The Work, Womenz, Weunion, and Welaxation Trip Report!!

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I have left the restaurant.

It's a beautiful Chamber of Commerce weather.

I was going back home tomorrow, so I was gonna enjoy the no plans thing.

Snapping away, I'm just wandering

IMG_8642.jpg

IMG_8643.jpg

IMG_8644.jpg

IMG_8645.jpg

IMG_8646.jpg

IMG_8647.jpg

Then I see this sign!! I know where I'm going for the moment

IMG_8648.jpg

Looking back across the lake

IMG_8649.jpg

IMG_8650.jpg

IMG_8651.jpg

IMG_8652.jpg

IMG_8653.jpg

This picture shows the bus stops I spoke of on my chat with the bus driver. I do remember the Disney busses stopping there for a couple of years

IMG_8654.jpg

Still strolling

IMG_8655.jpg

Back over my shoulder again

IMG_8656.jpg

The path appears that it has good lighting at night

IMG_8657.jpg

IMG_8658.jpg

The rarely used WestSide lot

IMG_8659.jpg

As a matter of fact, one year when the WestSide bus stops were still in use, I remember parking in that lot, shopping my way towards MarketPlace, then taking the first bus that arrived at the Marketplace stop back to my car.

Here is the boat dock for Saratoga Springs

IMG_8660.jpg

At first I thought I might walk to the boat dock and boat back to MarketPlace, then take a bus back to the Fort, but thats not where my wandering would take me.

The path goes past and through the golf course

IMG_8661.jpg

IMG_8662.jpg

IMG_8663.jpg

IMG_8664.jpg

IMG_8665.jpg

IMG_8666.jpg

IMG_8667.jpg

IMG_8668.jpg

Glancing back toward DTD

IMG_8669.jpg

Boats heading to POFQ, Old Key West, and PO Riverside

IMG_8670.jpg

IMG_8671.jpg

Photo limit!

IMG_8672.jpg

IMG_8673.jpg

We're getting closer to the boat dock

IMG_8674.jpg

IMG_8675.jpg

Now I've entered their main shopping/dining complex

Their Counter Service is called Animator's Palate

IMG_8676.jpg

IMG_8677.jpg

Look for kids, they have drawing paper and crayons

IMG_8678.jpg

I like this magnet

IMG_8679.jpg

Samples of food available at the CS

IMG_8680.jpg

They have a special of the day

IMG_8681.jpg

Typical cold food case

IMG_8682.jpg

Dining Area details

IMG_8683.jpg

Now I'm wandering through the halls towards the Turf Club Bar & Grill

IMG_8685.jpg

When the resort first opened, the only food available at the entire place was bar food at the Turf Club. Artist's Pallette opened a few months later, then a year or so later Turf Club Bar expanded into a full service restaurant.

All of the details at Saratoga Springs are about the horse racing culture from Saratoga Springs, New York

IMG_8686.jpg

IMG_8687.jpg

IMG_8688.jpg

IMG_8689.jpg

Dining area in the Turf Club

IMG_8690.jpg

Outside seating area

IMG_8691.jpg

Now, I'm looking over the lake at from one of the outside terraces

IMG_8692.jpg

IMG_8693.jpg

A fully stocked bar

IMG_8694.jpg

More racing decor

IMG_8695.jpg

Now I'm wandering through the Main Pool at SSR

IMG_8696.jpg

Resort map

IMG_8697.jpg

Kids's splash area

IMG_8698.jpg

The main pool

IMG_8699.jpg

IMG_8700.jpg

Kid's slide

IMG_8701.jpg

This is a zero entry pool

IMG_8702.jpg

I love your wanderings. Funny thing.. Today I am wearing a shirt that says "Not all who wander are lost".

Ooooh, I need a shirt like that!!

Your photos from Saratoga Springs are great. I love to see what the other resorts look like! Thanks :)

Thanks, I do too. It's fun to just wander and see where it takes you!! More SS and wandering pics coming up!!

Loving the Saratoga Springs photos! We've never visited there.

Thanks! Well you should, it's got some great pathways to wander!!

We're still wandering Saratoga Springs....

Here is the hot tub

IMG_8703.jpg

Another pool view

IMG_8704.jpg

The pool bar

IMG_8705.jpg

Ping Pong anyone?

IMG_8706.jpg

Lots of bikes to rent

IMG_8707.jpg

IMG_8708.jpg

Resort building

IMG_8709.jpg

Lake View

IMG_8710.jpg

IMG_8711.jpg

IMG_8712.jpg

IMG_8713.jpg

IMG_8714.jpg

Now here, I was at the bus stop. I had initially thought I would take a bus to MK, then ride monorails to Epcot, as I had not been on a monorail yet this trip, and then bus back to the Fort.

However, my mind was changed again.

A bus to the Treehouse Villas showed up. I had not been even near those since 1997, and I knew that they were recently redone. So I hopped on.

When I got off the bus, I noticed the first of many wetland signs

IMG_8715.jpg

The treehouse villas were closed for a very long time, cause they needed repair and refurbishment, but wetland concerns prevented the rehab. However, they finally found a solution with the modular units that are there now, and they are bragging that they preserved the wetlands.

Another SSR map

IMG_8716.jpg

Here is the grill at one of the villas

IMG_8717.jpg

Villa

IMG_8718.jpg

A villa hidden in the brush

IMG_8719.jpg

This looks like it is an accessible villa

IMG_8720.jpg

Another villa

IMG_8721.jpg

Some of them had parking right at the villa, some did not. There seemed to be mini parking lots, then the villa was down a path

IMG_8722.jpg

Direction sign

It appears that in addition to buses to/from SSR, there is also a boat to SSR.

IMG_8723.jpg

IMG_8724.jpg

More wetlands information signs

IMG_8725.jpg

One of 2 bus stops

IMG_8726.jpg

Now we're approaching the pool

On the pool deck they have a foozball table

IMG_8727.jpg

Restrooms and vending

IMG_8728.jpg

The pool

IMG_8729.jpg

The hot tub

IMG_8730.jpg

More wetland signs

IMG_8731.jpg

A nice water feature at the pool

IMG_8732.jpg

If you want a villa near the pool, then ask for villa 7035 - 7037

IMG_8733.jpg

IMG_8734.jpg

Now, instead of taking a bus back to Saratoga Springs, I decided to walk it.

IMG_8735.jpg

Another villa

IMG_8736.jpg

Now I'm on the path to Saratoga Springs

IMG_8737.jpg

IMG_8738.jpg

This path also takes you near the golf course

IMG_8739.jpg

IMG_8740.jpg

IMG_8741.jpg

Now, I either took a wrong turn, OR it is a loooong walk from the THVillas to the closest Saratoga bus stop

IMG_8742.jpg

IMG_8743.jpg

IMG_8744.jpg

IMG_8745.jpg

IMG_8746.jpg

IMG_8747.jpg

IMG_8748.jpg

And I have come to a stopping point, and dinner is ready, so I will continue later.

Coming up, one of the most creative pools I have seen.

You did not take a wrong turn it is a long walk from the Tree Houses to the main lodge at Saratoga Springs. We hope to book one for New Years in 2 years, we are DVC members at this resort so we can reserve at 11 months. This Oct. we are at Kidanni Village with a savanah view for our 25 wedding anniversary!!!!!!!!

The only time I used the West Side bus stops was when they redid the PI bus stops a few years ago.

What the bus driver told you is true about the outside buses using it now, but it never made sense to have three stops at DTD. It doesn't make sense to have two. It should only be PI.

Lorna, Richie, Jen, Gail, and myself were at the Turf Club just this past weekend for dinner. It's nice and quiet and the food was good..

IMG_8736.jpg

I now remember why I took this picture. See the Mickey in the window. If I'm not mistaken, that is not just decoration, that is an indicator to firefighters to let them know that window is made of a special kind of glass that can be broken without injuring anyone. Most buidlings put a firefighters helment on the rescue window, but DISNEY does it their way!!

You did not take a wrong turn it is a long walk from the Tree Houses to the main lodge at Saratoga Springs. We hope to book one for New Years in 2 years, we are DVC members at this resort so we can reserve at 11 months. This Oct. we are at Kidanni Village with a savanah view for our 25 wedding anniversary!!!!!!!!

Wow, so walking from the THVillas is not something folks would normally do on a daily basis just to get to the parks, cause that is a LONG walk.

You took some wonderful pictures, it gives us some great things to look for on upcoming trips!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!

The only time I used the West Side bus stops was when they redid the PI bus stops a few years ago.

What the bus driver told is true about the outside buses using it now, but it never made sense to have three stops at DTD. It doesn't make sense to have two. It should only be PI.

Lorna, Richie, Jen, Gail, and myself were at the Turf Club just this past weekend for dinner. It's nice and quiet and the food was good..

And coincidence I was at the World when they redid the PI bus stops and got to use the WestSide stop once again. I'm pretty sure it was Labor Day weekend 2008!

Glad you enjoyed the dinner. I have eaten there also, but it's been awhile. Also had a good evening there with friends when SSR first opened and it was only the Bar. The nachos were yummy!!!

Thanks for reading all!

Another update to come!!

When we last left off I was strolling through Saratoga Springs again after leaving the THVillas in search of a bus stop to get me to my next destination.

I wander upon this

IMG_8749.jpg

I am approaching one of the "quiet" pools at Saratoga Springs. This was AMAZING for a quiet pool

Once again, the racing theme is well executed

A wonderful kids splash area

IMG_8750.jpg

IMG_8751.jpg

IMG_8752.jpg

The main pool

IMG_8753.jpg

Pool Bar

IMG_8754.jpg

IMG_8755.jpg

Restroom facilities off of this breezeway

IMG_8756.jpg

Guest Laundry

IMG_8757.jpg

The Hot Tub

IMG_8758.jpg

Looking at the Kids Play Area again

IMG_8759.jpg

A nice picnic area under the pavilion

IMG_8760.jpg

IMG_8761.jpg

IMG_8762.jpg

Now, I got the feeling that this pool complex was already there when this area was the Disney Institute/Villas/Townhomes, etc,etc. and was simply rethemed for Saratoga Springs. Does anyone know?

Whew, now I'm finally seeing a bus stop

IMG_8763.jpg

This is the Grandstand Area of Saratoga Springs

IMG_8764.jpg

A nice place to play horseshoes

IMG_8765.jpg

IMG_8766.jpg

Now, I was back to my original quest of bussing to Magic Kingdom, then monorailing to Epcot. Did I do that? Coming up in the next post!

Carol-

I fell behind in my TR reading, but now I'm caught up.

First, you see the one room in the Contemporary Tower that has its lights on, all the way over to the right? :

IMG_8609.jpg

I think that was our room that night! Did you see me out on the balcony waving?

Great job on the SSR/Treehouse photos- that was pretty amazing that you did all that walking after walking all over the MK the night before.

TCD

Just to put this in it's proper context, it is a poem that appears twice in J.R.R. Tolkein's Lord of the Rings.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.

Just to put this in it's proper context, it is a poem that appears twice in J.R.R. Tolkein's Lord of the Rings.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.

Thanks ED! I could 't remember where I'd read it from....

Carol-

I fell behind in my TR reading, but now I'm caught up.

First, you see the one room in the Contemporary Tower that has its lights on, all the way over to the right? :

IMG_8609.jpg

I think that was our room that night! Did you see me out on the balcony waving?

Great job on the SSR/Treehouse photos- that was pretty amazing that you did all that walking after walking all over the MK the night before.

TCD

I DO see it. That's pretty cool!! However, I know I didn't see it at the time, or see you wave. :)

I belive the pool was built when they expanded Saratoga Springs it was not refurbished.

Cool.

All that is gold does not glitter ...

don't tell Doodle that! She might get upset!

Thanks ED! I could 't remember where I'd read it from....

Very interesting. It's been YEARS since I've read LotR, so had not clue where the reference was from!!

Thanks for reading all! Another update coming soon. (If FF cooperates)

When we left off, I had boarded a bus from SSR to Magic Kingdom.

A few pictures from the bus ride

IMG_8767.jpg

IMG_8769.jpg

IMG_8770.jpg

IMG_8777.jpg

We're passing the Fort

IMG_8778.jpg

Here is the now defunct WDW runway!!

IMG_8779.jpg

IMG_8780.jpg

IMG_8783.jpg

IMG_8784.jpg

Now I'm strolling toward the Monorail Platform

IMG_8785.jpg

The Ferry boats passing each other

IMG_8786.jpg

IMG_8788.jpg

IMG_8791.jpg

IMG_8792.jpg

IMG_8793.jpg

IMG_8794.jpg

Sunset past Seven Seas Lagoon

IMG_8795.jpg

IMG_8796.jpg

IMG_8797.jpg

IMG_8798.jpg

IMG_8799.jpg

IMG_8800.jpg

IMG_8802.jpg

IMG_8803.jpg

IMG_8804.jpg

IMG_8809.jpg

IMG_8810.jpg

IMG_8812.jpg

IMG_8813.jpg

IMG_8827.jpg

Picture limit!

Glad Lou doesn't read TR's

He would be telling us how great monorails are, his love for monorails, how unique they are, _____ ( <-fill in something good about monorails here) how unreliable and expensive they are and that buses are better. Did Lou get turned down from being a monorail driver? ;D