Guests stranded on Pirates of the Caribbean for 2 hours

From My Fox Orlando...

Passengers stranded on 'Pirates of the Caribbean'

Updated: Tuesday, 06 Sep 2011, 7:00 PM EDT

Published : Monday, 05 Sep 2011, 10:44 PM EDT

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Visitors to Walt Disney World Resort’s Magic Kingdom told FOX 35 News that they were stranded on a popular ride for more than an hour.

Passengers who were riding the Pirates of the Caribbean water ride late Sunday evening tell us the incident happened around 10:30 p.m. One park guest said the ride stopped running, then she and others were told to remain on board the vehicle for almost two hours before being allowed to exit.

"You're on a ride; it was stopped for our safety," said Melissa Berry. "They were looking out for us and we just waited."

Disney officials said attempts were made to automatically restart the ride, and when that didn't work, staff had to manually bring the ride back into operation. Disney also says that there were no serious injuries.

Park officials have offered an apology to all park goers who were affected and will work on a case by case basis to try to make up for the inconvenience. Disney says there have not been any major mechanical issues with the ride in the past.

And in case you're wondering if these stranded passengers had to endure verses of that catchy little sea shanty "Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life for Me)" over and over and over again, Berry said that, after about 15 minutes, "They turned the music off ... so we didn't have to re-hear it."

If you were on the ride when this event occurred, contact us with your story at [email protected].

The first Pirates of the Caribbean ride opened in 1967 at Disneyland in Anaheim, California and was the last attraction at the park in which Walt Disney had direct involvement in designing.

Correction: An earlier version of this story indicated that the Pirates of the Caribbean ride opened at the Magic Kingdom in 1971. The ride was added to the Orlando attraction after the park's opening.

Read more: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/local/090511-passengers-stranded-on-pirates-of-the-caribbean#ixzz1XsyqAIWj

From the way you've talked, you wouldn't have to worry about it - you wouldn't make it half way through the first loop!

If I have to explain them Ed, yada, yada, yada.

What I was alluding to is that I am stuck, and listening to It's a Small World playing over and over again every time I head over to MK,........ never mind.

If I have to explain them Ed, yada, yada, yada.

What I was alluding to is that I am stuck, and listening to It's a Small World playing over and over again every time I head over to MK,........ never mind.

Ahhhh - the Happy Bus Messaging System (or whatever they want to call it). Annoying at best - at worst you come out like this: BuggingOut.gif