Only info I've been able to find says that characters appear for the dancing part of the festivities, but they don't go table to table (like some other character experiences) and from what I gather autograph books aren't allowed on the dance floor.

I found a review from September 2011 that said that there was a character meet & greet after the show, weather permitting.

Anyone been recently that can give an update?

I wish I could help you, but we have never been.

Ever.

My kids are thankfully way past the stage of where it would be worth paying those prices so they could dance with characters.

I am trying to think of a Fiend who might have been to the Backyard BBQ lately, and nobody comes to mind.

I think a lot of folks, and I am one of them, think this is a very overpriced meal.

If your main objective is to get character autographs, this may not be something you want to spend your money on.

TCD

I went last October. To me it is a dinner show for people with little kids....elementary school and younger. I didn't pay attention to the meet and greets because there were SO MANY kids around. I can understand people with kids who wouldn't want to sit still for Hoop De Doo Review choosing Backyard BBQ instead.

TCD I agree it's overpriced, but we have a will be 3 year old who loves Mickey, dancing, and cowboys. I figure we'll be saving money eating at the RV a good bit. Plus, at least there's unlimited booze!

Judy, that's the boat we're in. He can't sit still for the HDDR this year. Soon though!

We go every visit. The last two I saw a meet and greet off toward the back side of the pavilion before the crowd was allowed into the pavilion. Then as we left early (high noise level for DS), we passed a meet and greet near the entrance with many of the characters on hand.

TCD I agree it's overpriced, but we have a will be 3 year old who loves Mickey, dancing, and cowboys. I figure we'll be saving money eating at the RV a good bit. Plus, at least there's unlimited booze!

Judy, that's the boat we're in. He can't sit still for the HDDR this year. Soon though!

I understand. If this event had been available when my kids were into that, we would be there too.

Despite what I think about it, this event is a big success. So much so, that Disney management is apparently prepared to spend major dollars building a brand new pavilion for it.

I hope that y'all have a blast there!

TCD

we went this past June,...its way overpriced.....as others mentioned! The food was ,...ehhhh not amazing by any means, there was unlimited beer and wine....but it was HOT as heck! It was packed to the max, and to be honest, we camp, so usually insects don't bother us much,...but there were flys everywhere, all over the food, all over the melting icecream sandwhiches, it wasn't pretty.

The only thing that was cute was the dancing with disney characters,....it was cute to watch all the kids come dance,....and the music wasn't half bad, as always the shows are usually pretty good. Don't go there for the food...

We did it once,...probably never again,....next trip we will try the HDDR,....we mainly choose MBBQ bc we have young kiddos (2 & 5),.....but....were very displeased

Oh and on the subject of autographs,...the lines were terribly long in the beginning before the food, so we decided to wait till after,....WELL, it started raining after and didn't get any autographs,....it is what it is.....

So there is my not-so-amazing review....:)