Big Oak RV park, Tallahassee

We stopped over in Tally this evening. Usually I am content to fire up the genny at a Walmart, but I wanted to stop this afternoon and have a good meal at the Outback steakhouse here.

A quick Google search led us to Big Oak. This is a nice place for an overnighter that is super close to town. There are a lot of seasonal campers here, but it isn't run down or seedy. They have some huge live oaks here too. Some sites are shady and some are full sun. We are in a pull thru in the center of the CG. At $36 for a full hookup it is a little more than I like to pay, but it isn't a deal breaker.

I will try to remember to take a few pics in the morning.

We stopped over in Tally this evening. Usually I am content to fire up the genny at a Walmart, but I wanted to stop this afternoon and have a good meal at the Outback steakhouse here.

A quick Google search led us to Big Oak. This is a nice place for an overnighter that is super close to town. There are a lot of seasonal campers here, but it isn't run down or seedy. They have some huge live oaks here too. Some sites are shady and some are full sun. We are in a pull thru in the center of the CG. At $36 for a full hookup it is a little more than I like to pay, but it isn't a deal breaker.

I will try to remember to take a few pics in the morning.

We are 45 miles from there and go to Tallahassee for almost everything we do, doctors shopping etc. We have talked about that park, but never went to look at it. If Fiends start stopping there, we'll be glad to ride over and meet for supper! Next time post earlier, I would have enjoyed Outback tonight too!

I imagine if it were a home game, it would be a little tough getting a spot. I really don't know, but I'm assuming people would stay there for the weekend?

It's not as easy to get to as Big Oak. I'm not sure what you're towing, but you have to get off I 10, take 71 to 90, drive into town a few miles through stop lights and then turn onto another road before reaching the park. I don't know that I would recommend it for a quick on and off. I keep telling Bob that I'm gonna take pics of Arrowhead and Dove's rest which are much closer to the Marianna exit on I10.

Yeah I am pulling a 39' 5er. This park seemed easy enough to get into. The sites are big and close to the interstate and dining.

I think you made the right choice! Please do try to take some pics, people are always looking for places to overnite along the way! Get some rest and I hope you have a safe trip the rest of the way home!

Thanks for the pictures, looks good for an overnight, a little pricy but maybe its because the snow birds are on the move and what a better time to rape em.

I have passed this one dozens of times but it didn't look so great from the road, road noise doesn't bother me when I am tired of driving. Looks good enought to get us through the night. Thanks again.