I have reserved an ECV for my MIL from All Star Scooters for our trip in January. They will be delivering it to the Reception Outpost the day we arrive. But I am wondering if anyone can answer a few questions for me?

I think we will probably drive to the parks vs. taking the bus, although I kinda wanted to ride the boat to MK. Is it possible for Momma to get around on her ECV at the Fort? I mean, can she use it to go to the comfort stations or go to the playground with the kids? Are the pathways paved or just dirt? Could it get stuck? That sort of thing? (Can you tell I'm a newbie?) She can walk, but we're thinking the less walking she does, the better she will feel and the better our trip will be. :dance:

Lots of folks use ECV's at the Fort, including some of the members here.

The paths to some of the comfort stations used to be mulch paths, but I believe that they are now all paved with concrete. There are handicap stalls for both the toilets and the showers in the comfort stations.

The playgrounds have paved walkways leading to them, and there is even some pavement on the playgrounds so your mom could go right on the playground with the kids.

They even put pavement around the campfires, and in the middle aisle of the campfire seating area to allow access. The pools and trading posts all have paved access.

Thre are still some unpaved paths, here and there, but your mom really shouldn't have any trouble getting around.

TCD

We're at the FORT now and Linda uses her ECV to go to MK via the boat. The only catch is if they are not running two big boats you have to wait for one. There is no way to get the ECV on the smaller boats. We usually drive to the other parks also.

• 2 months later...

We have an ECV that scoots all over the Fort! We use the buses and boats cause loading our ECV in the truck is HEAVY! I have found that there is still a mulch path to the 300 comfort station.

Just to modify this we DON'T use the internal Fort buses with the ECV, one of us just drives the ECV to the Outpost or Boat dock, depending on where we want to go.