I adore it. At $5.95 for a bottle, it’s cheaper than most restaurants. If you enjoy beer, try this out when at Morocco.

There’s also dessert here. Oh, is there ever. To the left of the registers there is a case full of pastries and coffee. You can bypass the main course and head straight here for some of the best baklava you will ever taste. The flaky pastry layers are amazing, the honey is sticky, sweet and delicious and the nuts are fresh and crunchy.

For the amount of food that you get, Tangierine Café is probably the best counter service value in World Showcase. Light eaters could definitely split a shawarma platter, two drinks and some baklava. Grab your meal, head outside and catch Mo Rockin’, the band that plays right across the walkway. It’s a recipe for an amazing time in World Showcase.