The Work, Womenz, Weunion, and Welaxation Trip Report!!

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i LOVE your son's Bazinga shirt! :heartsmiley:

Ok...I'm ashamed to admit this, but I've never been to Journey Into Imagination with Figment. :blush: So, thank you for those pics!! Now I need to go to at least one park next visit...

I love the Fife and Drum Corps. We've seen one in Boston, in Williamsburg and in Epcot.

I loved seeing them in Boston and Williamsburg because we are in colonial surroundings and it really brought me firmly into the period when this great nation was founded. I could imagine myself as a Son of Liberty, fighting side by side with the founding fathers for the cause of liberty.

I love seeing them at Epcot cause I can be hammered on German beer, margaritas and slushies and the flutes make me laugh.

I still have not had one of these :banghead: IMG_6501.jpg

And who's fault is that?? :)

OHHHHHHHH!!! I love the Voices of Liberty!!! :heart:

We really do too!!!!

And I love the new addition to your signature!! :heartsmiley:

Me too!!

i LOVE your son's Bazinga shirt! :heartsmiley:

Ok...I'm ashamed to admit this, but I've never been to Journey Into Imagination with Figment. :blush: So, thank you for those pics!! Now I need to go to at least one park next visit...

It's not as good as the original, but at least they brought Figment back, the middle reincarnation was AWFUL!!

I love the Fife and Drum Corps. We've seen one in Boston, in Williamsburg and in Epcot.

I loved seeing them in Boston and Williamsburg because we are in colonial surroundings and it really brought me firmly into the period when this great nation was founded. I could imagine myself as a Son of Liberty, fighting side by side with the founding fathers for the cause of liberty.

I love seeing them at Epcot cause I can be hammered on German beer, margaritas and slushies and the flutes make me laugh.

They are good, never thought about laughing though :)

awwww geeee thanks. :bighug:

:)

Sounds to me that Daves been working too hard and needs a vacation.....

I concur

I do too! The only bad part is that for some reason my eyes start leaking whenever I hear them sing! Must be allergies! ;)

My allergies seem to act up in there too! Maybe they need to dust. ;D

I have that same problem

More prep for F&G festival

IMG_6663.jpg

IMG_6667.jpg

IMG_6670.jpg

Stopped for Rice Cream in Norway, Yummy!!!!

IMG_6673.jpg

IMG_6677.jpg

Lots of pretty flowers all around

IMG_6679.jpg

IMG_6680.jpg

Now it is time for our anniversary dinner at Coral Reef

IMG_6681.jpg

IMG_6682.jpg

IMG_6685.jpg

IMG_6686.jpg

IMG_6688.jpg

OK, I just have to share this picture

February 24, 1990

0254_001-1.jpg

February 24, 2012

IMG_6691.jpg

IMG_6693.jpg

IMG_6694.jpg

IMG_6700.jpg

IMG_6705.jpg

Now the pood forn!!

IMG_6707.jpg

IMG_6708.jpg

IMG_6709.jpg

IMG_6710.jpg

IMG_6711.jpg

They brought us champagne!

IMG_6712.jpg

It was a really fun way to spend our day!!!!!

What a beautiful family!0254_001-1.jpg

Love all the pictures. I guess I need to get back to Coral Reef. We haven't been there since it first opened!

The boys were cute that day!! I wonder what happened? :)

We really enjoy Coral Reef. It's kindof hidden back there, and not that hard to get a seat!

The boys were so tiny and cute! You and Rick don't look a day older! Love all the pics!

I'm blushing!!

I had to not read this TR in installments, I'm tired.

You should paint flames on that camera of yours.

Well rest up, cause there is LOTS more :)

We left the restaurant just in time for Illuminations!! Didn't really have a great spot, but enjoyed it even so.

IMG_6713.jpg

IMG_6716.jpg

IMG_6719.jpg

IMG_6753.jpg

IMG_6758.jpg

IMG_6763.jpg

IMG_6772.jpg

IMG_6792.jpg

IMG_6793.jpg

IMG_6794.jpg

IMG_6811.jpg

IMG_6812.jpg

Then it was time for Extra Magic Hours!!

We headed over for Soarin

IMG_6817.jpg

However, I didn't get to ride. Let's just say all the rich food we'd been enjoying all week decided to revolt on me. That's all I'm gonna say about that.

Rick and the kids loved it!!

Heading out for the evening

IMG_6818.jpg

IMG_6819.jpg

IMG_6820.jpg

Nighty night!!!

What a sweet retro photo!!! Ya'll were a beautiful family... then AND now!! Ya shoulda got a SM to take the now photo so you would be in it. :)

The first two photos of Illuminations are so pretty from behind the tree.

Maybe one day the WW can prove to me that the World Showcase includes more than the area from Mexico to American Adventure. ;D

Just catching up Carol. I love figment too! I went to Epcot 6 months after it opened and everything was breaking down. My parents were so bummed out. Figment was the one thing that stayed strong all day so we rode it a couple of times. Even though it's not as good as the original, it still holds a special place in my heart.

What is rice cream from Norway? I've never had it, but is sure looks yummy.

Love the old family picture. Time goes by too fast. :(

What a sweet retro photo!!! Ya'll were a beautiful family... then AND now!! Ya shoulda got a SM to take the now photo so you would be in it. :)

The first two photos of Illuminations are so pretty from behind the tree.

Maybe one day the WW can prove to me that the World Showcase includes more than the area from Mexico to American Adventure. ;D

Yeah, I kept thinking we should all visit a photopass photographer, or get a CM to take a picture of all of us, but it just never happened.

You know Kim, you CAN start World Showcase from the Canada side :)

Just catching up Carol. I love figment too! I went to Epcot 6 months after it opened and everything was breaking down. My parents were so bummed out. Figment was the one thing that stayed strong all day so we rode it a couple of times. Even though it's not as good as the original, it still holds a special place in my heart.

What is rice cream from Norway? I've never had it, but is sure looks yummy.

Love the old family picture. Time goes by too fast. :(

Cool, another Figment Fan!!! WooHoo!!!

Rice Cream....... Hmmmm, it is a rice pudding (almost like tapioca), then topped with strawberrys and strawberry sauce) I discovered it about 12 years ago and LOVE it. It's not too sweet or too filling, just a great snack!!

Yes, time does march on!!!

Yeah, I kept thinking we should all visit a photopass photographer, or get a CM to take a picture of all of us, but it just never happened.

You know Kim, you CAN start World Showcase from the Canada side :)

Actually we can't. The screaming fits to ride the boat in Mexico prevent such an action. LOL.

and the kids like the Three Caballeros too. ;D

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Ok, the next few pictures need some backstory. Friday during the day, my younger son expressed a desire to go to Cirque du Soleil, so I said well there is probably some type of Passholder discount, so let's go over to Guest Relations and check it out. So we stopped into Epcot's Guest Relations and asked about tickets and what discounts are available. They mentioned they don't sell Cirque tickets there, but the resorts did, but did tell us that Passholders get 25% off Category 2. OK, first attempt, info, but no tickets.

So after leaving Epcot, we stopped in the Outpost to ask about Cirque tickets, but it was almost midnight at this point, and ticket sales closed down at 10pm. Asked about the passholder discount again, and yes was told I COULD purchase tickets at the Passholder discount for another guest and didn't have to be there at the show. OK, 2nd attempt, more info, but still no tickets.

OK, Saturday morning, I go by the Outpost to purchase the tickets. At this point I'm told that only the Cirque box office sells the discount tickets. Geez, this is getting old. So now 3rd attempt, 3rd different answer, still no tickets!!!!

OK, the kids head on to the parks. I hop in the truck and head for the Cirque Box office. The truck needed gas anyway, and we were heading out on Sunday, so I went ahead and filled up the truck also.

While in the parking lot I saw this, and just HAD to get a picture.

IMG_6828.jpg

IMG_6829.jpg

So here I am at the Cirque Box office, and ask for tickets to tonights show Category 2, and based on information the Fort Castmember gave me, picked out some good seats. Then the lady says, oh...... there are no Passholder discounts on Saturday, grrrrrrrrrrrr. So I call and text my son to see what he wanted to do, and he doesn't answer right away, so while waiting snapped a few pictures.

IMG_6830.jpg

IMG_6831.jpg

IMG_6832.jpg

IMG_6833.jpg

IMG_6834.jpg

IMG_6836.jpg

IMG_6837.jpg

Finally, my son calls me back, and said he would rather pay full price for Category 2, so I get the tickets and head back for the Fort. So in this case FOUR times is a charm!!!!!

Rick and myself spend most of the day putzing around the Fort, laundry, naps, etc. Our plans were to join the kids later that afternoon.

IMG_6838.jpg

Rick ran over to the Meadows Pool and brought us back some lunch. Pulled Pork Sandwhiches, Yummm!!

IMG_6839.jpg

After we ate, Rick suggested that we break down some of the stuff to save some time in the morning. As we were breaking down, I just started bawling. I just didn't want to go home. I had an upset tummy late the night before, I had not slept much, and kibitzing over those tickets, just sent me over the edge.

I said, well, I'm gonna go do some looping, and Rick finished the laundry and took a nap.

Saw this camper during some of my looping

IMG_6840.jpg

Here are some more trees they planted across from the Meadows

IMG_6843.jpg

Neat camper

IMG_6845.jpg

More planting

IMG_6846.jpg

IMG_6847.jpg

IMG_6849.jpg

IMG_6850.jpg

IMG_6851.jpg

IMG_6853.jpg

IMG_6855.jpg

IMG_6856.jpg

IMG_6860.jpg

IMG_6861.jpg

OK, I'm looping through 1400 and think, wow this is awfully empty, then I see why

IMG_6863.jpg

IMG_6864.jpg

IMG_6865.jpg

IMG_6866.jpg

IMG_6868.jpg

Not sure WHY it was torn up, but they had concrete cut out of the road, cut out of a couple of sites, and had one site COMPLETELY dug up.

Photo limit, more to come soon!

So continuing my looping, I'm now in the 1500 loop. It looks like there was a big group there.

IMG_6869.jpg

IMG_6870.jpg

I kinda thought that was weird. They usually put the big groups in 2000.

Now I'm over at the group camping area. It was pretty full this weekend

IMG_6871.jpg

IMG_6872.jpg

IMG_6874.jpg

IMG_6876.jpg

This is a canal over near group camping. Looks like it might be a good fishing spot.

IMG_6873.jpg

OK, this is hard to tell from these pics, but these folks win the "Idiot award"

See the guy on the little scooter. He was doing the same thing I was doing, just putzing around checking out the sites, but on his little scooter.

IMG_6877.jpg

Turn the corner, there are two people on that scooter

IMG_6879.jpg

However, what you don't see is there is also a KID standing on the scooter just in front of mom. IDIOTS!!!!

OK, still looping, some turkeys are out and about

IMG_6880.jpg

IMG_6881.jpg

IMG_6882.jpg

IMG_6883.jpg

IMG_6884.jpg

OK, that's enough turkey pics for now

Two popups on one site in 1700

IMG_6889.jpg

And here I am back at my site

IMG_6890.jpg

Now when I arrived back at the site, it looked like Rick was still napping, so I sat in my chair and relaxed a bit

Squirrel

IMG_6892.jpg

IMG_6893.jpg

IMG_6894.jpg

A guy on a recumbant bike

IMG_6898.jpg

A little later Rick comes riding up on the other golf cart along with two of the kiddos. I thought he was still in the camper snoozing.

He had this big grin on his face, and handed me a new key card with a checkout date of 03/02. Well, he had been taking care of "stuff". As I said in another thread, he called my boss and got me an extra week off!! He also extended my stay through next Friday!!!!! I'm like, WOW!!! and started bawling again!!! This meant he was gonna drive the truck home with the kids (as they had to be back at work/school on Monday), then come back on Thursday to pick me up. I was just so overwhelmed!!

So anywho, Kevin and Katherine start to get ready for their evening at DTD, and I give them the tickets that took an act of god to procure, and Rick and myself headed over to the Studios to meet with the other younguns. We had spent way more time at the Fort than I planned on, so got to the Studios in time for Fantasmic!

That is coming next!