Greetings Fiends,

I have been a long time lurker and have enjoyed many topics and trip reports during my lurkdom.

I now come to you with questions regarding an upgrade to a class A RV.

My parents currently own a pop up trailer but are ready for an upgrade and think a class A could be the way to go. They have enjoyed camping for many years in their various popups but just feel it may be time to move up.

They have been looking for some time and my dad really likes the layout of the Damon Challenger 376. This model has double slides, double couches and bunks. They like the idea of bunks because they often like taking the grandchildren with them.

Now where is my question you may ask?

First off does anyone personally know if the Damon is a good RV?

Since this would be a major vehicle change and they would be buying used what would be some red flags when purchasing a used RV?

Lastly any other advice anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. They are thinking they would like to purchase sometime in the spring but have asked me to help with researching different options.

Paul.

Although the layout is an important factor when selecting a class A, the mechanicals, IMO, are more important.

Damon, which is a Thor product, is not generally regarded to be as good as Tiffen, Newmar, or Winnabago.

Having owned a Thor product recently, a Mandalay, I don't think I will be owning another one.