If you're on pinterest, you've probably seen a craft where people use bleach in a spray bottle or bleach in a pen to create designs on t-shirts. I did it with a friend this weekend, and it was pretty easy. We had a couple of fails as we were experimenting, but most of what we did turned out great. Basically, you create stencils (we used a vinyl cutter), mix bleach and water in a spray bottle, and spray the design. I wish I new how to post pictures, so I could show what we did.

Though I have avoided Pinterest like the plague, I have made several really cool Disney items with bleaching and spray dyes. If you own a cricut, get freezer paper and cut out your shapes...iron them on and spray away. Super easy! (I'll post my projects when I return from shopping)

Pinterest...is it as addicting as I have heard?

Took me a while. (I had these posted on another forum and couldn't find them in photobucket)

This is a bag and shirt I made with the freezer paper/cricut set up. Easy! Just be sure to prewash the fabric, iron the freezer paper well, and face spray directly over stencils or it may bleed.

This was an old shopping bag I had laying around...

Side #1

DisBagFront.jpg

Side #2

cellphonepictures805.jpg

Here is a T-shirt I made. (eh-hem...that USED to fit me) :(

MickeyShirt.jpg

And here is a picture of my youngest (age 10 in photo) making his own Goofy drawstring bag for our trip

cellphonepictures808.jpg

cellphonepictures809.jpg

Goofy Drawstring...in use :)

Disney2010275.jpg

These are actually the ones I made with fabric spray. Same idea though. (I added color...bleach will take away) The T-shirt was solid blue. I added "forrest" colors over the stencils to create a resist pattern of Mickies. Same idea with the other things I posted.

We used about 30% bleach 70% water. I don't have any pictures on the web because they're for a friend's baby shower, but I could email someone else to post or PM me, and I'll email it to you. We also used stencils to sponge paint and added fabric glitter. Really cool stuff!

• 2 weeks later...