From the Disney Food blog...

Guest Review: Gasparilla Grill and Games at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort

Mar 3rd, 2012 by AJ.

Thanks to Chantel B. for sending along these great photos and mini-reviews from Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort’s Gasparilla Grill and Games!

Gasparilla Grill and Games overlooks the marina at Disney’s Grand Floridian. Open 24-hours (!!!), this quick-service restaurant makes a great late night stop when leaving the Magic Kingdom. Dinner items are served until 11:30 p.m., then late night snacks are available overnight.

Dining indoors can be a bit noisy since this space also functions as the arcade. For a view of Cinderella’s Castle (and a quieter atmosphere) in the distance, dine at an outdoor table.

3-11-DSMM-CW-031-500x375.jpg

View from Gasparilla Grill

You can check out our full review with more atmosphere pics here! But let’s take a look at Chantel’s reviews of some very popular Gasparilla dishes…

Lobster Macaroni & Cheese

If you’re not staying at the Grand Floridian, this dish is worth a trip to the resort! The Lobster meat was small, not chunked. And the gruyere cheese blend had a nice creamy texture.

Lobster-Mac-and-Cheese1-500x333.jpg

Lobster Mac and Cheese

Chicken Sandwich plus Mozzarella & Tomato Salad

Served on a wheat bun, this sandwich had a nice flavor (obviously marinated) and not dry! The salad was very good, dressed with an olive oil/herb dressing.

Chicken-Sandwich1-500x333.jpg

Chicken Sandwich

Vegetarian Lasagna

The Vegetarian Lasagna selection had a rich tomato sauce with the crunchy corners we like on lasagna! We would have liked a bit more cheese.

Vegetarian-Lasagna1-500x333.jpg

Vegetarian Lasagna

Shrimp Stir Fry

The surprise of the lunch! It really had a nice flavor with good sized shrimp. The tasty sweet/sour type sauce was above average, though I would ask for less if I ordered again (I am not a “drowning in sauce” type person).

The shrimp was served over a coconut rice, full of bell peppers, pineapple, and onions. Everyone at the table agreed it was the star of the meal.

Shrimp-Stir-Fry1-500x333.jpg

Shrimp Stir Fry

German Chocolate Cupcake

This cupcake was slightly dry, but had a great chocolate flavor and the coconut/pecan icing was delish! We looked in the bakery case for this item, however finally found it in the refrigerated section. A good choice for your counter-service dessert option.

German-Chocolate-Cupcake1-500x333.jpg

German Chocolate Cupcake

Thanks to Chantel and her group for sending over this awesome review and the great pics! I always wondered how that lobster mac and cheese was!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/03/03/guest-review-gasparilla-grill-and-games-at-disneys-grand-floridian-resort/

Be forwared, the entrance to this place is OUTSIDE!! I went to the Grand Flo once specifically to go the Gasparilla and looked at the map in the lobby to find it and it really doesn't tell you the entrance is outside. I must have circled the downstairs lobby four times before I gave up and asked somebody!!!

The CM says that happens all the time!!

We also had trouble finding it, but asked someone at the podium of the Cafe and it wasn't a long walk from there. And here is my favorite thing about this place....we like to go out for ice cream at the various QS places. This one is self serve like the one at Roaring Forks, whereas RF has chocolate sauce for a topping, this place has real hot fudge!! For me, there is NO comparison between choc sauce and hot fudge.

I loved the lobster mac & cheese it was wonderful and we also had to do some searching in order to find this place. We got in around 11am and by 11:15 the place started filling up for lunch even though it was counter service it took about 25 mins to get our order which was no big deal for us since we were not in a rush.

Based on this review, I recently stopped by to give this place a once-over.

I knew where it was, as we have stayed at the GF in the past.

I never really liked this place as well as the quick serve restaurants at the other deluxe resorts, so it had been a while since we stopped by.

Dave is right about the ice cream. They do have hot fudge (although it is very thin and runny) and hot caramel. They also have four choices of flavors. On the day we visited that meant chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and cookies and cream. The cookies and cream wasn't so good. The strawberry was great.

I still don't like the whole set-up of this place. It is much harder to get to than any of the other deluxe hotel quick serve locations. Also, the inside seating area has a bunch of arcade games in it and very little theming. It's noisy and kind of generic looking. Not at all what you would expect in a Deluxe resort. The atmosphere in the Contempo Cafe' blows this place away. The outside seating area is nice, but only when the weather is pleasant.

I won't be going back there any time soon.

TCD

Based on this review, I recently stopped by to give this place a once-over.

I knew where it was, as we have stayed at the GF in the past.

I never really liked this place as well as the quick serve restaurants at the other deluxe resorts, so it had been a while since we stopped by.

Dave is right about the ice cream. They do have hot fudge (although it is very thin and runny) and hot caramel. They also have four choices of flavors. On the day we visited that meant chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and cookies and cream. The cookies and cream wasn't so good. The strawberry was great.

I still don't like the whole set-up of this place. It is much harder to get to than any of the other deluxe hotel quick serve locations. Also, the inside seating area has a bunch of arcade games in it and very little theming. It's noisy and kind of generic looking. Not at all what you would expect in a Deluxe resort. The atmosphere in the Contempo Cafe' blows this place away. The outside seating area is nice, but only when the weather is pleasant.

I won't be going back there any time soon.

TCD

Well that's not good to hear the hot fudge was thin. It was good when I had it, IIRC. I'm kinda particular about my hot fudge and I remember enjoying it.

I agree with you about the ambiance. Not a very relaxing place.

If they'd get hot fudge at RF or Contempo I'd have no reason to return to this place.