Savannah, GA 2011

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Stef, there is nothing better than a greasy burger to cure what ails you ;)

Ahh yes, the greasy burger cure!

We haven't heard from Genia since though? Maybe it didn't work, or it worked so well, she went back to drinking and is curled up in the fetal position, nursing her liver?! :hah:

Day two:

Woke up and actually worked out at the hotel. didn't feel bad at all from Friday night.

Had breakfast at Hueys on Riverstreet. We really enjoy the breakfast and brunch opitons. I had a omelate and tony the shrimp and grits. Oops no pictsures. Sorry.

Got the car brought around and then headed to Bass Pro Shop to look over some things. But first we hit Habershams, one of Savannah's best micro brew stores. We got a couple of selections we hadn't tried before. yes those still exist. We got a six pack of Crown Valley Brewing Octoberfest and Sessions Fest. We actually tried them when we got home last night (a night earlier than planned, more later) and they were both good. Both rebuys.

Also checked out Best Buy for computers since our desktop at home died the week before we left. Yippee.....

Headed back to the Hotel and then decided we were thirsty. Imagine.

Went to the Beer Warehouse on River Street for a quick one at to catch the last of the Clemson game. LUCKILY my Tigers came back. Plus I posted a pic so I was a true Friend. To scale that later impacted my tag.

Then we headed toward the other end of the district to the Distillery. A new place for us. Let me just say this place is a definate redo! They have 31 micro beers on tap and a selection of 99 bottles.

We did a flight of dark beers based on a suggestion of a couiple we met the night before in Kevin Barry's. They were so right. 5 different beers each with a six ounce poor.

I need to find the listing of beers we tried but here are some pics. And the fried gator tale is awesome!!!

Can you tell the one we both liked least?

56525b69.jpg

but no beer must go undrunk

b96a39e7.jpg

I want

2bb6e073.jpg

C&ck table art: Can you tell he is a mechanic?

c43933d3.jpg

Once again, I need to find the beers we tried, but this was good:

6d119f05.jpg

Now this one beer was a sample. It was creme brulee beer. And OMG was it sweet and tasted just like creme brulee...However, we could NOT finish this one... Not our thing. Mo told me about the Van Ghogh caramel vodka and I like that, but NOT in beer. And that is what this beer tasted like. If you like sweet beer, go for it, just not our thing.

fe35b0b8.jpg

Then we made our way back to River Street, this is during the Georgia game, who unfortunately won, making SC out of the SEC East race even though SC beat Georgia. Oh well......

She's alive!! :jumpforjoy

Sounds like a good time! Sorry about the computer, just dealt with that myself in July. Damn computers!

If I ever give up the punch for beer, I will get with you, as you seem to be the expert beer fiend.

Can anyone say Bernie's. Lets practice together, because you will see it again and again......

We are eclectic in beer:

bbcf26a1.jpg

These were AWESOME:

e30a5361.jpg

e2fd47d4.jpg

94055972.jpg

ba94287e.jpg

After that we walked around a bit and found that our Monday night meal at The Fiddler of all you can eat crablegs was off. I had called about 3 weeks ago to verify that they offered the special and was told yes....BUT I wasn't told that they would be closing for refurbishment and had the Monday before we got there. So we discussed and decided to come home a night early....What did that mean, we needed to hit some of our waterholes more to make up for that missed night....I would pay.....

After a while we hit Tubby's for thier seafood boil: Once again awesome food, wasn't as spiced as Bernie's but was defnately fresh and had a wonderful ocean taste. definately a redo. And I know this sounds crazy, oh well, but the butter was melted right, I.e. not this watery #$%^ some places brings......Bring the fat!!!

4658428a.jpg

So where do yall think we went next to close out the night? Huh huh huh?

Yup Kevin Barry's. They know us, imagine.......no pics but we closed down the place. I told you I paid the next morning. Harpoon Winter Ale=evil! Nuff said.

She's alive!! :jumpforjoy

Sounds like a good time! Sorry about the computer, just dealt with that myself in July. Damn computers!

If I ever give up the punch for beer, I will get with you, as you seem to be the expert beer fiend.

Can't you do both Punch and Beer? I mean really, I just gave up my cigarettes, I don't think I could give up the Punch too. :(

Great report Genia, I have been to Savannah several times but never knew there were so many places to get a beer. :))

Can't you do both Punch and Beer? I mean really, I just gave up my cigarettes, I don't think I could give up the Punch too. :(

Actually I just had a brain fart! I did have both beer and punch that first night at Lorna's. I could never deprive you of punch & smokey treats.

The next morning, Sunday, was not nice. But I worked out again and swore I could smell beer in my sweat. We headed to Tubby's to try there breakfast and it was good, what I could eat. Tony loved it. I hate it when someone dosen't suffer like me after they consumed what I did......he would pay....

Next we headed to walk around and try to get my tummy in a decent way. Off to Starbucks and sight seeing....No pics today because I didn't feel ike it.

We did stop off and enjoyed the river view while Tony smoked a cigar.

Then caught some of the race at Bernie's sharing a seafood boild there of both shrimp and crawfish. Nothing like salt and seasoned food to get my belly right.

Then we walked around some more but ended back at Bernie's for oysters. Yea the waitress laughed at us, but in a good way. I think.

Then we headed to the hotel to finish watching the race and nap.

Hit Churchill's that night since once of our other watering holes, Murphy's Law was closed on Sunday nights. They werren't last year. We noticed several of the places closed on Sunday. We couldn't decide if it was the smoking ban, the economy or the time of year causing this. Or all three. We did hear from some bartenders that business is off this year and they can't decide if it is the smoking ban. I don't smoke cigeretts but we do smoke cigars. We are pro-owner deciding this for thier establishment and not city council. Which in Savannah was done by council and not a voter referendum.....hmmm.....

Then we called it a early night.

Got up and out of the Savannah by 0700 and home by 0930. Then off to pick up our Savannah from her kennel spa. She got to head to the dog park and work out energy and sleep the rest of the day. Then bought our new computer and still getting the kinks out.....save those software keys.....

later.

The next morning, Sunday, was not nice. But I worked out again and swore I could smell beer in my sweat.

later.

At least you were in an open environment, I had this happen with tequilla after our 15th anvirsery cruise this summer. My wife commented on my odor on the buse to the airport! The wasy I look at it is that it is your body reminding you of what a good time you had the night before.;