Are you sure they're not actually at MK?

One night last month MK closed at 9pm (no party) and then about 11pm fireworks started going off again. I walked out to the dam at the end of the 300 canal to take a peek and it seemed to be the Wishes! show all over again.

I didn't hear/read about anything special going on, but could have been some private/corporate event.

Actually, holiday season, Illuminations is pushed back to 9:30 every night because of Candlelight Processional schedule, and if they have started the Holiday "tag" for Illuminations, then yes there are LOTS of Fireworks (although they have scaled it back some, cause the first year they were breaking things)

We heard mysterious fireworks at an odd time this last trip. I asked a cast member about it and he said that sometimes not all the fireworks go off in the regular show. If the weather is bad or if it's too windy and certain ones won't look right, they won't set them off for the show, but if are loaded into the cannons they can not be taken back out...they must be shot off before the pyrotechnic guys can go home. He said its a Florida law. So maybe it was something like that?

Actually, holiday season, Illuminations is pushed back to 9:30 every night because of Candlelight Processional schedule, and if they have started the Holiday "tag" for Illuminations, then yes there are LOTS of Fireworks (although they have scaled it back some, cause the first year they were breaking things)

Carole's right - Epcot's holiday hours from yesterday through New Year's are until 9:30pm with Illuminations at that time too.

And the holiday tag is AMAZING!

We heard mysterious fireworks at an odd time this last trip. I asked a cast member about it and he said that sometimes not all the fireworks go off in the regular show. If the weather is bad or if it's too windy and certain ones won't look right, they won't set them off for the show, but if are loaded into the cannons they can not be taken back out...they must be shot off before the pyrotechnic guys can go home. He said its a Florida law. So maybe it was something like that?

Ooh, come to think of it, the night this happened a few weeks ago the weather was very lousy with really low cloud cover. The conditions were actually pretty bad for Wishes - worse than I've ever seen them. And I thought I was losing it, but there seemed to be some "missing" parts of the show. At the time I did think maybe they didn't shoot everything off on purpose, but I never thought about the fact that they couldn't "unload" them.

I'm betting this was exactly the case this night. The fireworks I saw were definitely parts of the Wishes show - and by that time things had cleared up nicely so I got a good view of them.

Cool info - thanks!

Carole's right - Epcot's holiday hours from yesterday through New Year's are until 9:30pm with Illuminations at that time too.

And the holiday tag is AMAZING!

Ooh, come to think of it, the night this happened a few weeks ago the weather was very lousy with really low cloud cover. The conditions were actually pretty bad for Wishes - worse than I've ever seen them. And I thought I was losing it, but there seemed to be some "missing" parts of the show. At the time I did think maybe they didn't shoot everything off on purpose, but I never thought about the fact that they couldn't "unload" them.

I'm betting this was exactly the case this night. The fireworks I saw were definitely parts of the Wishes show - and by that time things had cleared up nicely so I got a good view of them.

Cool info - thanks!

I have seen Disney do fireworks shows in very bad weather to the point where the whole show just looked like a bad lighting storm.

I have seen Disney do fireworks shows in very bad weather to the point where the whole show just looked like a bad lighting storm.

That's what that one night at MK was like. Just a bunch of colored lights in the haze - you couldn't make out much of anything above the castle.

Where did you see these Mystery fireworks MK, EPCOT or Studio?

The ones we saw were definitely MK, not sure about OP - sounds like they only heard them