Ewwwwww.  TripAdvisor just released its list for the year of the Top 10 Dirtiest Hotels.  :dance:  Here they are:

1.Grand Resort Hotel & Convention Center, Pigeon Forge, TN

2.Jack London Inn, Oakland, CA

3.Desert Inn Resort, Daytona Beach, FL

4.Hotel Carter, New York City, NY

5.Polynesian Beach & Golf Resort, Myrtle Beach, SC

6.Atlantic Beach Hotel, Miami Beach, FL

7.Rodeway Inn, Williamsville, NY

8.Super 8 Estes Park, Estes Park, CO

9.Palm Grove Hotel and Suites, Virginia Beach, VA

10.Econo Lodge Newark International Airport, Elizabeth, NJ

I am happy to say I have never stayed in ANY of these hotels!!  :o  However, I'm surprised I don't see the Red Carpet Inn in Ilion, NY on this list.  Gives me the willies just thinking about that night I had to stay there.  One word....nasty!!

I went to a place in Texas once and opened the door and saw several of those 3" roaches and turned around and walked back into the office and told them the room was already occupied.  NO WAY was I going to stay there.

• 3 weeks later...

I remember staying at a Holiday Inn (or leaving one) on 192 (back when it was a 2 lane road :rofl2:) and we stopped to stay over so we could get to the park early in the morning. That was a joke because my family never does anything early. :rofl2:

We turned on the lights and there were 7 roaches on the beds and 9 on the walls.  My sister screamed, I yelled an obscenity and got slapped and my mother said a blue streak that would make a preacher faint.  (these are rare)  We did not stay. :rofl2:

If you have ever met my family, you would completely understand this scene.

• 2 weeks later...