I grew up in ford vans that's all my dad would drive. But when GM redesigned there van in 97 ( I think it was 97 maybe 98 99) they won me over with the amount of leg room they have in the front. Being 6'2 leg room means a lot to me. My work van is a 2000 3500 gmc with a 5.7 203,000 miles on it same motor same trans and runs good. My next work vehicle will be a f150.

There is no reason for panic. The Transit (not to be confused with the smaller Transit Connect) will replace the E150 & E250 vans. However, the E350 & E450 cutaways will soldier on pretty much as is with minor cosmetic changes for years to come. The Transit is much like the Sprinter and is available in many configurations. It will also have much more efficient & powerful gas V6's as well as a turbo diesel I-5. This has been all but officially confirmed by Ford insiders. The Transit should make a great base for Class B's.

I dread the time when we have to start replacing alternators, belts and idlers, I dont have a clue how we are ever going to get to them.

I notice the techs at the Ford dealer dont exactly run out and give you a hug when you bring in an E series truck, the more likely scenario is that the low seniority guy gets stuck with it.

We have an E150 conversion. Same thing, cost is carzy, but we love our "Big Blue" Picked her up the day we picked up the first of the quads from the hospital. Would love more seating and have thought about having it reconfigured, just not sure if we can.