Cedar Point to Wisconsin Dells by way of Michigan Adventures

This is our plan for a 3 week trip this summer, looking for any advice or suggestions on places to stay or see in our journey. I was hopeing that some Fiends that might live in or near any of theese places to jump in.

We know already that we plan to stay in the campground @ CP and also plan to stay right across the street from Michagan Adventures unless someone has a better idea, we have never been past CP to camp before so we are go there blind. Thanks again for any help.

I can't help too much with CGs but love the Dells and Madison, WI area. We usually head that way the second & third weeks in July. Was thinking of taking the TT this summer and checking out CP's CG. We usually just drive my van and stay at the Kalahari in Sandusky, then with a friend in Madison, and the Kalahari in the dells before heading back home. When are you going?

Before my anxiety got the best of me 2 yrs ago and we bugged out to stay in PA instead, we had booked Lake Monona Park CG in Madison - it's very reasonable and on the lake. We were also staying at Baraboo Hills CG - I hear good things about that CG - and Mount Olympus's CG in the dells b/c you get free access to Mt Olympus while you're there.

We have stayed a couple of times at the Baraboo Hills Campground. It's about 8 minutes from the Dells, In Baraboo, and it is tucked away amongst the trees. There are a lot of things for kids and adults to do. They have a weekend pass that you can buy to have unlimited use of little and big bicycle type vehicles as well as everything else they have. Pool is decent and the kids love the bouncy pad. We rented a trailer there once at a VERY reasonable cost in the spring. We also rented a cabin another time. It gets you away from the hustle and bustle of the Dells for some peace and quiet.

We are headed out July 11th for 5 nights in Pa then into Cedar Point from 7/16-19, then to Michagan Adventure on 7/19-7/23. Then into IL for 4 nights @ a Outdoor World park in Belvidere,then into the Dells on 7/27-? we are still looking to see how long to stay before heading home.

Assuming I don't panic on the road, we need to be in Madison 7/21 - 7/23 then we'll probably head to Baraboo Hills for 4-5 days and check into the kalahari for a couple days after that before heading home. Haven't decided for sure yet whether we'll make the drive from here or go directly from the fort though. Have to explore the road options and JD punch supply... :unsure:

And if you have to make choice, do the Henry Ford Museum. The Village is nice but the museum is awesome.

Second.

And also if you are looking to go to both Cedar Point and Michigan Adventure you might look into a Season Pass as they are both owned by Cedar Fair.

Thanks for the ideas that's what we are looking for as we have never been that way before, we have done the season passes before but with only planning on 2 days at each park this time I think we will pass on them. Keep on with places to see as we will check them out on the web to see what we might like, you guys are great!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I loved Greenfield Village. The Wright Brothers Bicycle Shop, Alexander Graham Bell's lab, Thomas Edison's Menlo Park. The homes of George Washington Carver, Robert Frost, Noah Webster, Harvey Firestone. The Logan County Illinois Courthouse where Abraham Lincoln practiced law. Both museums are awesome. I don't know how the towns that originally had these buildings let them be moved to Greenfield Village.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Henry_Ford