Did you know we have a site app?

Thank you!!! Yes, the design is for your phone. Since most of you will have the most use of it during the time you will have your phone and not the computer, right now, that is the design. By next summer, the program will determine whether you are accessing it from a phone, computer, iPad, etc and what browser you are using and adjust the setting based on what information is sent back from your device. We are still uploading pictures and must protect the rights of the people who are taking the pictures. So, there are things being done behind the scenes before they are loaded.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can go to http://www.loop3000....tedb/index.html using IE9 - but you really should consider using a different browser (Firefox and Chrome are good ones).

Get off your browser soapbox, Ed. ;)

I would assume that Chris and Jen will want this to be available to the broadest audience possible. The problem with the app is that the CSS isn't standards compliant in IE or Firefox for the supplied doctype. It does work in chrome and Safari. These are both browsers that have been 'tweaked' to work in the mobile world. Since the webkit you are using is designed to create a mobile app, that makes sense. The app does work in IE and Firefox, but you can't see the textbox with those browsers because the cool stuff like the background doesn't render. That leaves you with a white textbox against a white background which is pretty much invisible. Let me know if you need help sorting this out, Chris.

Sorry for the :techno:

I have IE :(

Press the Ctrl key and the A key at the same time and you will see where the textbox is at the top of the page. Then you can type the site number in it. Think of it as a 'treasure hunt'. ;) Once you have put in a number, press the enter key to get the site info.

Press the Ctrl key and the A key at the same time and you will see where the textbox is at the top of the page. Then you can type the site number in it. Think of it as a 'treasure hunt'. ;) Once you have put in a number, press the enter key to get the site info.

Site info shows up:) but no pic?

Get off your browser soapbox, Ed. ;)

I would assume that Chris and Jen will want this to be available to the broadest audience possible. The problem with the app is that the CSS isn't standards compliant in IE or Firefox for the supplied doctype. It does work in chrome and Safari. These are both browsers that have been 'tweaked' to work in the mobile world. Since the webkit you are using is designed to create a mobile app, that makes sense. The app does work in IE and Firefox, but you can't see the textbox with those browsers because the cool stuff like the background doesn't render. That leaves you with a white textbox against a white background which is pretty much invisible. Let me know if you need help sorting this out, Chris.

Sorry for the :techno:

You are right, on the browsers, it is creating the white on white, but not on his computer for some reason. It is programmed to put a blue background and a white box. So, as I have said, it is a work in process and using your phone will obviously work better right now that your computer. Once all the parameters are programmed in, the application will find out what type of device and browser is asking for the information and automatically resize the pictures from three different databases and adjust the settings to fit the device and browser. So, until then, I politely ask that you use the application as something to play with and hopefully it can provide some information. I gave out the information because mainly I want y'all to know it is there and as it grows and becomes more valuable, you won't ever want to go to the fort without it.

You are right, on the browsers, it is creating the white on white, but not on his computer for some reason. It is programmed to put a blue background and a white box. So, as I have said, it is a work in process and using your phone will obviously work better right now that your computer. Once all the parameters are programmed in, the application will find out what type of device and browser is asking for the information and automatically resize the pictures from three different databases and adjust the settings to fit the device and browser. So, until then, I politely ask that you use the application as something to play with and hopefully it can provide some information. I gave out the information because mainly I want y'all to know it is there and as it grows and becomes more valuable, you won't ever want to go to the fort without it.

It probably works on his computer because he is developing it there and it has some extra 'stuff' on it that makes it work. The key is figuring out which 'stuff' is missing from the server version and getting it up there to share with the rest of the world.

It is going to be a great application. Keep up the great work, Chris.

Could you post the link as a link?

I can't get my stupid (smart) phone to accept it when I type it in.

Thanks.

Here you go: www.loop3000.com/sitedb/index.html

It probably works on his computer because he is developing it there and it has some extra 'stuff' on it that makes it work. The key is figuring out which 'stuff' is missing from the server version and getting it up there to share with the rest of the world.

You have summarized most of the issues in a nutshell! Leave it to Lisa to get it all in one sentence. :jumpforjoy

• 1 month later...

Just so you know..this is for those of you who like to push buttons....

Chris is uploading more pictures tonight and tomorrow to the application, so if you want to play with it some more, please do. If you find any pictures that seem wrong, please let us know asap.

Ok, we have uploaded all of the pictures that we know of that have been sent in by our wonderful family of fiends. I know there are a couple missing. If you can post the missing in the members section under site pics, I will be glad to get the pictures taken by the Fiends this weekend, including those sites which have semi-permanent features. We can put a note there so no one is confused.

Ok, we have uploaded all of the pictures that we know of that have been sent in by our wonderful family of fiends. I know there are a couple missing. If you can post the missing in the members section under site pics, I will be glad to get the pictures taken by the Fiends this weekend, including those sites which have semi-permanent features. We can put a note there so no one is confused.

That is truly awesome, I'm glad that we got to help take pics! I enjoyed it!