Directions from Fort to I 75 towards Tallahassee

We need help with directions for leaving the fort. We follow the directions for coming to the fort without any problems. We have nice roads all the way in...but when we leave, we rely on the GPS and it sends us on some crazy roads. We end up on the toll road, but I like the way we come in alot better. Even Mapquest and Google Maps gives me the same directions as my gps. We never see any other RV's on this road, so we're sure there's a better route. Whats the preferred route for all you frequent travelers? (Obviously we can't figure out how to reverse the directions :-[ )

We live about an hour West of Talahassee. We always use those toll roads going and coming back. They are the easiest and quickest. Get over to Western Way to leave Disney; Take 429N to The Florida Turnpike and head West; Get on I-75N and hit I-10W just North of Lake City ... Tallahassee is about 100 miles West from there ...

Nana I am not sure if your looking how to get out of the fort to western way or trying to avoid the toll roads. I know how to get to western way to 429 so that I will write here.

You pull out of the fort and make a left onto Vista, make a right onto Bonnett Creek Pkwy, follow to the end and make a right onto Buena Vista Blvd. Follow Buena Vista Bvld just past Coronado Springs resort to Western Way, make a right onto Western Way to 429, make a right onto 429 and follow to the turnpike and on to I75 north to I10.

Is that what you are looking for?

Just for giggles, how does GPS send you? Around the Magic Kingdom and past the Hess?

Nana I am not sure if your looking how to get out of the fort to western way or trying to avoid the toll roads. I know how to get to western way to 429 so that I will write here.

You pull out of the fort and make a left onto Vista, make a right onto Bonnett Creek Pkwy, follow to the end and make a right onto Buena Vista Blvd. Follow Buena Vista Bvld just past Coronado Springs resort to Western Way, make a right onto Western Way to 429, make a right onto 429 and follow to the turnpike and on to I75 north to I10.

Is that what you are looking for?

Just for giggles, how does GPS send you? Around the Magic Kingdom and past the Hess?

Thats exactly what I'm looking for...thank you so much. We didn't put in avoid tolls...at least not intentionally...but it has us take a left onto Vista Blvd, but then it takes us out to Vineland or something like that and then we wind around all these neighborhoods and small roads until we hit the toll road. It takes about an hour. I will have to look on a map to refresh my memory but I think the road turns into 535. We went that way one time to the emergency room...thats the only reason we didn't totally panic. But, we were the only rv on the road and there wasn't anywhere large enough to turn around . Before we leave the fort, it also tries to have us turn into that service road where all the campground work equipment is kept. Our gps definitly has some quirks, but crapquest also gave me the same directions. Oh excuse me, I meant mapquest. Ha!Ha!

Another tip. When you get on West Buena Vista, it is three lanes. Stay in the center lane until you pass World Drive. The right lane becomes a right turn only at World Drive. You don't want to have to change lanes quickly, especially with a travel trailer behind you.

Nana:

We take that route out (turn left after the parking lot) and take a road that we're not supposed to (going out apparently) and go up through the residential areas to Winter Garden. There's a bit of toll road you can turn onto just before the big plaza or go up to the other road and turn left to the turnpike.

If you come south on this road there's a left turn that's far too easy to miss and you get a tour of an upscale subdivision.

Nana:

We take that route out (turn left after the parking lot) and take a road that we're not supposed to (going out apparently) and go up through the residential areas to Winter Garden. There's a bit of toll road you can turn onto just before the big plaza or go up to the other road and turn left to the turnpike.

If you come south on this road there's a left turn that's far too easy to miss and you get a tour of an upscale subdivision.

That sounds like the route we usually take!

Another tip. When you get on West Buena Vista, it is three lanes. Stay in the center lane until you pass World Drive. The right lane becomes a right turn only at World Drive. You don't want to have to change lanes quickly, especially with a travel trailer behind you.

Thank you for the info, that's the kind of directions I like. I'm the navigator (back seat driver) and its sometimes hard to keep my husband on the right track.