The Work, Womenz, Weunion, and Welaxation Trip Report!!

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, we get a phone call from Kaaaaaahla asking where we were. They had to make a Camping World run, so we stopped at the area outside the old Comedy Warehouse and waited on them.

More laughter and silliness ensued. (It doesn't take much to get us laughing!!)

IMG_5355.jpg

IMG_5356.jpg

A cupcake antenna topper for Kaaaahla

IMG_5357.jpg

OK, this time everybody let me get a picture of their frontsides

IMG_5359.jpg

The grounded balloon

IMG_5360.jpg

The prices

IMG_5361.jpg

I know somebody mentioned they thought it was expensive, but I didn't think so, but then it's usually just a party of one or two for me. I guess when you add bunches of kids, it adds up!!

I love these light bulbs at WestSide

IMG_5363.jpg

This shop is too weird, I've only been in there once cause there is some old Adventurer's Club stuff in there, but won't go back

IMG_5365.jpg

Yumm

IMG_5366.jpg

I've actually read rumors that construction has stopped inside. I hope not. Looks like fun!!

IMG_5367.jpg

IMG_5369.jpg

IMG_5368.jpg

More yumm. We had never actually made it past the shop when visiting WestSide, so this is the first time I saw the restaurant entrance. I decided to try this place first chance I got

IMG_5370.jpg

IMG_5371.jpg

IMG_5372.jpg

IMG_5373.jpg

Some pretty good live entertainment

IMG_5374.jpg

IMG_5375.jpg

IMG_5376.jpg

More balloon

IMG_5377.jpg

Grounded boats

IMG_5378.jpg

IMG_5379.jpg

The backside of DTD along the water

IMG_5380.jpg

IMG_5381.jpg

IMG_5382.jpg

IMG_5383.jpg

Once again, the backside of the WWW

IMG_5384.jpg

One of the few remaining PI signs

IMG_5385.jpg

There's ma boat

IMG_5386.jpg

Lorna and I are off on a stroll to the Hess Station

IMG_5387.jpg

Now back on the bus to the campground

IMG_5388.jpg

IMG_5389.jpg

IMG_5390.jpg

IMG_5391.jpg

IMG_5392.jpg

IMG_5393.jpg

IMG_5394.jpg

IMG_5395.jpg

Now back at the campground, we decide that 1, we're too lazy to go anywhere else, 2, we have lots of leftovers and liquor, so why spend the money on Jellyrolls and Kouzzina, so we stay in.

It's probably below 80, so Jenn is cold

IMG_5396.jpg

Holly gets to visit!!

IMG_5397.jpg

Ooops, we broke the cooler

IMG_5399.jpg

Melissa has joined us!!

IMG_5400.jpg

aaah, sometimes flash does work better

IMG_5401.jpg

More womenz

IMG_5402.jpg

Lots of smiles!

IMG_5403.jpg

IMG_5404.jpg

And that is all I have of the womenz. I fell asleep under my blankie too, then woke up and went to bed as I had an early flight back to Virginia, to finish this beast of a project up.

IMG_20120222_063803.jpg

I really should be more observant!!

First sorry, I was talking about how they took the tea cup comment from TCD's thread and added it to the barrell comment and not your powers of observation. That completely came across wrong.

Besides with all the really active threads going right now doodle would probably have a hard time being that observant!

:rofl2: The tag fairies are on their game. LOL! It takes talent to combine posts like that. ;D

Great update Carol! There really is more to DTD than the Lego store! I knew the girlfiends wouldn't let me down. And I even got to see the backside!!!! Good times.

Sometimes you gotta just look past the (plastic) bricks!!

that there is a tag in the making!

LOL!!1

We got to see a lot of backsides! :rofl2:

Not that there is anything wrong with that!!!

:rofl2: The tag fairies are on their game. LOL! It takes talent to combine posts like that. ;D

Great update Carol! There really is more to DTD than the Lego store! I knew the girlfiends wouldn't let me down. And I even got to see the backside!!!! Good times.

EEK! I am not used to falling victim to the tag fairies. Even MPR hasn't been able to save me. :rofl2:

I. Will. Not. Comment. :rofl2:

It took the WW's to show me the way!

I think my tag is longer than yours!

TMI... MPR...

TMI... MPR... this coming from the Barrel Woman......

::) It's how I roll... ;D

Ok cawol... i sowwy. I will be very very qwiet now. shhhhh.... ;D

I think I could pwolly put you to shame in the TMI department but MPR applies...

prolly, however.... WWW has bwought me enough shame.

MPR for me.. at least until the punch start flowing then all bets are off.

OK, I'll just say that ya'll are REALLY giving the Tag Fairies some GREAT ammunition!!!

Carol, Love what you have so far! Can't wait to see the rest!

Thanks for reading!!!!!!!!

OK, I just learned something. If you multiquote a lot of posts that have lots of emoticons, you have to delete some. There is a limit!!!

Anyway, continuing on, when we last left off I was back up in Virginia to finish up this project.

Tuesday, February 21

We put the project in the box, and we all went to a nice dinner at the local bar/pub

I went back to the hotel, packed up, dozed in the recliner, and took a shower then headed once again to the airport at 0 dark thirty on Wednesday morning.

Wednesday, February 22

Finally, my vacation truly begins!!!!!!!!

I arrive in Orlando, claim my bag, then once again wait on the shuttle for the long term parking.

Grab the truck, then head for Wal-Mart for soft drinks and orange juice, and Pep Boys for lightbulbs for one of the golf carts. Knowing little about the the area, I rely on my GPS to send me to the closest Pep Boys. However, that was the LOOOOOOOONGEST 8 miles East on 192 with traffic lights every 50 feet or so.

I finally get back to the Fort and unload all the kids stuff that has been waiting in the truck all week and attempt to fix the light bulbs on the golf cart. FAIL!! Apparently, the bulbs you buy here have a "male" connector built in and the golf cart needs a bulb with a female connector.

So after putzing with that for awhile, I give up and decide the kids can wear headlamp flashlights if they need to use their golf cart in the dark. (We had two carts).

I also got a visit from a ranger while I was unloading and he asked if I could move the MH back a foot or two. I just laughed. Then realized my truck parked in front was sticking out pretty bad. I told him I was about to move the truck up front and he was quite happy with that.

I also want to mention that the site was SPOTLESS for me when I arrived!! I expected to have to at least blow some of the fallen leaves away, but all that had been taken care of for me, and also there was a big bowl of the most tasty oranges on the table that we did enjoy all week!!!

Now on to some pics.

Here are a few pics of the site while waiting on the family to arrive.

IMG_5405.jpg

IMG_5406.jpg

Notice my Mickey Ear Flamingo was missing. Well dummy me ran over it with a golf cart, DO'H. May he rest in Peace!!! Hopefully they bring them back out during Flower & Garden Festival and a kind Fiend will get one for me!!!!

IMG_5407.jpg

IMG_5408.jpg

IMG_5409.jpg

IMG_5410.jpg

IMG_5411.jpg

IMG_5412.jpg

I get a call from the family that they are just leaving POFQ and will be up front in just a few, so I go meet them.

IMG_5413.jpg

IMG_5414.jpg

And here they are!!

My son Kevin is in the middle, and his girlfriend Katherine is to the right

IMG_5415.jpg

There's Rick, and the tall one in the green shirt is my son Matt, and his girlfriend Jamie is to the right in the purple shirt and red backpack

IMG_5416.jpg

There's Matt again

IMG_5417.jpg

The kids are getting on the one cart that I had parked up front for them

IMG_5418.jpg

We then realized that Matt had probably never driven a golf cart before, so we drove over there and showed him where reverse was

IMG_5419.jpg

Some decorated carts out in parking

IMG_5420.jpg

Heading to our site

IMG_5421.jpg

IMG_5422.jpg

Then after dumping the carryons, we hightailed it for the boat dock to head to Magic Kingdom. We had dinner reservations at Liberty Tree Tavern

My kiddos!!! All together, on vacation, with me!!!! (Can you tell I'm just a bit giddy!!)

IMG_5423.jpg

IMG_5424.jpg

IMG_5425.jpg

IMG_5426.jpg

Here comes Rick

IMG_5427.jpg

IMG_5428.jpg

IMG_5429.jpg

Waitin on the boat

IMG_5430.jpg

Oooh, those clouds don't look good

IMG_5431.jpg

IMG_5432.jpg

IMG_5433.jpg

Coming next, we get drenched and have a GREAT dinner!!!