From the Disney Parks blog. I actually tried the new salad and coucous at Columbia Harbor House in November and it was very good!

Anyone else got any recommendations?

Sticking to Healthful Eating at Walt Disney World Resort

posted on January 10th, 2012 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

It’s time for New Year’s resolutions and vacation can be the worst time to stick to healthful eating – but you can forego the funnel cakes, sundaes and oversized burgers and eat with delicious satisfaction in all four Walt Disney World Resort theme parks.

Here are some of our favorite healthful eats – tell us yours!

xkc496423SMALL.jpg

Magic Kingdom Park – The grilled salmon with fresh steamed broccoli and couscous at Columbia Harbor House is our go-to option when we’re in a hurry. With more time, we head to The Crystal Palace to fill up, not out, with edamame salad; shrimp, mango and black bean salad; turkey vegetable soup; beet salad; papaya and arugula salad; Thai curry mussels, and roast turkey.

eda496423SMALL.jpg

Epcot – The options seem endless as we stroll World Showcase. Sushi in the Japan Pavilion; grilled veggie tacos at La Hacienda de San Angel in the Mexico Pavilion (ask for the vegetarian menu); the Chinese chicken salad at Nine Dragons Restaurant in the China Pavilion; the lemon chicken or kebabs at Restaurant Marrakesh in the Morocco Pavilion; the vegetable curry with lentil bread at Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room in the United Kingdom Pavilion, and the jumbo shrimp with cannellini beans, olive oil and lemon juice at Via Napoli in the Italy Pavilion.

bur596423SMALL.jpg

Disney’s Hollywood Studios – The grilled veggie sandwich at Backlot Express (forego the fries and eat the carrot sticks) for a quick lunch. For dinner, we head to Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano for a bowl of the whole-wheat campanelle pasta (shaped like a little bell) served with broccoli, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh spinach and sweet onions.

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park – We head straight to Flame Tree Barbecue for the house-smoked half chicken (we splurge and eat the baked beans and corn muffin, but say no to the onion rings). For a bigger feast, it’s Tusker House Restaurant, where you can pick and choose from all sorts of salads; spiced tandoori tofu; couscous with roasted veggies; salmon, and curry chicken.

Our super-fast fave? Grab a piece of fresh fruit from one of the carts in the parks and join the guests who consume more than 20 TONS of fresh fruits and veggies each year at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort.

Happy New Year!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/01/sticking-to-healthful-eating-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

I figure if I'm gonna walk 20 miles a week, I can eat just about anything I want. :P

That said, after the first week and a half or so, I was scavenging for a good salad

...or anything resembling an actual vegetable! :rofl2:

But along those lines, gotta say the brussel sprouts at Yachtsman were killer!

I figure if I'm gonna walk 20 miles a week, I can eat just about anything I want. :P

That said, after the first week and a half or so, I was scavenging for a good salad

...or anything resembling an actual vegetable! :rofl2:

But along those lines, gotta say the brussel sprouts at Yachtsman were killer!

why do I come across the food pictures just at lunch time?

Although, I can live without the toefood.....