The Work, Womenz, Weunion, and Welaxation Trip Report!!

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, we all know Rick is awesome and it has been confirmed again! Love the pics and "musings from my chair!" What did you think of your meal at the Contempo Cafe? I didn't realize there was an observation deck on the 4th floor at the Contemporary, looks like a great view!

The meal was fine!! It was your average chicken pasta with sauce, and the bacon/potato soup was yummy!!

There will be lots more musings on Tuesday!!!!

What a great idea to eat at the Contempo Cafe and then enjoy the fireworks. That was a fun little trip.

The thing I don't like about watching the fireworks from this angle it that they don't look right- the big fireworks look like they are going off above Space Montain, and then you have a separate set going off above the castle. I much prefer the view from the Polynesian beach, as the fireworks look more in synch from that angle. The trade-off there is that you are so far away from the castle that those fireworks lose their impact.

It looks like you were at the Contemporary dock on a night they were doing the pirate cruise. That means that Captain Hook, Mr. Smee and Peter Pan were probably hanging around there somewhere.

TCD

Now this is just cool!IMG_7547.jpg

Thanks!! I didn't notice it really, but it was a neat perspective!

Yada, yada, yada, I don't think I like Rick. He makes it very difficult for us mortal husbands to match up.

Lou, you have NOTHING to worry about :)

I agree!!! Awesome pic!!!

Waiting for more!

Thanks!! More coming soon!

Sounds like a fantastic day!!

It WAS a fantastic day!!

Carol I love all the pictures.

Thanks!!

What a great idea to eat at the Contempo Cafe and then enjoy the fireworks. That was a fun little trip.

The thing I don't like about watching the fireworks from this angle it that they don't look right- the big fireworks look like they are going off above Space Montain, and then you have a separate set going off above the castle. I much prefer the view from the Polynesian beach, as the fireworks look more in synch from that angle. The trade-off there is that you are so far away from the castle that those fireworks lose their impact.

It looks like you were at the Contemporary dock on a night they were doing the pirate cruise. That means that Captain Hook, Mr. Smee and Peter Pan were probably hanging around there somewhere.

TCD

It was a nice, low key evening. I kindof like the perspective myself, but that's just me.

Yes, there was a pirate cruise going on, and I did see a glimpse of the above characters. There were getting ready to load the boat as I entered the Contemporary, and they had left the boat and were doing pictures and autographs as I left the Contemporary. However, those folks attending that event paid a lot of money to have quality time with those characters, and I'm sure wouldn't appreciate looky loos horning in on their picture opportunities, so I refrained from getting any pictures, and stayed out of their way.

ohhh I love the marina at night! Beautiful shots. You got some really nice shots of the CR at night too! I am going to log out right now and buy a new camera. I really might do it! But don't tell H ;D

Thanks!! Happy Shopping!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Mornin Fiends!! I woke up to a beautiful morning. I was actually fully refreshed after two long nights of great sleep, and a lazy day. However, I resisted the urge to go out to the parks and tire myself out again, and spent most of the day at the Fort.

I started the morning (late) with some oatmeal, one of the yummy oranges left by Melissa and some hot chocolate, then went on my daily looping adventure. (I was primarily hunting for empty sites for the site app, and I did find a few and sent them to Jen and Chris).

So, now it's time to check on the workings in the 1400 Loop, and here is what it looked like today!

IMG_7555.jpg

IMG_7556.jpg

IMG_7557.jpg

IMG_7558.jpg

IMG_7559.jpg

IMG_7560.jpg

IMG_7562.jpg

IMG_7563.jpg

IMG_7564.jpg

IMG_7565.jpg

I then remembered I needed ice, so off to the Meadows Trading Post and I see the Fort Handyman Cart

IMG_7566.jpg

IMG_7567.jpg

I also see this new Fort Logo item in the Trading Post

IMG_7568.jpg

Now, I'm back at my site, catching up on Fort Fiends, adding some pics to Kim's WWW report, and contemplating what to do with my day (Really deep stuff, huh??)

Then this guy pulls up. I LOVE all kinds of tiny campers, and the R-Pod is one of my favorites. As a matter of fact, if the R-Pod had been available when I bought my camper, I might very seriously have been an R-Pod owner now. (Mouse-ke-Pod) (Doesn't quite have the same ring, does it)

IMG_7569.jpg

So anyway, in the theme of "Musings from My Chair" I snapped a couple of shots, then I realized he was gonna be in Site 1601!

Oooh, a backing in show, I LOVE those!!!

IMG_7570.jpg

IMG_7571.jpg

IMG_7572.jpg

IMG_7573.jpg

IMG_7574.jpg

IMG_7575.jpg

IMG_7576.jpg

IMG_7577.jpg

IMG_7578.jpg

IMG_7579.jpg

IMG_7580.jpg

IMG_7581.jpg

IMG_7582.jpg

IMG_7583.jpg

Now, he's checking it out

IMG_7584.jpg

He must have been happy, cause then he headed for the comfort station.

More musings coming up!

Time for more musings.....

These next few pictures are also a rant!! Since Monday afternoon, there were LOTS of squirrels at my site.. Pretty aggressive squirrels too. I would quite often find them coming up right next to my chair squawking at me, and I soon found out why.

IMG_7585.jpg

IMG_7586.jpg

IMG_7587.jpg

IMG_7588.jpg

IMG_7589.jpg

As it turns out, my neighbors (you know the ones with the cool light) had brought large quantities of peanuts and were putting them out for the squirrels!!!! :banghead: :blowup:

The squirrels were hiding those said peanuts on my site, then griping at me for sitting out there!! So that's my IDIOT award for today!!

As it turns out, my neighbors (you know the ones with the cool light) had brought large quantities of peanuts and were putting them out for the squirrels!!!!

Classic.

And this after the Fort management put a sign on every single picnic table in the place reminding people not to feed the wildlife.

Maybe there's a squirrel exception?

TCD

Funny stuff Carol. Can you imagine what those squirrels were thinking?

"Hey lady, back away from the nuts!!"

You just can't fix stupid. We have the same types around here that think it's cool to feed the gators, then FREAK when the gator eats their little fluffy dog. :hah:

Classic.

And this after the Fort management put a sign on every single picnic table in the place reminding people not to feed the wildlife.

Maybe there's a squirrel exception?

TCD

Funny stuff Carol. Can you imagine what those squirrels were thinking?

"Hey lady, back away from the nuts!!"

You just can't fix stupid. We have the same types around here that think it's cool to feed the gators, then FREAK when the gator eats their little fluffy dog. :hah:

The squirrels were tyrants in the 300 loop when we were there too! I had one climb up the MH home steps and taunt the dogs.

The squirrels were bad in 500 in November too. This one tried stealing my super fast Kenny cart.

P1020691.JPG

And this one was hogging all the nuts.

P1030004.JPG

Wow Dave, that's an impressive set of nuts! :))

WOW, OK, I guess this confirms the squirrels are getting brave!! I honestly, had never really noticed the squirrels being aggressive until this trip, soooooo PSA........ DON'T FEED THE SQUIRRELS!!!!!

OK, by this time I had decided what I was going to do this evening. Every Tuesday night, the fine folks at Owner's Locker have a "wine evening" at Epcot. John (the owner), drops by Epcot near the France pavilion to meet Owner's Locker members, get feedback, and just generally get to know his clients. So, I decided to go to Epcot for a quick service meal somewhere in World Showcase, then go to France and have a Grand Marnier Slushy (or two), and meet up with fellow Owner's Locker folks.

However, I still had some time for more musings, and saw this little camper pull into the loop.

IMG_7590.jpg

IMG_7598.jpg

IMG_7599.jpg

Scamps and/or Casitas also fall into the "neat tiny category", but personally are not one of my favorite little trailers.

There were also a lot of turkeys around

IMG_7600.jpg

IMG_7601.jpg

The turkeys were stopping traffic in the loop

IMG_7603.jpg

IMG_7604.jpg

Now it looks like I'm up at the Outpost waiting on my bus to Epcot

IMG_7605.jpg

IMG_7606.jpg

IMG_7607.jpg

IMG_7608.jpg

Oh look, they have lockers for folks on the trail ride

IMG_7609.jpg

IMG_7610.jpg

IMG_7611.jpg

Now I'm on the bus

IMG_7612.jpg

There is LOTS of water on Disney property

IMG_7614.jpg

IMG_7617.jpg

IMG_7618.jpg

IMG_7619.jpg

IMG_7620.jpg

Look, they are running a pump here too

IMG_7621.jpg

And now, we're almost there

IMG_7622.jpg

IMG_7623.jpg

IMG_7624.jpg

Lots and lots of flowers already!

IMG_7625.jpg

IMG_7626.jpg

IMG_7627.jpg

IMG_7628.jpg

IMG_7629.jpg

IMG_7630.jpg

Photo limit!

Howdy all, time to continue on...

IMG_7639.jpg

I actually remembered to stop at a couple of Photopass photographers

IMG_7640.jpg

IMG_7641.jpg

IMG_7643.jpg

IMG_7645.jpg

IMG_7646.jpg

They are really getting F&G Festival stuff ready to go

IMG_7647.jpg

IMG_7648.jpg

IMG_7649.jpg

Now once again, I'm sitting in one of my favorite spots in the parks

IMG_7650.jpg

Hopefully the fountain is actually working today

IMG_7651.jpg

IMG_7652.jpg

IMG_7655.jpg

And it is!!

IMG_7656.jpg

IMG_7685.jpg

IMG_7689.jpg

IMG_7690.jpg

IMG_7699.jpg

IMG_7700.jpg

IMG_7701.jpg

IMG_7721.jpg

IMG_7733.jpg

IMG_7747.jpg

IMG_7748.jpg

IMG_7749.jpg

IMG_7755.jpg

IMG_7757.jpg

IMG_7767.jpg

Photo limit

IMG_7777.jpg

IMG_7778.jpg

IMG_7796.jpg

IMG_7802.jpg

IMG_7831.jpg

IMG_7836.jpg

IMG_7861.jpg

Sorry, I know that's a lot of fountain pictures, and I really only posted a fraction of them, but I was just so happy to sit there and watch, knowing I wasn't in a rush to get anywhere!!

I'm now meandering on toward World Showcase

IMG_7875.jpg

IMG_7876.jpg

Here is a cool set of topiaries from Peter Pan

IMG_7877.jpg

IMG_7879.jpg

IMG_7880.jpg

IMG_7881.jpg

IMG_7882.jpg

IMG_7883.jpg

IMG_7885.jpg

Sun setting over Epcot

IMG_7888.jpg

IMG_7889.jpg

IMG_7891.jpg

IMG_7892.jpg

IMG_7893.jpg

IMG_7894.jpg

IMG_7895.jpg

Lots and lots of flowers

IMG_7897.jpg

IMG_7900.jpg

IMG_7901.jpg

IMG_7902.jpg

IMG_7903.jpg

IMG_7905.jpg

And I'll stop for now.

Comin up, I finally reach World Showcase

Oh I'm so glad you found a PhotoPass Photog!!! Great shot of you!

I absolutely love that fountain and could hang out there staring at it for hours! :yay:

Your photos of it are so good!!! :)

It is written, then..... for WWW 2013, Kim will see the Canada to American Pavilion side of World Showcase AND watch the Fountain for hours!!!!!!!!

Happy Friday Fiends!! When we last left off, I was about to enter World Showcase.....

M. R. Ducks

IMG_7906.jpg

IMG_7907.jpg

Making my way into Canada

IMG_7908.jpg

IMG_7909.jpg

IMG_7910.jpg

Wow, now I'm already in the UK, short trip across the Pond!

IMG_7912.jpg

IMG_7913.jpg

IMG_7914.jpg

Heard the British Revolution in the background, so wandered over that direction

IMG_7915.jpg

IMG_7916.jpg

IMG_7917.jpg

The English Gardens are always beautiful!

IMG_7919.jpg

IMG_7921.jpg

IMG_7922.jpg

IMG_7923.jpg

IMG_7924.jpg

IMG_7925.jpg

IMG_7926.jpg

Here are some Pooh & Friends Topiaries

IMG_7928.jpg

IMG_7929.jpg

IMG_7931.jpg

Seee, M. R. Ducks!!

IMG_7933.jpg

IMG_7934.jpg

IMG_7937.jpg

Stopped at another Photopass Photographer before heading onto France

IMG_7939.jpg

IMG_7940.jpg

I was trying to catch the flowers back on the grassy bank

IMG_7941.jpg

Now, we're in Paris at dusk, oooh lah lah :)

IMG_7943.jpg

OK, had a brief interruption, had to go to a meeting really quick, so had to hit the post button.

Now, my goals were few, but I did need dinner. Earlier that day, I had asked Fiends for suggestions where to have dinner at Epcot, and while all the suggestions were wonderful, I decided to try the (fairly) new Japanese Counter Service. Mainly cause I hadn't been there yet.

I had the chicken and beef terriyaki

IMG_7962.jpg

It was not earth shattering. But it was rather tasty, the veggies were fresh, and both the chicken and beef were good. The rice, was..... well..... rice.

What was really nice were the gardens. Absolutely georgious!!

IMG_7964.jpg

IMG_7965.jpg

IMG_7967.jpg

IMG_7969.jpg

Now, I'm working my way back toward France, and the meetup with the Owner's Locker folks

IMG_7972.jpg

The fountains of France

IMG_7973.jpg

IMG_7974.jpg

I still had time to kill, so I wandered through the back streets of Paris

Beauty and the Beast

IMG_7976.jpg

IMG_7977.jpg

IMG_7978.jpg

IMG_7979.jpg

IMG_7980.jpg

IMG_7981.jpg

IMG_7982.jpg

OK, a pink shoe tree, now that's strange

IMG_7983.jpg

It's finally time to meet up with John, and there are also a couple of other folks there, and we have a lovely conversation. Then, everyone else says their goodbyes, and the two of us have a very good conversation, mostly about the different web groups, webmasters, and how his business has worked through them. It turns out we know a lot of the same people, and I got some good insight on quite a few subjects regarding a LOT of the unoficial Disney websites. We also batted around some ideas on how more campers might use his service!

Throughout our conversation, I had a couple of my favorite drink, and I also tried a chocolate crepe!!

IMG_7984.jpg

IMG_7985.jpg

Just before Illuminations, John excused himself, and I continued my meandering around World Showcase!

More coming soon!