From the Disney Parks blog...

A First Look at the Disney Fantasy After Float Out

posted on January 13th, 2012 by Jonathan Frontado, Disney Cruise Line

What a week! I’ve spent the past several days in Germany at the Meyer Werft shipyard, and needless to say, it has been an incredible experience getting a first look at the newest ship in the Disney Cruise Line fleet!

The Disney Fantasy floated out of the enclosed building dock on Sunday and was greeted by the applause of thousands of people who came to witness this major milestone. Now, construction crews continue to put the final touches on this majestic ship. I want you to be a part of the experience as the Disney Fantasy comes to life, so come with me on a photo tour…

Let’s start in the Art Nouveau-inspired atrium lobby, which expands three decks and includes a sweeping grand staircase, towering fluted columns, an exquisite marble and stone inlay floor and a cascading chandelier of stained glass and crystal beads.

1DCL123234SMALL.jpg

Next stop: the whimsically designed Animator’s Palate restaurant, home to the brand new “Animation Magic” show that brings guests’ cartoon creativity alive during dinner.

2DCL123234SMALL.jpg

3DCL123234SMALL.jpg

Up on deck, the pools near completion, almost ready for the first guests take a refreshing dip.

4DCL123234SMALL.jpg

5DCL123234SMALL.jpg

And we’ll finish the tour at one of the water features brand new to the Disney Fantasy, Satellite Falls. Imagine yourself on a warm day sitting on the bench of the circular pool as the cascading rain curtain falls gently on you. It’s a great thought isn’t it?

6DCL123234SMALL.jpg

We’ll keep the Disney Parks Blog followers updated every step of the way over the next 78 days until the Disney Fantasy maiden voyage, so check back often!

http://disneyparks.d...fter-float-out/