planning disney trip for next year

:welcome2:

Check out the Youth Education Programs for added educational value and discounted park tickets for the whole family. http://www.fortfiend...d-park-tickets/

The dining plan is nice, but not a huge savings when you consider tips aren't included anymore... even less of a value for those with rvs b/c you can cook a few meals in the TT and save more $$ there than the dining plan would offer anyway.

The dining plan is nice, but not a huge savings when you consider tips aren't included anymore... even less of a value for those with rvs b/c you can cook a few meals in the TT and save more $$ there than the dining plan would offer anyway.

I was thinking the same thing. I cook meals at home/freeze them for our trips. Just pop one in the microwave for a few minutes and save at least $50.

We have a TIW card, and it saves money on the meals we do eat out. We broke even with it on our last two week trip ... Oct/Nov all the savings will be true savings with it.

TiW discount card is available to FL residents and Annual Pass holders. I believe the cost is $100 for FL residents and $75 for AP holders and it's good for a year - actually depending on when you buy it, it may be good for 14-15 months.

It's good at most table service restaurants as well as counter service at Animal Kingdom and the resorts that don't have TS restaurants (like the values). It gets you 20% off your entire bill (drinks included) for up to 10 people in your party, but they do add an automatic 18% gratuity.

There are also a few other discounts that you can use it for.

It can be a better deal than the dining plan depending on how you eat and how many trips you make within that year.

More details here...

http://allears.net/din/dde.htm

Tables in Wonderland -- it gives you 20% off many restaurants and also includes alcohol. No counter service is discounted with it, though.

Actually, there are quite a few counter service places that will give you the 20% TIW discount. Here's the list I plucked off of the official Disney site:

Disney's All-Star Movies Resort – World Premiere Food Court

Disney's All-Star Music Resort – Intermission Food Court

Disney's All-Star Sports Resort – End Zone Food Court

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge – Boma - The Flavors of Africa, Jiko - The Cooking Place, Sanaa, Victoria Falls

Disney's Beach Club Resort – Beaches & Cream Soda Shop (excludes take-out shop), Cape May Cafe, Martha's Vineyard Lounge

Disney's BoardWalk – Belle Vue Lounge, Big River Grille & Brewing Works, ESPN® Club, Flying Fish Cafe, Kouzzina by Cat Cora

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort – Shutters at Old Port Royale

Disney's Contemporary Resort – California Grill, Chef Mickey's, Outer Rim, The Wave

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort – Maya Grill

Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground – Crockett's Tavern, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue (9:30 p.m. show only), Trail's End Restaurant (Excludes take out shop)

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – 1900 Park Fare, Citricos, Garden View Tea Room, Grand Floridian Cafe, Mizner's Lounge, Narcoossee's, Victoria & Albert's (excludes Chef's Table and Queen Victoria Room)

Disney's Old Key West Resort – Olivia's Cafe

Disney's Osprey Ridge Golf Course – Sand Trap Bar & Grill

Disney's Polynesian Resort – 'Ohana, Kona Cafe, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show (Late show only), Tambu Lounge

Disney's Pop Century Resort – Everything Pop Shopping and Dining (excludes merchandise from shop)

Disney's Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter - Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory, Scat Cat's Club

Disney's Port Orleans Resort – Riverside - Boatwright's Dining Hall, River Roost

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort – The Artist's Palette, The Turf Club Bar & Grill; Turf Club Lounge

Disney's Vero Beach Resort – The Green Cabin Room, Shutter's, Sonya's (Excludes Sunday Brunch)

Disney's Wilderness Lodge – Artist Point, Territory Lounge, Whispering Canyon Cafe

Disney's Yacht Club Resort – Ale and Compass Lounge, Captain's Grille, Crews Cup Lounge, Yachtsman Steakhouse

Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort – Il Mulino New York Trattoria, Kimonos, Shula's Steak House, Todd English's bluezoo, Garden Grove

Magic Kingdom® Park – Cinderella's Royal Table, Liberty Tree Tavern, The Crystal Palace, The Plaza Restaurant, Tony's Town Square Restaurant

Epcot® – Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, Biergarten Restaurant, Bistro de Paris, Chefs de France, Coral Reef Restaurant, Le Cellier Steakhouse, Nine Dragons Restaurant, Restaurant Marrakesh, Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room, San Angel Inn Restaurante, The Garden Grill Restaurant, Tokyo Dining, Tutto Italia Ristorante, Via Napoli

Disney's Hollywood Studios™ – 50's Prime Time Cafe, Hollywood & Vine, Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano, Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant, The Hollywood Brown Derby, Tune-In Lounge

Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park – Flame Tree Barbeque, Pizzafari, Restaurantosaurus, Tusker House Restaurant

DOWNTOWN DISNEY® – Marketplace - Cap'n Jack's Restaurant, Fulton's Crab House

DOWNTOWN DISNEY® – Pleasure Island – Paradiso 37, Portobello, Raglan Road" Irish Pub and Restaurant

DOWNTOWN DISNEY® – West side – Bongo's Cuban Café, House Of Blues® (Excludes Sunday Brunch), Planet Hollywood®, Wolfgang Puck Café

ESPN Wide World of Sports® Complex – ESPN Wide World of Sports® Grill

The All Star resort and Art of Animation restaurants listed are counter service.

So is Flametree BBQ and Pizzafari in AK.

And there are many others.

Trails' End take out used to be eligible for the 20% discount too. When they took that away a year or so ago, they lost me as a TIW customer. Cheapskates!

TCD

Oops, I didn't notice you said takeout. We didn't try it. Just dined in.

Thanks for clarifying that. No more TIW card for me. They will have to think of another way to rip me off. Which I know they will.

This whole TIW is strange- they give the discount for the counter service at the All Stars and Pop (and I think at the new AoA), but they can't throw us campers a bone and give us a discount?

They ain't getting my money for this.

TCD

Thanks for clarifying that. No more TIW card for me. They will have to think of another way to rip me off. Which I know they will.

This whole TIW is strange- they give the discount for the counter service at the All Stars and Pop (and I think at the new AoA), but they can't throw us campers a bone and give us a discount?

They ain't getting my money for this.

TCD

The reason for that is.....

TiW was designed to give the discount on TABLE service. However, All-Stars, Pop Century, Art of Animation, and Port Orleans, French Quarter DO NOT have a table service location, so they extended the discount to those resorts. Animal Kingdom Park used to not have Table Service locations, so that's why it was available at their counter service locations. I'm actually surprised that they still offer the discount at the CS at DAK, now that Tusker House is a sit down restaurant.