You're right, Jason - we've tested this theory. 8)

(I know you're shocked)

Drinks have to be purchased at an actual bar/lounge to get the TIW discount.

The good news is that the walk-up window on the porch at Crocketts counts!

I am actually happy and sad to have that confirmed. Happy I didn't miss a chance to save some money in January...Sad because I could have saved a ton of money this summer....yeah saved...LOL

I played around with the calculator this morning. Sil and I have our table service dining figured out and most of our quick service as well as we like to figure out a budget before hand.

The calculator seems to work well and be sure to notice the extra sheets available on the bottom to show you which restaurants you have chosen would be the best options for using your table service credit. It also includes an area to show your estimated spending with a Table in Wonderland card.

Over all it seems like a good tool. It is missing at least one counter service rest. listing that I have found so far. That being the Yorkshire Fish and Ships in Epcot, but it seemed to have most of them listed.

My only complaints would be sizing but I am not sure how you could really fix that. You can increase you view which does help but then you have to move around the screen to see everything.

There is also a sheet to help you decide if Free Dining or a Resort Discount would save you more money.

I think I will be using this and sharing it with any one who is trying to decide what level of dining plan or if any level is even a good option for them.

FWG's simplified calculator:

#people in party X cost of dining plan per person (don't be fooled by free dining - it doesn't exist) = way too much money