The Work, Womenz, Weunion, and Welaxation Trip Report!!

I got behind on my reading, but I am all caught up now.

Thanks for the American Adventure photos- I am usually asleep by that part in the show, so now I know what I have been missing.

I love your wedding pictures. Mrs. TCD used to wear glasses, and in her old drivers' license photo she had on glasses a lot like yours. The kids laughed every time they saw that photo. But yours look nice on you.

What a great surprise to get to stay an extra week!

Wow!

TCD

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got behind on my reading, but I am all caught up now.

Thanks for the American Adventure photos- I am usually asleep by that part in the show, so now I know what I have been missing.

I love your wedding pictures. Mrs. TCD used to wear glasses, and in her old drivers' license photo she had on glasses a lot like yours. The kids laughed every time they saw that photo. But yours look nice on you.

What a great surprise to get to stay an extra week!

Wow!

TCD

American Adventure is one of my favorites!!! Although sadly I tend to doze off in there myself. However, when you are holding a camera taking a picture every two seconds, it tends to keep you awake longer!!

Thanks, I had forgotten about those glasses! I had LASIK back in 2004, and don't miss wearing the coke bottles at all. (However, now I'm finding my arms are too short, readers are in my near future :()

You just don't know how relieved I felt about being at the Fort with absolutely NO responsibilities and no agenda for the next few days, it really gave me a whole new outlook. The trip was about to end on a sad note with regrets and exhaustion, but this completely turned it around!!!!

Carol,

I think that your husband should win a "husband of the year" award for making arrangements to extend your stay!!!! Wow!!!

Great wedding photos!

Heidi

Yes, he got many, many rewards from me for that one little gesture. He is a GREAT hubby!!

OK, when we last left off, we were making our way to the Studios to join two of the kiddos for Fantasmic!

Some of the preshow entertainment

IMG_6899.jpg

IMG_6900.jpg

IMG_6903.jpg

We were in the Mickey section

IMG_6908.jpg

Here is Matt and Jamie!! It was COLD that evening

IMG_6909.jpg

IMG_6911.jpg

Here we are

IMG_6912.jpg

And here is my hero, Mickey Mouse!!

IMG_6918.jpg

IMG_6927.jpg

IMG_6943.jpg

IMG_6949.jpg

IMG_6956.jpg

IMG_6970.jpg

IMG_6984.jpg

IMG_7016.jpg

IMG_7029.jpg

IMG_7036.jpg

IMG_7045.jpg

IMG_7086.jpg

IMG_7102.jpg

IMG_7124.jpg

IMG_7127.jpg

And that was our day at Hollywood Studios. All the kids said they got on most of the major attractions and really enjoyed themselves. While it may seem like we didn't spend much time together, I think it all worked. Nobody got aggravated with each other by being too "together".

After we left the Studios, it was time for dinner at Cape May Clam Bake Buffet!!!

More Pood Forn!!!

IMG_7137.jpg

Lots of Crab Legs

IMG_7139.jpg

IMG_7141.jpg

Desert!

IMG_7143.jpg

And that's all the pictures I have till Sunday morning, so Nighty Night!!

Great updates Carol!!! Love the pics of the chowder and the crab legs. And that Rick is one great husband! Happy for you that he extended your stay...sounds like you needed more rest, and he obviously knew that.

Also, I had lasik in 2004 too! And I just started wearing reading glasses in the past 6 months. Boo! My distance vision is still perfect, but the need for readers just has to do with age more than anything else. Oh well. Whatcha gonna do?

I've said it before but I'll say it again. I think Rick is a keeper! :)

Yes he is!!!

You are doing a great job with this TR, Carol! I love all the smiling faces. It looks like you had just the right amount of togetherness!!

Thanks for readin!!! We had a blast!!

HAD TO DO IT!!

Carolsreef.jpg

Cool!!!

Great photos of Fantasmic! I've wanted to see that again for our last 2 trips but it hasn't worked out. Maybe next time! :)

The food pics look awesome! I love crab legs!

Fantasmic is cool!! We don't see it very often cause it's such a time eater, but it was FUN! You know, I actually didn't have any crab legs, too much work for me, but I LOVE everything else on the buffet!

Great updates Carol!!! Love the pics of the chowder and the crab legs. And that Rick is one great husband! Happy for you that he extended your stay...sounds like you needed more rest, and he obviously knew that.

Also, I had lasik in 2004 too! And I just started wearing reading glasses in the past 6 months. Boo! My distance vision is still perfect, but the need for readers just has to do with age more than anything else. Oh well. Whatcha gonna do?

The chowder there is always yummy!! Yeah, the eye doc told me to expect to wear readers sooner. If I had kept glasses, he could have corrected with regular glasses longer, but I'll deal!! Being able to wake up and see has been worth it!!!

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Today was supposed to be our last day, but as you know I was staying!!

However, the kids did have to get home. Now two of them were flying, and Rick was taking the other two home. So, we did pack up some things. We decided to go ahead and take the big shelter down. Rick brought the truck back and loaded up.

Not many pics from this morning as we were kinda busy.

More turkeys!!

IMG_7145.jpg

IMG_7146.jpg

IMG_7147.jpg

IMG_7148.jpg

IMG_7149.jpg

IMG_7150.jpg

IMG_7152.jpg

Lorna and Rich arrived to pick up their motorhome, and after we got packed up, the four of us headed to breakfast at Trails End.

Sadly, at that point it was time for everybody to go. The two younguns headed for their DME bus and Rick and the other two headed home in the truck.

Lorna and Rich hung around for a bit, and I helped them tidy up the motorhome to head home, then we got a surprise. Ami and Scott dropped by!!

IMG_7153.jpg

IMG_7154.jpg

After they left, I tidied up the campsite a bit, broke out the computer and took care of a few things, both work and bill related, then I crashed!!!

Amazing Race was starting, and I remember about 10 minutes of it, and the next thing I knew it was 10:00 in the morning on Monday!!!

(I do vaguely remember a phone call saying everyone had gotten home safely)

Nighty Night!

I love surprise visitors!!

I do too!!!

Departure day is always sad... but at least the blow was softened by spending a little time with fiends.

How great to have breakfast with Rich and lorna!! and a surprise visit from Ami and Scott.. what could be better than all that? :)

Yes it is!!!

It was the least we could do to buy them breakfast, I mean after everything they did for us over the last week or so, it was our pleasure!!! Plus I got to keep one of the golf carts that they store for us!! I was just planning on using Rick's ECV, but they insisted they were leaving the grey cart there anyway.

Monday, February 27, 2012

OK, after waking up really late on Monday, it just felt so good to be AT THE FORT with no pressure, no plans. It is now time for the WELAXATION!!! part of this report.

Most of the day, I was a slug. Throughout the next week, there will be lots of pictures of what I call "musings from my chair". Cause I spent a LOT of time in my chair under the awning.

On Monday, I did catch up the laundry, and I did some looping.

I went back to 1400 loop and caught up on the progress they were making.

IMG_7155.jpg

IMG_7156.jpg

IMG_7157.jpg

Then over in 2000, I saw this other T@B. Unfortunately, I never got to meet the owner.

IMG_7160.jpg

The turkeys really get around

IMG_7161.jpg

The site looks really empty.......

IMG_7162.jpg

IMG_7163.jpg

IMG_7164.jpg

We had new neighbors move in that had the coolest Mickey Light

IMG_7165.jpg

IMG_7166.jpg

Musing from my chair

IMG_7167.jpg

IMG_7206.jpg

Their string of lights had a controller with all different designs

IMG_7168.jpg

IMG_7207.jpg

IMG_7208.jpg

IMG_7209.jpg

IMG_7210.jpg

IMG_7211.jpg

IMG_7213.jpg

IMG_7216.jpg

As you can see, we had a rain shower come through, but the rain soon quit, and I decided to get out for a little while this evening. That is coming up next!

OK, I have some time for another update today.

As I said, I spent a lot of time during the week just hanging around the campsite, but I did get out for a bit once each day. (For one, all I had to eat at the camper was oranges, oatmeal, yogurt, and some leftover shrimp, so I decided to sample some counter service someplace each day).

Tonight I decided I would go to the Contempo Cafe, then try and catch the fireworks from the 4th Floor viewing platform.

So here I go

IMG_7220.jpg

IMG_7221.jpg

IMG_7222.jpg

IMG_7224.jpg

IMG_7225.jpg

IMG_7226.jpg

IMG_7227.jpg

IMG_7228.jpg

IMG_7229.jpg

IMG_7230.jpg

The little boat that pulled up must have come from the Contemporary, so I was waiting on the one that had come from the WL.

IMG_7231.jpg

IMG_7232.jpg

IMG_7233.jpg

IMG_7234.jpg

IMG_7235.jpg

See, that little boat is heading for the WL

IMG_7237.jpg

IMG_7242.jpg

Here comes my boat

IMG_7243.jpg

IMG_7247.jpg

IMG_7248.jpg

IMG_7249.jpg

IMG_7251.jpg

IMG_7254.jpg

IMG_7255.jpg

Getting closer to the Contemporary

IMG_7257.jpg

Wilderness Lodge

IMG_7258.jpg

IMG_7260.jpg

IMG_7267.jpg

IMG_7268.jpg

IMG_7269.jpg

Photo limit, more coming in a bit

Here I am on the 4th Floor observation deck waiting on the Fireworks to begin

IMG_7295.jpg

IMG_7297.jpg

IMG_7299.jpg

IMG_7300.jpg

IMG_7301.jpg

IMG_7305.jpg

IMG_7308.jpg

Here is the end of Magic Memories and You

IMG_7309.jpg

And here Wishes begins

IMG_7314.jpg

IMG_7319.jpg

IMG_7356.jpg

IMG_7357.jpg

IMG_7363.jpg

IMG_7376.jpg

IMG_7383.jpg

IMG_7384.jpg

IMG_7399.jpg

IMG_7498.jpg

IMG_7517.jpg

IMG_7537.jpg

Then I headed back into the Contemporary

IMG_7544.jpg

I tried like crazy to get an interrupted shot of the mural, but it just wasn't possible

IMG_7545.jpg

IMG_7546.jpg

IMG_7547.jpg

IMG_7548.jpg

IMG_7549.jpg

IMG_7550.jpg

IMG_7551.jpg

IMG_7552.jpg

IMG_7553.jpg

And that was my Monday. I wandered back outside to the boat, went back to the camper, chilled a bit with a drink (or two) and nighty night!!!!

Ok, we all know Rick is awesome and it has been confirmed again! Love the pics and "musings from my chair!" What did you think of your meal at the Contempo Cafe? I didn't realize there was an observation deck on the 4th floor at the Contemporary, looks like a great view!